Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Am I over-thinking my 'civic responsibilities'  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Home Alone

... to help keep the Virus in check?

I"d planned my first punt this year for this afternoon; but woke up this morning with some symptoms which I didn't have last night and which, according to the External Link/Members Only website aren't - yet! - sufficiently severe to 'qualify' me for a test to see if I have the virus.

So I texted the SP a couple of hours ago to tell her that, in the circumstances, I thought it was sensible to cancel the appointment.

One of the worries going through my mind was that, if I'd gone through with the punt and then, in a couple of days' time, developed the full-blown symptoms and had a test which proved positive, how would I have been able to help the trackers and trackers find the lass I was due to see later on today?

I mean; yes I could have told them about 'Phabulous Phelicity'* whose phone number is 07XXX XXXXXX. But I don't know her actual name, or where she lives because, as a punter, I know that not all SPs work from home.

Or am I over-thinking things?  :unknown:

* Name changed, obvs!

Offline Mr Doodle

Sounds like you have done the right thing.. Got symptoms that could be anything (e.g. flu, etc) and cancelled... If it turns out not to be COVID (or the flu) and extra couple of days to a coupe of weeks to wait when you (like me) have waited this long is not much in the scheme of things.. Well done!

Offline JamesKW

One of the worries going through my mind was that, if I'd gone through with the punt and then, in a couple of days' time, developed the full-blown symptoms and had a test which proved positive, how would I have been able to help the trackers and trackers find the lass I was due to see later on today?

I mean; yes I could have told them about 'Phabulous Phelicity'* whose phone number is 07XXX XXXXXX. But I don't know her actual name, or where she lives because, as a punter, I know that not all SPs work from home.

Or am I over-thinking things?  :unknown:

* Name changed, obvs!

I think her phone number would be enough detail,if it worries you,though this is hypothetical in this instance.The same problem would arise if the reverse was true,I dont suppose many punters or prossies are that concerned.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 12:21:39 pm by JamesKW »

Offline Home Alone

I think her phone number would be enough detail,if it worries you,though this is hypothetical in this instance.The same problem would arise if the reverse was true,dont suppose many punters or prossies are that concerned.

My last Regular told me I was fluffy in all aspects of life, James!

Interestingly, I've just had a reply from the SP in question. I texted her before 9.00 this morning and hadn't heard a thing in reply so assumed that she'd probably blocked me.

In fact, it's quite a conciliatory reply - my inner cynic thinks business must be slow because she apologises for not having replied before; hopes I'm soon better; and looks forward to meeting up when I am!

Offline Fuzzyduck

You clearly did the right thing by not going. One of the problems here is that people's view on civic responsibilities are different.
Had you gone and subsequently tested positive and informed her, she might have just carried on working until she presented with symptoms. Who knows. A SP contacted me once a few weeks after I saw her saying she had a STD. I appreciated the message and acted on it (got tested, luckily all clear).
I'm not sure I would have informed track & trace but would have told her certainly. If you're struggling with that dilemma then you probably shouldn't be punting at all in current circumstances.

Offline Redpunter

Offline Jerk Chicken

Great post OP.

Echoing others you did the right thing IMHO.

I know the NHS Covid app has caused a stir in a few circles but have you downloaded it? ... your intended punt you could ask if she has downloaded it as well. That way the Covid alert is automatic if you subsequently test positive.

Funny but not funny had an overnight with a regular a few weeks back. We both have the app. As soon as she wakes into my hotel room she looked at her phone to see if an alert went off  :scare:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 01:06:52 pm by Jerk Chicken »
Banned reason: Previously banned (Sean70) - Pimp, dangerous and using UKP review threats to demand extra services
Banned by: Kev40ish

Offline RandomGuy99

I'm putting my bits back into hibernation mode probably until Feb/March.

Offline RedKettle

Clearly the right thing to do.

Even pre Covid  if I had cold like symptoms developing I would cancel a punt because I thought it unfair to risk her losing work if she was ill. Done this a few times and ironically always sense that they are pissed off and give me a black mark as time waster. However I believe in trying to do the right thing.

Offline bossanova

Similar happened to me last week – my only chance to punt for the last 8 months and probably the same for the next 6 – but I still cancelled

Offline Fuzzyduck

Similar happened to me last week – my only chance to punt for the last 8 months and probably the same for the next 6 – but I still cancelled

Well done. Sadly I suspect lots of punters wouldn't give a shit and would go ahead anyway.

Offline JamesKW

Had you gone and subsequently tested positive and informed her, she might have just carried on working until she presented with symptoms. Who knows. A SP contacted me once a few weeks after I saw her saying she had a STD. I appreciated the message and acted on it (got tested, luckily all clear).
I'm not sure I would have informed track & trace but would have told her certainly. If you're struggling with that dilemma then you probably shouldn't be punting at all in current circumstances.

Prossies currently working know the risks involved,most of them are likley asymptomatic as they caught it back in February/March when the virus was more prevalent(particulary in London)with the amount of men they see, so they may not have symptoms.

Offline RandomGuy99

Clearly the right thing to do.

Even pre Covid  if I had cold like symptoms developing I would cancel a punt because I thought it unfair to risk her losing work if she was ill. Done this a few times and ironically always sense that they are pissed off and give me a black mark as time waster. However I believe in trying to do the right thing.
I like to do the right thing too.

I've only ever cancelled two bookings.  On the first cancellation, the SP wasn't very understanding even though I was trying to do the best thing for both of us due to a medical issue.  The second cancellation went much better.  I explained that I thought I was coming down with a cold and I would like to cancel to avoid risking infecting her. The SP replied that she was fine with this and that she appreciated me not potentially infecting her, which could lead to her going down sick.  Once I had recovered I made up the cancelled booking and she seemed happy enough to see me again and I saw her several more times before COVID hit.

Offline Hobbit

You did the right thing. It's very difficult to think clearly when it comes to sex. Many of us just think with our dicks and I'm no different. All credit to you mate. :hi:

Offline jayj301599

You done well! It was the right thing to do

Online dubhcarr

nice one OP. It is for the individual to assess their risk and do the right thing.  :hi:

Offline Home Alone

Thanks, chaps, for your posts. As I was typing the OP, I wondered if I was being too fussy, but it's gratifying to read your replies. And to think that the OP was prompted by my worries about explaining what would have inevitably been incomplete replies to the Track and Trace team!

I like to do the right thing too.

I've only ever cancelled two bookings.  On the first cancellation, the SP wasn't very understanding even though I was trying to do the best thing for both of us due to a medical issue.  The second cancellation went much better.  I explained that I thought I was coming down with a cold and I would like to cancel to avoid risking infecting her. The SP replied that she was fine with this and that she appreciated me not potentially infecting her, which could lead to her going down sick.  Once I had recovered I made up the cancelled booking and she seemed happy enough to see me again and I saw her several more times before COVID hit.

As you'll see from Reply #3, the SP I texted has replied in a similar vein to the second woman in RandomGuy's post above. I plan to do the same as he did and "make up" the cancelled booking. I could see her becoming an 'occasional Regular' ;) , if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 04:55:21 pm by Home Alone »

Offline Steve2

Offline RandomGuy99

Glad to hear your SP took the cancellation well.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 05:22:04 pm by RandomGuy99 »

Offline Home Alone

Thanks, RandomGuy. :hi:

As you'll see from an earlier post, my inner cynic thinks he knows why! ;)

But heigh-ho, we'll see how things pan out in the next month or so. Unless Boris bans punting before then.

Offline Doc Holliday

Well done HA. If your symptoms worsen get a test, especially if you develop a fever.

I know you are in the North West and no spring chicken.  ;) Its not good up here at the moment. Having considered the risk to others today, I would suggest you also consider the risk to yourself with future punts?

Offline RandomGuy99

Thanks, RandomGuy. :hi:

As you'll see from an earlier post, my inner cynic thinks he knows why! ;)

But heigh-ho, we'll see how things pan out in the next month or so. Unless Boris bans punting before then.
We just have to remember that on the day cancellations can be tough for both parties.  SPs all work differently, so we might think our cancelled booking can easily be replaced, but that isn't always the case. Sometimes cancelling can have a bigger impact than we know e.g. having to change work plans or rearrange child care.  In hindsight that turned out to be the reason for the response I got from the first SP.  She had a valid reason.  I bear no grudges.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 06:08:19 pm by RandomGuy99 »

Offline Home Alone

Well done HA. If your symptoms worsen get a test, especially if you develop a fever.

I know you are in the North West and no spring chicken.  ;) Its not good up here at the moment. Having considered the risk to others today, I would suggest you also consider the risk to yourself with future punts?

Aww; thanks for your post, Doc; I appreciate it; and yes, I'll obey 'Doctor's "Orders" '!! ;)

Today's been a salutary lesson in a number of ways, especially about mortality. A punt's for the time; keeping fit - or, as you're aware, Doc, as fit as possible, given my history - is for life. I will punt that SP I had to postpone today, but only, in the phrase I've used a number of times lately, "when the All Clear sounds!"

What I've got now seems to be nothing more than a sore throat and a hoarse voice. Fortunately, there's a test centre less than 2 miles away so if ever I feel a deterioration, then I'll be booking an appointment a.s.a.p. And just praying that I'm not offered somewhere like Dundee. [Apologies to anybody reading this on Tayside! ;) ]

And yes, RandomGuy; I, too, always to remember that I'm shagging another human being, with different, but equal problems to mine.

Like I say, today's been "a salutary lesson"; thanks to all who've posted on here and made me feel I got it right. :drinks:

Offline datwabbit

Definitely right thing but it's getting back to normal as more and more meet. Then you get the reasons why it was ok. In fact I'm not sure covid precautions are being mentioned now. You could have easily convinced yourself that the punt was ok but you didn't.

Offline mj

Well done, you did the right thing.  I know punting always carries the risk of catching something, but even in non-covid times, it wouldn't be right to knowingly spread something if you're not well.  Any decent service provider will understand because catching something themselves and not being able to work means that they lose income.

Offline oap69

because she apologises for not having replied before; hopes I'm soon better; and looks forward to meeting up when I am!

Well done HA, a reply like that from a SP would encourage you to book again.

Since lockdown I've had concerns that a SP might have been with a punter who had the virus, or starting symptoms, then passing it on not knowingly.
So I hope all punters will follow your lead and cancel if not well.

Offline tynetunnel

Of course you did the right thing! However equally you could have visited the WG in question, and IF the worst happed you could have:

Not mentioned her to track and trace

Informed the WG herself who could have had a test/informed track and trace and not mentioned you. Thereby completing the circle in respect of tracing without dropping each other into a potentially embarrassing situation. Alternatively I should imagine the tracking people will have heard it all, and in any case you don’t have to say why you were with her.

But you still did the right thing for her and for you. I too nearly had a punt last weekend, I wanted it so badly. But here in the NE things  are looking bad right now, so for me, the girl and the wider community, for the ‘common good’ if you will - I had a wank!  :hi:

Offline Fuzzyduck

Of course you did the right thing! However equally you could have visited the WG in question, and IF the worst happed you could have:

Not mentioned her to track and trace

Informed the WG herself who could have had a test/informed track and trace and not mentioned you. Thereby completing the circle in respect of tracing without dropping each other into a potentially embarrassing situation. Alternatively I should imagine the tracking people will have heard it all, and in any case you don’t have to say why you were with her.

But you still did the right thing for her and for you. I too nearly had a punt last weekend, I wanted it so badly. But here in the NE things  are looking bad right now, so for me, the girl and the wider community, for the ‘common good’ if you will - I had a wank!  :hi:

Exemplary behaviour, TT. The temptation is to get one in before the shutters come down but we all really need to be sensible and to apply common sense.