Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Do you really need an AdultWork profile?  (Read 461 times)

Ravanelli

It came to my attention today that someone had posted quite detailed notes on my AW profile warning other girls that I was dangerous and to be avoided and of course the usual prossie fallback that I was 'unclean.'  So no doubt it was posted by someone who has received a negative review or comments from me on here.
Water off a ducks back but it was quite by chance that one of my regulars mentioned this, she'd seen it weeks ago and was thankfully smart enough to not give it a second thought in terms of its credibility. She just made one of those, oh by the way, comments earlier today. It's never been a problem for me because I never booked girls through AW and I never reviewed girls through AW, which got me thinking, why do I actually have an AW profile? I had just enough feedback to keep the profile for whenever there was a girl who insisted she wouldn't see anyone without positive feedback but on reflection I was always suspicious of those girls and I have never seen anyone who insists on some positive AW feedback.  The smart girls speak to you and make their own minds up based on their own judgement and common sense. Moreover, I prefer speaking to any new girl I am considering before confirming a booking, I have ruled many out after initial telephone contact just from their telephone manner. So, it seemed quite plain to me that I don't need an AW profile and I kissed it goodbye earlier today, never to be replaced. The genuine girls nearly always have a contact number and enough pictures on their contact page to facilitate you making a decision, so not having an AW profile immediately gets rid of some of the dross because its a non-starter unless they have contact details and decent gallery pics. Having said all that, I am no longer seeing the need to look for new girls on AW, that option is there if I wanted it but I'll generally stick to my 3 regulars unless they're not available, which rarely happens. So on reflection, if you have an AW profile, do you really need it? I suspect that there are many of you who don't and it is possibly just another unnecessary loose thread that could contribute to the tracking of your activities and possibly even your discovery. My final piece of advice is to regularly change you sim in your punting phone, I change mine roughly every twelve months now or whenever I feel it necessary. They cost virtually nothing and it devalues the bitter prossies attempts at disseminating your phone number and to a degree resets your punting activity to zero, at least as far as your phone is concerned.
My advice is to bin your AW profile unless you think it is an absolute necessity. If you do use AW then ensure your AW profile name is unrelated to your UKP handle and never ever leave negative feedback on AW; UKP is where the negative reviews will really help punters avoid the poor service providers and scammers.

LL

I would only miss the hotlists feature.

Ravanelli

I would only miss the hotlists feature.

Be nice if there was a personal hotlist feature on UKP.

Offline JamesKW

You can have an adultwork profile for hotlists but phone anyone you wish to see,most profiles have a number to call,I have never used the Adultwork booking facility I always call on the day.

Offline Zeusthedoc

You can have an adultwork profile for hotlists but phone anyone you wish to see,most profiles have a number to call,I have never used the Adultwork booking facility I always call on the day.

or if i'm only around the corner from a regular, maybe even the hour before.

Offline flybynightpm

I reckon you could live quite happily without a profile.. as said earlier, the hotlists are sort of useful but otherwise the punter's feedback is pointless... ( only seen 1 WG who wanted >5 fbs, so thought plenty of other fish)... I always call and have never had my money refused.. I think the fb is more for the girls benefit to prove there authenticity.. Most aren't that well connected/IT aware, to take an AW booking let along do the feedback thing..

Quesadilla

None of my regs publish their number, and two of my best punts have come from reverse bookings so I would have missed out on some of my best punting experiences without an AW profile.

Admittedly I now contact my regs all direct but always looking out for the next new reg and not about to exclude someone for want of a profile. 

Worst case I piss off someone with a negative comment/review in which case I delete my profile and start again getting my regs to give me enough new fb to get me started again. Hardly a major hassle.  :unknown:

Offline Turtle Z

I am happy to do without an AW profile.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 05:52:38 pm by Turtle Z »

Ravanelli

None of my regs publish their number, and two of my best punts have come from reverse bookings so I would have missed out on some of my best punting experiences without an AW profile.

Admittedly I now contact my regs all direct but always looking out for the next new reg and not about to exclude someone for want of a profile. 

Worst case I piss off someone with a negative comment/review in which case I delete my profile and start again getting my regs to give me enough new fb to get me started again. Hardly a major hassle.  :unknown:

All good points but the purpose of the OP was not so much to stimulate a discussion on what each individual gets from keeping an AW account, rather it is simply to get punters to reflect on the additional risk in keeping that profile and to ask themselves whether or not they really need it. There are a minority of nasty vindictive prossies out there who don't take kindly to negative feedback or even comments because ultimately it affects their income. Each individual will do their own risk benefit analysis and perhaps decide that an AW profile is not worth the additional risk in keeping it, or maybe not.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 05:59:38 pm by Ravanelli »

Offline laidbackasiandude

You have to consider here that in the scenario highlighted in bold, your NEW AW profile will show up your OLD AW alias whenever you
contact or make bookings via AW emails/booking system.

west8

someone had posted quite detailed notes on my AW profile warning other girls that I was dangerous and to be avoided and of course the usual prossie fallback that I was 'unclean.'

Sorry to hear that. Bang out of order imho.

Does it not state who left the comments? Surely the Adultwork ID of the service provider is visible?

Sorry to hear that. Bang out of order imho.

Does it not state who left the comments? Surely the Adultwork ID of the service provider is visible?

Regarding the AW notes system, only verified AW service providers can read/access and write notes
for a client/punter.

The OP could possibly deduce who left the notes by asking one of his regulars who can view the
notes, to see when the entry was made on his AW profile.

west8

Regarding the AW notes system, only verified AW service providers can read/access and write notes
for a client/punter.

The OP could possibly deduce who left the notes by asking one of his regulars who can view the
notes, to see when the entry was made on his AW profile.

Yes, I occasionally ask a girl I trust to check my profile - just in case. So far, so good.

To clarify: the Adultwork ID of the verified service provider is not visible (even to other SPs) along with any comments left?

Surely anonymous negative feedback is dodgy as hell.

Yes, I occasionally ask a girl I trust to check my profile - just in case. So far, so good.

To clarify: the Adultwork ID of the verified service provider is not visible (even to other SPs) along with any comments left?

Surely anonymous negative feedback is dodgy as hell.

That is my understanding regarding anonymity of the SP leaving adverse notes on a punter's AW profile. But as
mentioned in my previous post, it may be dated (similar to a diary entry) which can be viewed by his regular AW
verified WG, who can then let the punter know the time/date of entry.

Totally agree that the anonymous notes system that doesn't allow for a punter, the opportunity to write a rebuttal,
is both unfair and very dodgy.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:28:17 pm by laidbackasiandude »

Offline Happylad

You have to consider here that in the scenario highlighted in bold, your NEW AW profile will show up your OLD AW alias whenever you

If the OP removes his Profile completely from AW it will automatically lapse after one month and become completely erased.  He can then start a new one without anything being carried forward from his old one.

I have done it twice - once to escape stalking from a wg`s pimp, and once to lose some malicious entries such as those the OP complains of.

Ravanelli

If the OP removes his Profile completely from AW it will automatically lapse after one month and become completely erased.  He can then start a new one without anything being carried forward from his old one.

I have done it twice - once to escape stalking from a wg`s pimp, and once to lose some malicious entries such as those the OP complains of.

I could, but as I said, I have no interest in having another AW profile... Ever!  For me personally it serves no useful purpose. If prossies want to provide rebuttal on any negative reviews I might write then they can do it on here.  It is an unnecessary risk element that has now been removed.

Ravanelli

Totally agree that the anonymous notes system that doesn't allow for a punter, the opportunity to write a rebuttal,
is both unfair and very dodgy.

Of course, this is a very good point that pre-supposes that I have any interest in writing a rebuttal on AW. I don't, and whilst my regular told me that she could tell me who posted the comments once she'd checked on AW,  I genuinely don't have enough interest in the matter to even pursue it. That may seem strange to some but there is no point in getting involved in disputes with unscrupulous WG's. You can't reason with them or make everything nicely balanced by the addition of your own comments; particularly on a fundamentally flawed system like AW's. If I post a negative review you can take it as a given that I will not be making another booking and have no wish to waste anymore of my time or money on them. So I certainly won't be circumventing that principle by engaging in a war of words on AW.

Offline smiths

It came to my attention today that someone had posted quite detailed notes on my AW profile warning other girls that I was dangerous and to be avoided and of course the usual prossie fallback that I was 'unclean.'  So no doubt it was posted by someone who has received a negative review or comments from me on here.
Water off a ducks back but it was quite by chance that one of my regulars mentioned this, she'd seen it weeks ago and was thankfully smart enough to not give it a second thought in terms of its credibility. She just made one of those, oh by the way, comments earlier today. It's never been a problem for me because I never booked girls through AW and I never reviewed girls through AW, which got me thinking, why do I actually have an AW profile? I had just enough feedback to keep the profile for whenever there was a girl who insisted she wouldn't see anyone without positive feedback but on reflection I was always suspicious of those girls and I have never seen anyone who insists on some positive AW feedback.  The smart girls speak to you and make their own minds up based on their own judgement and common sense. Moreover, I prefer speaking to any new girl I am considering before confirming a booking, I have ruled many out after initial telephone contact just from their telephone manner. So, it seemed quite plain to me that I don't need an AW profile and I kissed it goodbye earlier today, never to be replaced. The genuine girls nearly always have a contact number and enough pictures on their contact page to facilitate you making a decision, so not having an AW profile immediately gets rid of some of the dross because its a non-starter unless they have contact details and decent gallery pics. Having said all that, I am no longer seeing the need to look for new girls on AW, that option is there if I wanted it but I'll generally stick to my 3 regulars unless they're not available, which rarely happens. So on reflection, if you have an AW profile, do you really need it? I suspect that there are many of you who don't and it is possibly just another unnecessary loose thread that could contribute to the tracking of your activities and possibly even your discovery. My final piece of advice is to regularly change you sim in your punting phone, I change mine roughly every twelve months now or whenever I feel it necessary. They cost virtually nothing and it devalues the bitter prossies attempts at disseminating your phone number and to a degree resets your punting activity to zero, at least as far as your phone is concerned.
My advice is to bin your AW profile unless you think it is an absolute necessity. If you do use AW then ensure your AW profile name is unrelated to your UKP handle and never ever leave negative feedback on AW; UKP is where the negative reviews will really help punters avoid the poor service providers and scammers.

I dont need an A/W profile, but then i punt in London and have plenty of choice.  IMO the safest and most anonymous way to punt is to phone WGs only using a punting phone and all they can possibly have is that number, easily changed and my description.

Ravanelli

I dont need an A/W profile, but then i punt in London and have plenty of choice.  IMO the safest and most anonymous way to punt is to phone WGs only using a punting phone and all they can possibly have is that number, easily changed and my description.

Spot on and precisely the point I am making.

Sienna_Bronze

I very rarely use my aw account and when I do it seems to be full of fantasists and time wasters. 99% of contact via me and punters is calls and texts and I much prefer it that way. So no I don't think you need a aw account it just depends on how the girl works.

This topic (or similar) has been discussed previously, here's a short thread that may also be an alternative way
of resolving the issue,

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=32557.msg452537;topicseen#msg452537

The OP is not interested in setting up a new AW profile and what Smiths has suggested is without doubt the
safest and best method to avoid any of this hassle.

Quesadilla

Not if you're thorough - as has been pointed out in the linked thread above it is possible to setup multiple AW profiles and not have them linked.  :unknown:

Offline StevenS

Or you could ask for your review to be deleted  :hi:

Offline ampersand

Or you could ask for your review to be deleted  :hi:
I don't think Admin will delete reviews on UKP.

LL

So your profile isn't marked with comments warning others of your barebacking antics?
As if we needed any more proof that the AW profile system is a waste of time, and doesn't work.

west8

So your profile isn't marked with comments warning others of your barebacking antics?
As if we needed any more proof that the AW profile system is a waste of time, and doesn't work.

No, it isn't. Nor should it be. But I hope you enjoyed bringing that up (yet again).

As more sensible minds have already politely pointed out more than once: virtually everyone is barebacking someone.

The issue at hand is not bareback; the issue is degree of risk - and awareness of said risk.

Moreover, a WG is hardly going to annotate a punters profile as follows:

Quote from: WG
This punter likes to bareback. I should know: I'm the fucking cunt who provided him with a BB service. Oh wait, how do I delete this comment? Girls?
  :wackogirl:

Offline Sedlmayer

I got locked out of my AW profile about 6 months or  so ago, and I haven't bothered to create another one.
I don't miss it at all to be truthful - if a girl doesn't display a phone number, I move on. Plenty more to choose from, in London at least.

I simply browse AW to find likely-looking girls and check them out on here. That's it.
And I've had a really good run of punts in the last 6 months, so this method certainly works for me.

LL

No, it isn't. Nor should it be. But I hope you enjoyed bringing that up (yet again).
That's where we disagree.  You have zero respect for the health and wellbeing of the girls that you continue to see nor the health of your fellow punters.  The right thing to do after admitting your drunken mistake would have been to stop punting for a few months and wait for your all-clear.

Everyone's barebacking somebody?  How many of us are barebacking drug-riddled prostitutes?