Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: TV ads you hate  (Read 15741 times)

Offline DouglasReynholm

you know the magazine part works where you buy a magazine and you can build a plastic Aston Martin in 18 months
They are moving up market ad on todays TV for a metal model of a Uboat
The cost is shown for about 2 seconds
35 parts at £50 each (inc p&p) thats £1750 !
How many people is this aimed at ?
Don't you mean 35 parts at £5, £175?
Yeah  first issue usually sells for a low price of £1:99 then the rest of the issues sell for £9:99 . It takes about 200 issues to complete the model . It works out cheaper to buy the real thing.  :dash:
How many people is this aimed at ?  Idiots I would imagine
The real thing? Oh, if it is a real U-Boat £1,750 is great value! Wunderbar!  :thumbsup:

Online timsussex

Don't you mean 35 parts at £5, £175? The real thing? Oh, if it is a real U-Boat £1,750 is great value! Wunderbar!  :thumbsup:

it was 35 parts at £45+£5 p&p - admittedly metal not plastic and the first issue was cheaper £17-50 !

Offline Malvolio

I guess people get their money's worth from actually putting the thing together.  Think of it as a very slow jigsaw.

Online myothernameis

The new curry's adverts, eating instructions, and the wisdom of beards

Offline StingRay

The stupid fucker that loses his tins of baked beans at the airport!  :dash:

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
The stupid fucker that loses his tins of baked beans at the airport!  :dash:
Ahh, so it's a baked beans advert, I turn it over every time it comes on so I never got as far as what it was for.

Offline David1970

Adverts for bingo games…how thick are their target audience if that shit encourages them to buy the product. :dash:

Online mr.bluesky

The latest advert for Walkers crisps with David Beckham and Thierry Henry. Both have made millions playing football so why the fuck do they need to advertise crisps. It can't be that they need the money.

Offline Dave33ws6

The car advert where the voiceover says "can we skip to the good part?"

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

The latest advert for Walkers crisps with David Beckham and Thierry Henry. Both have made millions playing football so why the fuck do they need to advertise crisps. It can't be that they need the money.

No but brands want recognisable “celebs” fronting their advertising campaigns.

Offline PilotMan

I hated that Domino's yodelling advert, but now it makes me laugh.

I was following a delivery guy on a moped, I had an irrational desire to stop next to him, wind down the window and yodel at him  :lol: :lol:

The Bugger managed to get away  :dash:

Online mr.bluesky

No but brands want recognisable “celebs” fronting their advertising campaigns.

True but they could have made a better advert than that.

Offline Corus Boy

The latest advert for The British Heart Foundation Lottery with the smug git fronting it.

External Link/Members Only

Online Munter84

I think the new McDonald's advert (the one that features two solid minutes of humming with a half chewed Big Mac in some blokes mouth) has leapt to the top spot of current most annoying ad.

Offline Punterperson1971

Octismart mattress. And any other mattress  advert early in the morning they normally come on,and they go on and on and on
Spec savers HOME TESTS
Fairy non bio advert
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 01:12:01 pm by Punterperson1971 »

Online Ghost89

The new compare the meerkat with them sing “ I feel like Nero”. I used to quite like these when they very first started but now they just irritate me. Enough is enough with it now.

Offline DouglasReynholm

The RSPCA ad telling me not to step on snails. Stick to protecting animals that matter FFS.

Online Ghost89

The RSPCA ad telling me not to step on snails. Stick to protecting animals that matter FFS.

Personal experience with the RSPCA I can tell you that they’re not quite as caring as they say they are. I once found a dog that had been tied to a lamppost and left and was in distress. When I rang them they refused to come out to collect it. When I stated it needed help they just said to me to take it home myself. I couldn’t do that so in the end took it to a local vet who kindly looked after it. They wouldn’t even come out to see if it was chipped. Terrible they were.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Personal experience with the RSPCA I can tell you that they’re not quite as caring as they say they are. I once found a dog that had been tied to a lamppost and left and was in distress. When I rang them they refused to come out to collect it. When I stated it needed help they just said to me to take it home myself. I couldn’t do that so in the end took it to a local vet who kindly looked after it. They wouldn’t even come out to see if it was chipped. Terrible they were.
That was my experience with an injured cat when I contacted them, basically take it to a vet yourself  :thumbsdown:

Someone at work when I told them what happened said they are fucking useless and only interested in the "Big" stories like a seal washed up on a popular beach etc where they can get the TV cameras and press down to document it and then say to the whole world "Look how amazing we are, give us a donation"  :thumbsdown:

Offline MissWolf

• Service Provider
The new andrex advert 'get comfortable' where the woman farts in the office  then takes her own loo roll off her shelf and gets up to walk to the loo, picks up some great big book and does the slow walk, stops at the loo door, snifs the loo roll defiantly and looks around to see the whole office watching her go in.

Absolutely fucking ridiculous advert with some stupid tag line of 40 something % of us are not comfortable taking a poo at work  :dash: :dash:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 10:06:17 am by MissWolf »

Offline DouglasReynholm

40 something % of us are not comfortable taking a poo at work  :dash: :dash:
So you don't offer Hardsports then? Not something I'm into either.

It is shite and I hadn't seen it until now. And I wish I still hadn't. External Link/Members Only

I do wish service providers would post more here though.  :rose:

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
The new andrex advert 'get comfortable' where the woman farts in the office  then takes her own loo roll off her shelf and gets up to walk to the loo, picks up some great big book and does the slow walk, stops at the loo door, snifs the loo roll defiantly and looks around to see the whole office watching her go in.

Absolutely fucking ridiculous advert with some stupid tag line of 40 something % of us are not comfortable taking a poo at work  :dash: :dash:
It's done it's job, the name is on your mind now.  :D

Offline MissWolf

• Service Provider
It's done it's job, the name is on your mind now.  :D

If it hadn't been for the puppy under her desk I'd have been none the wiser, now that's marketing for you  :lol:  :lol:

Offline MissWolf

• Service Provider
So you don't offer Hardsports then? Not something I'm into either.

It is shite and I hadn't seen it until now. And I wish I still hadn't. External Link/Members Only

I do wish service providers would post more here though.  :rose:

Ummmmmm no no no no no and nooooooooooo

I shall endeavour to post there possible  :hi:

Online myothernameis

I think the new McDonald's advert (the one that features two solid minutes of humming with a half chewed Big Mac in some blokes mouth) has leapt to the top spot of current most annoying ad.

The latest Burger King adverts

Online sparkus

The Curry's advert with the owl neck woman. Disturbing.

Online mr.bluesky

The Curry's advert with the owl neck woman. Disturbing.

All the last few Curry's adverts have been totally naff, from the bearded staff and the eating of paper to gain knowledge. I don't know who their advertising agency is but they need to sack them.
The latest Santander advert with the two Geordie dwarfs are still anoying

Offline DouglasReynholm

I like the new currys advert - it's for Patak's sauces.

I'm a bit tired today.

Offline hornypunter

I hate all the begging charity adverts. 

Offline Dave33ws6

The Macmillan adverts pretty much every advert break

Offline David1970

I hate all the begging charity adverts.
+1

Trying to guilt me into sending them money.

Offline Punterperson1971

+1

When people are struggling themselves as well hate that too

Online sparkus

+1

You donate to one, say the "just two pounds" they're asking for.
Then they follow up with letters, emails, even phone calls.
Then other charities atater hassling you too.

Not happened to me but a relative. They know what they're doing too as many old people appreciate someone to talk to.

Offline Blackpool Rock

When people are struggling themselves as well hate that too
There are companies that share or rather sell information on people to charities as they can't seem to help themselves and sign up to donate to pretty much everything they are asked to, I believe they are known as suckers lists  :thumbsdown:

Charity in itself is a great thing and does to an extent restore my faith in human nature that people are prepared to help those less fortunate than themselves and I also believe that those with the least are often more likely to donate a couple of quid so it's an even bigger part of their disposable money
However as you say targeting people who are themselves struggling seems pretty cynical especially as many of these charities have people at the top earning big money  :thumbsdown:
There used to be a guy where I worked over 25 years ago who apparently had dozens of monthly charity subscriptions being paid by direct debit despite him always being skint and in debt, that's where I heard someone talk about him being on a suckers list as he'd get begging letters on a weekly basis  :thumbsdown:

Oh and these fucking Chuggers  :diablo: I used to think the pretty young smiley girl asking for you to sign up to XYZ was doing it as voluntary work and was a really nice person but apparently they get around £50 for every mug who signs up so for them it's a job  :thumbsdown:
They still get the cash even if the person who signed up immediately cancels the DD so the charity actually lose money  :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 08:23:57 am by Blackpool Rock »

Offline Punterperson1971

I don’t like the chuggers too and also the ones who spot you actually walking on the other side of the road and they make a beeline for you waving their arms above their heads to catch your attention,also get them in shopping centres selling cheaper gas or electric and they sometimes stand in your way as your trying to get past :wacko:

Offline StingRay

I don’t like the chuggers too and also the ones who spot you actually walking on the other side of the road and they make a beeline for you waving their arms above their heads to catch your attention,also get them in shopping centres selling cheaper gas or electric and they sometimes stand in your way as your trying to get past :wacko:

Just walk straight through them if they block your path!

Even more annoying is when you get a team of them spaced out along the road, by the time I get to the 6th one my response is not especially pleasant!

Online sparkus

I had a mate who was a chugger and I once went out with him and "colleagues" after a session.

The team leader said that contrary to belief they don't have targets or quotas for sign ups per session. I said what if a team member repeatedly comes back to base with no sign ups then? Apparently they'd be sent for retraining.

When I said they're generally a menace and unpopular I was told that charities find them useful because of the human interaction rather than just TV appeals or magazine adverts. He said they wouldn't exist unless the demand was there  :sarcastic:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 11:20:53 am by sparkus »

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

On the odd occasion I see a chugger, I just get my phone out and pretend to talk. They soon turn their attentions elsewhere when they see that I’m on the phone.

Offline Punterperson1971

On the odd occasion I see a chugger, I just get my phone out and pretend to talk. They soon turn their attentions elsewhere when they see that I’m on the phone.
Sometimes a quiet “fuck off” works too or a sharp NO as well 😂😂😂
Depends how tired I am and wanting to get home
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 01:05:18 pm by Punterperson1971 »

Offline PilotMan

Sometimes a quiet “fuck off” works too or a sharp NO as well 😂😂😂
Depends how tired I am and wanting to get home

No need for any unpleasantness, just say no, how hard is it?

Rudeness says more about the person being rude, than the chugger.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator

i just say "no thank you" to whoever it is, chuggers, utility companies etc and walk on past. Those who are abusive would be the first to complain if they were subjected to that when trying to do their job.

As you say civility cost nothing.

Online mr.bluesky

Chuggers bug me too but like you say no need to be rude to them, I just totally  blank them
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 05:09:51 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline StingRay

Chuggers bug me too but like you say no need to be rude to them, I just totally  blank them

True, but how many times can you do this if an ignorant f*cker steps in front of you for the 6th time, waving his arms and deliberatley blocking your path? The first one gets a polite "no thank you", maybe the second too, ignore the next one or two but then I'm getting pissed off!

Offline PilotMan

True, but how many times can you do this if an ignorant f*cker steps in front of you for the 6th time, waving his arms and deliberatley blocking your path? The first one gets a polite "no thank you", maybe the second too, ignore the next one or two but then I'm getting pissed off!

You can always say, "sorry, I'm not allowed, I'm on medication", that will either confuse them or scare them  :lol:

Offline Private Parts

The ability to say “no”
Is akin to those who are prepared to walk.
Just takes balls
 :hi:
« Last Edit: Today at 05:03:41 am by Private Parts »

Online WARSZAWA16

The one for Wren Kitchens. That woman's voice - aargh!  :mad:

Offline PilotMan

I'm getting fed up with the Arnold Clark adverts on C4 Streaming - enough is enough :angry:

Offline Count Duckula

no real love for the central RSPCA but... They are not able to take in strays. its your local council (or whoever they have farmed it out to) responsibility and there is a legal requirement behind it. basically a dog is a possession and the only way to legally transfer the possession is via the council or their appointed body after 7 days have passed from them taking the dog in.

the local rehoming centres you see are separate from the central RSPCA and are separate charities. sometime inspectors are based there but other than that they get fuck all from the central org.

Offline Dickled

I loathe and abominate that crass and infantile McDonalds advert featuring one fucking idiot warbling inanely to a Puccini tune, while another fucking idiot is moved to tears by his performance.

Online myothernameis

The Graze nuts advert, and its the one where the female hair talk back