Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Text from ContactGC  (Read 1294 times)

Offline OutForJustice80

I got a text this morning saying I may have come into contact with an STD and giving me contact details for Dean Street.

Has anyone had one of these or is this spam? I assume a WG I've seen has had a test, come back positive and all her clients have been contacted but I thought I'd check I'm not being scammed.

fredpunter

Why would dean Street try and scam you?

I've heard from someone else today that they have got a similar text .... almost certainly genuine.

Offline OutForJustice80

Why would dean Street try and scam you?

I've heard from someone else today that they have got a similar text .... almost certainly genuine.
There are plenty of people who will text you trying to get you to ring a number. I have no evidence the message came from dean street but I think you're probably right. Was just checking for certainty.

fredpunter

There are plenty of people who will text you trying to get you to ring a number. I have no evidence the message came from dean street but I think you're probably right. Was just checking for certainty.

Was it a dodgy looking number? Premium rate? It's pretty easy to find dean streets actual phone number and compare.  Actually the last 4 digits of their number are ironic considering the nature of their business.

Offline MilleMiglia

I've no knowledge of how this particular clinic works, but I'd treat this one with caution. My suggestion is that you call the clinic on their advertised landline number.

Mendra

That text is a phone phish.  Nevertheless you should get checked regularly to reduce the risk you, me, other punters and especially those lovely ladies at providing these magnificent services and least I forget your OH.

fredpunter

Have you got the slightest evidence to support the statement that it's a phish?

Offline Corus Boy

I have no idea how a GUM clinic functions when they return a positive test, except in that many, many years ago an ex girlfriend had returned a positie test and they asked her to contact all her sexual partners from recent years to come in for tests.  She did, I attended and was negative.

Could it be that if she didn't want to do that, would/could the GUM clinic collect data from her and pursue the matter?

I'd check the number on the Internet;

whocallsme.com

Possible post it here.

I'd get checked out via my usual GUM clinic.

Phone the alleged clinic and ask if the do send texts out, if they do, how did they get your number?

fredpunter

If they suspect you have an infection the GUM clinic will offer to contact your previous partners if you don't want to - fact.

Almost certainly this will be via text in many cases as a phone number is the only contact details you will be able to provide.

The person who I referred to earlier who had also received a similar text has received several over the years - she is a wg and it's an occupational hazard. Rather than fuck about wondering if it was genuine (cos presumably she knew it was) she was tested and found negative within a few hours of receiving it.

As mentioned earlier - it's easy to check the phone number on the text and see if it's genuine - I saw the text the wg received and it contained the same phone number as you will find for Dean street if you google it. 

You will note I use phrases like "almost certainly" and "I suspect". This is because unlike many posters on the internet I do not present my suspicions and opinions as if they were hard and fast facts!     

The op could of course remove any doubt as to whether his particular text was genuine or not but seems to have lost interest.

Offline OutForJustice80

Sorry, didn't mean to leave anyone on tenterhooks. Text was genuine, obviously I have no idea who it originally had to do with. I am fine. All clear.

Victory dances for all.

Mendra

Viola! Thanks for alerting us all the same.

Stay safe chaps! Check in more often :)