Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: another warning to be careful with personal info  (Read 1755 times)

cjkany2015

I am a previous poster here under another name. NIK okayed the new account in this circumstance.

I am quite discrete but a hooker pieced together a lot of very small facts parisb style to find my LinkedIn and from there my home address. I don't trust this girl at all so in a bad spot now.

Yes I'm a twat but I'm frankly amazed she connected the dots via forum posts etc.

Be careful as there are so many banana skins out there nowadays.

Rochdull lad

Sorry to read that ywp; but it's yet another warning to us punters in particular to be very careful about "social networking" sites.

They're somewhere I'd never visit.  If you feel you really have to, for goodness sake be extremely cautious about what you say about yourself and check your "Privacy settings".

vorian

I am a previous poster here under another name. NIK okayed the new account in this circumstance.

I am quite discrete but a hooker pieced together a lot of very small facts parisb style to find my LinkedIn and from there my home address. I don't trust this girl at all so in a bad spot now.

Yes I'm a twat but I'm frankly amazed she connected the dots via forum posts etc.

Amazed that the prossy put the time and effort in to find out about you, seems a stalker type behaviour normally done by nutters, is she trying to blackmail you with this information I can't see what else she would get out of knowing who you are.

Panda Power

And if she's read this post she's probably figured out who were before?

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
And if she's read this post she's probably figured out who were before?

Agreed. Although she may have to to dig deep, but then again she did that previously and found him.. If I were the OP, I'd ask Admin to delete this thread??

vorian

Agreed. Although she may have to to dig deep, but then again she did that previously and found him.. If I were the OP, I'd ask Admin to delete this thread??

Good point CT, she sounds like a complete loony or she is trying to blackmail him. Not good either way

Offline cunnyhunt

Agreed, why make yourself known again with more information that confirms the previous trace ?

I can only think she is one of the ugly fat ones with a dusty phone and plenty of time on her hands to do a trace. Or the OP pissed her off in some way.

Offline Daffodil

Agreed. To be honest, it's great that you break cover to offer this advice, but I don't think it's needed at the moment. We already have a number of threads highlighting this.

I'm not saying it's not worth reporting in general, but when you have genuine worries about your own anonymity I think you should look after yourself first  :drinks:

cjkany2015

I thought about the risk but I don't think she's reading every thread on UKP or is overly malicious. It was more to show off how clever she was though she is a bit unhinged.

If admin is happy he can delete this but I believe i've cut the ties now. I also live alone so don't have lots to lose really if she turned up. Just freaked me out and is leading me to take lots of new precautions now! As insurance against future nutcases.

vorian

I thought about the risk but I don't think she's reading every thread on UKP or is overly malicious. It was more to show off how clever she was though she is a bit unhinged.

If admin is happy he can delete this but I believe i've cut the ties now. I also live alone so don't have lots to lose really if she turned up. Just freaked me out and is leading me to take lots of new precautions now! As insurance against future nutcases.

She certainly sounds unhinged thats for sure.

Offline Daffodil

Well that's good. Would be a shame to lose a punter because of some fucked up prossie. Good to have you back, whoever you are  :drinks:

Offline Urban_G

I guess cases like this are few and far between, but still it's a good word of warning, especially for those of us with partners.
Like wg's we need to hide our real identities when visiting them, as I'm sure we all already do.

Thanks for the warning YWP :thumbsup: