Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: AdultWork Refunds!  (Read 2298 times)

Online Sparky6996

I just logged on to AW and noticed I've been refunded VAT for webcam sessions :)

Offline anonyorks

I just logged on to AW and noticed I've been refunded VAT for webcam sessions :)

Yeah and me.

Offline mh

Perhaps they just felt sorry for anyone who had paid for a webcam session...  :sarcastic:

sirlargerone

is this a joke? i noticed this too and wonder if it will disappear overnight!!!

Offline dubs

Can you cash it in though for the full amount, or do you have to use it as AW credits?

sirlargerone

dont think you can cash it in , i tried so i guess you have to use it  :dash: :dash:

Offline CatBBW

• Service Provider
It is the refund of the VAT you paid on cam/phone sessions, as AW have taken legal advice and now know that they cannot charge VAT on certain services.

External Link/Members Only

sirlargerone

thanks for clearing that , so how do we get the money back or do we just use this refund as credits?

Offline CatBBW

• Service Provider
thanks for clearing that , so how do we get the money back or do we just use this refund as credits?

I think it might be that you have to use as creds, as they are from creds purchased and they don't usually refund those. AFAIK

Redhead Lover

It is the refund of the VAT you paid on cam/phone sessions, as AW have taken legal advice and now know that they cannot charge VAT on certain services.

External Link/Members Only

VAT can only be charged to a luxury item, so jerking off to a whore via a webcam is no longer a luxury!  Finally, the government get it right!

Offline CatBBW

• Service Provider
VAT can only be charged to a luxury item, so jerking off to a whore via a webcam is no longer a luxury!  Finally, the government get it right!

Ha...no it's the EU and it's something to do with "live digital services".

I must say, the U-turn and the refunds have kicked AW sales into life again!

greychap

Ha...no it's the EU and it's something to do with "live digital services".

I must say, the U-turn and the refunds have kicked AW sales into life again!

Surely they would have known they cant take it in the first place and if not then they seem even more dodgy then ever, might have refunded people because they getting enough money off less people buying them cos of the VAT. One things for sure they not very trustworthy and I would not trust my details with them especially after hearing they have given people verifying details to wrong profiles back....fucking bunch of cowboys running things.

Offline CatBBW

• Service Provider
Surely they would have known they cant take it in the first place and if not then they seem even more dodgy then ever, might have refunded people because they getting enough money off less people buying them cos of the VAT. One things for sure they not very trustworthy and I would not trust my details with them especially after hearing they have given people verifying details to wrong profiles back....fucking bunch of cowboys running things.

They were receiving incorrect info and believed that live chat/cam fell under the "on demand" digital services such as downloads etc. A lot of ladies fought against this and got HMRC (among others) behind the backlash.

Offline Anadin

Ah this explains it, very interesting and nice to get a bit of money back.

Ben4454

I just was refunded £13.00.

I had a go at the cam sessions as I was slating it without trying it first and it wasn't for me.

A lot of girls charge £3 a minute at the least. Spending 15 minutes with her and you're pretty much 30% towards a punt. Doesn't seem worth it. Don't quote me though my maths are bad.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:56:15 pm by Ben4454 »