Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2023-24 Football season  (Read 42260 times)

Online webpunter

Zee Germans aint happy with Nike either
External Link/Members Only
The German FA have binned out Adidas with Nike doubling the €50m sponsorship to €100m
Good luck to the kuntz dumping the 3 stripes
Sure a bit of gamesmanship & Adidas will be back in play with an improved offer after a fans backlash & political pressure
I expect Nike GmbH to be having a tax & vat inspection pretty soon
Someone in the german govt will be onto their tax equivalent telling them to go see Nike & not to even consider leaving until they've found something

Online WARSZAWA16

Online webpunter

For the fans travelling to germany maybe pack one of these
It would be good to see a Lancaster with a few Spitfires in formation

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline nwluvit

For the fans travelling to germany maybe pack one of these
It would be good to see a Lancaster with a few Spitfires in formation

Now now I thought we had left that all behind us once we had established that Hitler only had one ball!!

Online mr.bluesky

Now now I thought we had left that all behind us once we had established that Hitler only had one ball!!

Don't mention the war  :dash: I mentioned it once but think I got away with it  :D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 01:54:38 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline StingRay

I think Eva disagreed with that!

Online mr.bluesky

Nike calling the shots again by the looks of it. Why the fuck are we wearing the dull blue away/ change kit instead of our (controversial) white kit. Belgium in their change colours too  :dash: the England change kit looks shit.

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

Nike calling the shots again by the looks of it. Why the fuck are we wearing the dull blue away/ change kit instead of our (controversial) white kit. Belgium in their change colours too  :dash: the England change kit looks shit.

Nike don’t make those calls, it’s down to the individual associations.

Online mr.bluesky

Nike don’t make those calls, it’s down to the individual associations.

I bet they've had some say in it as part of their kit sponsorship deal  :unknown:

I bet they've had some say in it as part of their kit sponsorship deal  :unknown:

It’s unlikely. It’s more about the marketing suits in the FA wanting to showcase a new shirt and generate more sales which fills their coffers and of course by association Nike’s coffers too. Once a kit deal has been signed the kit manufacturer has no say in when it gets worn in what games.

Online mr.bluesky

It’s unlikely. It’s more about the marketing suits in the FA wanting to showcase a new shirt and generate more sales which fills their coffers and of course by association Nike’s coffers too. Once a kit deal has been signed the kit manufacturer has no say in when it gets worn in what games.

I'm only surprised they haven't bought out a 3rd kit as most ( if not all) club sides have one . Perhaps that will come out closer to the Euros.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 08:11:45 pm by mr.bluesky »

I'm only surprised they haven't bought out a 3rd kit as most ( if not all) club sides have one . Perhaps that will come out closer to the Euros.

Give them time, the two latest kits were only released last week!

Online mr.bluesky

So England salvage a late draw against Belgium.  What I would like to know is how come Phil Foden is so brilliant for Man City but so crap for England  :unknown:
All he seems to do is fall over a lot, for a minute I thought I was watching Jack Grealish.  :D

Offline WASA38

Poor old Wales. Sad way to go out; 5-4 on penalties.

I watched the extra time and penalties on S4C complete with Welsh language commentary. It seemed to make more sense than the dross served up by the muppets on BBC, ITV and now Channel 4.

Online webpunter

Sheeeerah made his debut for Southampton 36 years years ago [& a day] - time flies
This is why he is the Prem's top goal scorer: 
He scored some bangers & crucial goals for England too
I cant see his record being beaten anytime soon with Arry's departure
How much would Shearer be worth today as a 17 year old ?
I'm not talking silly saudi money, europe etc
& he goes to matches with the toon army
Respec  :hi:

I watched a programme on Sky Sports last night where former PL rivals were discussing the games that made their rivalries. They had, for example Thierry Henry and Gary Neville discussing the Arsenal Manchester United games from the late 90’s.

They also had one about Shearer and Gullit, centred around that game where Gullit dropped Shearer and Duncan Ferguson. You can see how angry and bewildered Shearer was by Gullit’s decision. What really surprised me is that they are both now good friends and go drinking and play golf together so respect to Shearer for not bearing a grudge.

Whatever the rights and wrongs Gullit was paid to make decisions and he got this one wrong and left days later.

He’s still one of my all time favourite players though, what he could do with a ball was mesmerising and that Dutch team that won the 1988 Euros were special.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Whatever the rights and wrongs Gullit was paid to make decisions and he got this one wrong and left days later.
The thing is the decision he made was not a football one, he had an issue with Shearer and was attempting to stamp his authority and show who was boss, he couldn't deal with the standing Shearer had at the club, decent managers work with players like that and get them onside like Eddie How has done.

Giving Rob Lee's number 7 shirt to Kieron Dyer and banishing him from the first team squad then dropping Shearer and Duncan Ferguson against Sunderland was never going to end well for him, when he arrived he promised 'sexy football' what he delivered was more like 'grab a granny'.

Offline Blackpool Rock

The thing is the decision he made was not a football one, he had an issue with Shearer and was attempting to stamp his authority and show who was boss, he couldn't deal with the standing Shearer had at the club, decent managers work with players like that and get them onside like Eddie How has done.

Giving Rob Lee's number 7 shirt to Kieron Dyer and banishing him from the first team squad then dropping Shearer and Duncan Ferguson against Sunderland was never going to end well for him, when he arrived he promised 'sexy football' what he delivered was more like 'grab a granny'.
Exactly that

Shearer was captain and looked up to by probably all of the players including the younger ones who need a good role model to try and emulate.
The right way to manage things would have been to bring Shearer close and use his connection with the players to "have a word with XYZ on the quiet and see what the problem is etc"

Why waste the best talent and opportunities you have  :unknown: Anyway the rest is history and the decision was swift  :D

Online mr.bluesky

Exactly that

Shearer was captain and looked up to by probably all of the players including the younger ones who need a good role model to try and emulate.
The right way to manage things would have been to bring Shearer close and use his connection with the players to "have a word with XYZ on the quiet and see what the problem is etc"

Why waste the best talent and opportunities you have  :unknown: Anyway the rest is history and the decision was swift  :D

It's a bit like When Gary Lineker played for Barcelona.  Manager Cruyff played him out on the wing instead of a central striker . I could never understand why Kane used to take the corner kicks for England, you want him in the box getting on the end of crosses.  :unknown:

Online webpunter

"DRAW & QUARTERED Scandal as Champions League hopefuls play out ‘fixed’ draw before boss is SACKED, captains banned and every player fined

the two teams stopped playing after Bryan Heynen equalised for Genk in the 86th minute.

Despite having an extra man following a Genk red card, Westerlo passed the ball amongst themselves as both teams were happy to see the game out with the score level.

One Genk player even decided to undergo fitness exercises and players shook hands before the full-time whistle instead of trying to go for the win.

That is because Westerlo needed just a point to escape relegation, while Genk only needed one point to finish sixth and secure qualification for the Championship round"

:lol: :lol:

Offline chrishornx

this chap Tonali looks in a lot of trouble over betting irregularities

Offline radioman33

Doubt it,already admitted he’s got a gambling addiction,the current ban is for the Italian bets,depends on how the F.A see his addiction.

Online webpunter

How long has it taken the blazers @ the FA to charge him ?  :rolleyes:
Once the eyeties banned him they should have been straight on it
The FA & Southgate bollox on about mental wellbeing blah blah
& then do the exact opposite leaving him dangling by a thread for as long as possible
The FA will be hoping that Tonali will divert attention away from them deciding what the english flag should look like
Nope, another reminder what a bunch of useless self centered cunts they are

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
He's facing FA misconduct charges for breaching betting rules, these took place after he signed for Newcastle but before he was questioned and then banned in Italy.

There's nothing to suggest he has done anything wrong since being banned.

Club statement. -

Newcastle United acknowledges a misconduct charge received by Sandro Tonali in respect of alleged breaches of FA Betting Rules.

Sandro continues to fully comply with relevant investigations and he retains the club's full support.

Due to this ongoing process, Sandro and Newcastle United are unable to offer further comment at this time

Online timsussex

How long has it taken the blazers @ the FA to charge him ?  :rolleyes:
Once the eyeties banned him they should have been straight on it
The FA & Southgate bollox on about mental wellbeing blah blah
& then do the exact opposite leaving him dangling by a thread for as long as possible
The FA will be hoping that Tonali will divert attention away from them deciding what the english flag should look like
Nope, another reminder what a bunch of useless self centered cunts they are

It was a racing certainty that he had gambled during the 2 months he was playing for Newcastle. So why has it taken this long ?
Surely he should have been interviewed immediately after the Italian ban - unless he was and was stupid enough to deny it
As these are separate acts and not covered by the Italian action I would have thought a further ban was inevitable.

Online mr.bluesky

Didn't do Ivan Toney 's career any harm as he's now back in the England team and possibly a big money move
 (probably Wankchester Utd) at the end of the season  :unknown:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 05:09:48 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline chrishornx

He's facing FA misconduct charges for breaching betting rules, these took place after he signed for Newcastle but before he was questioned and then banned in Italy.

There's nothing to suggest he has done anything wrong since being banned.

Club statement. -

yep doesn't look as though he has done anything wrong since being banned by the Italians but these are fresh allegations not the same one that the Italians banned him for, aren't they?

sad to see players on such high wages doing such silly things , just like Toney. It makes no sense

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
yep doesn't look as though he has done anything wrong since being banned by the Italians but these are fresh allegations not the same one that the Italians banned him for, aren't they?

sad to see players on such high wages doing such silly things , just like Toney. It makes no sense
The charges relate to betting before he was interviewed by the Italians so before his gambling addiction came to light, the fact it was after he signed for us is irrelevant, the important thing is after it all came to light he has got the help and support he needed and is getting over the addiction.

Does any addiction make sense?

Online mr.bluesky

I think with footballers it's more to do with passing on insider information to others so they profit from bets. Even things like time of first throw in etc. Quite often you would see the ball kicked into touch straight from the kick off.

Online WARSZAWA16

Oh dear!  :drinks:
Euro 2024: German beer strength warning for British fans".

Offline StingRay

I think with footballers it's more to do with passing on insider information to others so they profit from bets. Even things like time of first throw in etc. Quite often you would see the ball kicked into touch straight from the kick off.

I think that would have been a Chilwell attempted shot on goal!  :hi:

Online mr.bluesky

:D last seen approaching sub space orbit.

Online webpunter

On TalkSport one of the presenters commented that the goal could be three times as wide & three times as high & that he'd still miss

Offline Blackpool Rock

:D last seen approaching sub space orbit.
At 1 point the ball was closer to the international space station than the goal  :D

Online mr.bluesky

At 1 point the ball was closer to the international space station than the goal  :D

:lol:  :thumbsup:

Online timsussex

The charges relate to betting before he was interviewed by the Italians so before his gambling addiction came to light, the fact it was after he signed for us is irrelevant, the important thing is after it all came to light he has got the help and support he needed and is getting over the addiction.

Does any addiction make sense?

My initial thought was surely the FA asked him when the Italian case came about if he had gambled in England in the previous 2 months? Seems strange to charge him now

But then I thought after he admitted gambling in Italy surely someone at Newcastle must have asked him about the 2 months since he signed ? so either
1) no-one asked - I cant believe Newcastle would be that stupid/naive
2) He lied to Newcastle ?
3) Newcastle knew about it in October so did they inform the FA  then ? Not sure what the FA rules are but in cricket its an offence not to disclose

Now if 3) and I was in the FA I would offer Tonali a deal if he named the people in Newcastle that knew

Of course we will probably never know but as someone elsewhere pointed out perhaps Newcastle need to borrow Ashley's lawyers  :thumbsdown:

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
My initial thought was surely the FA asked him when the Italian case came about if he had gambled in England in the previous 2 months? Seems strange to charge him now

But then I thought after he admitted gambling in Italy surely someone at Newcastle must have asked him about the 2 months since he signed ? so either
1) no-one asked - I cant believe Newcastle would be that stupid/naive
2) He lied to Newcastle ?
3) Newcastle knew about it in October so did they inform the FA  then ? Not sure what the FA rules are but in cricket its an offence not to disclose

Now if 3) and I was in the FA I would offer Tonali a deal if he named the people in Newcastle that knew

Of course we will probably never know but as someone elsewhere pointed out perhaps Newcastle need to borrow Ashley's lawyers  :thumbsdown:
When he was gambling in England nobody knew about it, nobody knew he had a gambling addiction. It didn't come to light until the Italian FA investigated, charged him and banned him. He cooperated fully with the authorities in Italy and has/is cooperating with any investigations in this country.

Apart from that I prefer not to speculate, all that is known at the minute is the betting offences investigated by the FA took place before he was banned, he has cooperated fully with all investigations, he has the full backing and support of Newcastle and is still training with the first team.

By the very nature of an addiction addicts are very adept at keeping it hidden.

Offline Thephoenix

According to today's MSM, Alonso has decided to stay at Bayer Leverkusen.
That's a huge disappointment for many Liverpool fans.

That leaves Sport Lisbon manager Ruben Amorim as the leading contender, alongside Brighton's Roberto De Zerbi.

Klopp will be a hell of a hard act to follow.

Offline lostandfound

That leaves Sport Lisbon manager Ruben Amorim as the leading contender, alongside Brighton's Roberto De Zerbi.

If true I don't blame him - pressure and weight of expectation would have been unbearable. Crushed Klopp and he was very experienced when he took the job.

Klopp often refers to his Liverpool team as mentality monsters, IMO it's more the case that Klopp is a motivation monster who gets his players to overachieve on a consistent basis. This is why FSG love Klopp - they don't have the money to spend like those teams "backed by a country" but Klopp / Edwards allowed them to compete.

IMO that overachieving is also why ex Pool players like Mane and Wijnaldum flopped - in athletic terms they were prematurely aged by the physical demands of playing for Klopp.

Offline Blackpool Rock

How long until someone mentions Gerrard in the picture again  :D

Offline radioman33

Leicester are totally bottling it now,another loss.They could be in the playoffs if Ipswich win later today  :D ( odds in February 1/50 for promotion),I think they were 10 points clear then.

Online mr.bluesky

Leicester are totally bottling it now,another loss.They could be in the playoffs if Ipswich win later today  :D ( odds in February 1/50 for promotion),I think they were 10 points clear then.

Points deduction and FFP breaches playing on their minds  :unknown:

Offline sir wanksalot

Glad Internationals week is over.

When I was a kid I used to love international football-now it feels like a f*cking inconvenience in the footballing calendar

Online mr.bluesky

Pretty sure at one stage it was more than that, about 15+ or more. The slump started to set in when my Sky Blues beat them   :P
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 06:14:03 pm by mr.bluesky »

Online mr.bluesky

Glad Internationals week is over.

When I was a kid I used to love international football-now it feels like a f*cking inconvenience in the footballing calendar

I seem to remember a time when most international games were played at the end of the league season like the Home internationals tournament.

Online webpunter

Pretty sure at one stage it was more than that, about 15+ or more. The slump started to set in when my Sky Blues beat them   :P

After the start of season wobble @ Leeds with players leaving it took time for Farke to steady the ship  :hi:
Add in Leicester on an extended winning streak they were 17 points ahead
A top effort by Cov to give Leicester a bad start to 2024
Boro beat them home & away, the same with Leeds
Tho Leeds very lucky that a Leicester 2nd when 1-0 up was incorrectly ruled out, at 2-0 getting deeper into the 2nd half & game over

When they won the Prem Leicester were many fans 2nd team, they were mine
What a strike by Vardy helping them along the way
& Spurs blew their only chance to win the Prem with the other top teams amazingly misfiring in the same season   :lol:

How things change being relegated & breaching FFP
Cheating fuckers & i really hope they dont get promoted
& Vardy could be still on the drip wedging up Wazza so might need the money
The Lawyers will be busying themselves getting ready on damages claims if Leicester do get promoted

Online toon972

Apparently Tonali was betting on the Newcastle games. It was never to lose though, whether this is good or bad for him is another dilemma.