Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Mystery sauna on Leith Walk; has any one been there?  (Read 2170 times)

Offline edinburgh

there is one sauna I have known its existence for ages and never been and in fact never heard of anyone mention it. the one near the top of LW next to what used be  Pricilla pub (sadly missed by locals in track suits but doing good business with poncy crowd as Black Fox now). I think it is call No.14 or something like that. I have seen some punters go in and out. In business, for sure. Has any one inside? what is the service like? why no one mentions it in here?
Banned reason: If you don't like the site then fuck off
Banned by:

Offline Cactus

Number 18, I had walked past it loads & wondered what the craic was, so googled it.

External Link/Members Only

I think you should TOFTT mate... remember the KY though!  :thumbsup:

Offline edinburgh

I see, so that is it then, a gay sauna. that's why. but then, "disturbance" and "ambulance" "later died", this is real Leith. Typical Leith.   Forget Trainspotting 2.  I hope they keep resisting gentrification just like that.  Then again, do you know what really happened?  was the man battered to death inside? in that case, it is amazing that sauna is still in business, typical Leith
Banned by:

Offline Cactus

It was the only link that came up that wasn't some sort of gay sex forum, thought it proved what the sauna was though.

Offline willie loman

I see, so that is it then, a gay sauna. that's why. but then, "disturbance" and "ambulance" "later died", this is real Leith. Typical Leith.   Forget Trainspotting 2.  I hope they keep resisting gentrification just like that.  Then again, do you know what really happened?  was the man battered to death inside? in that case, it is amazing that sauna is still in business, typical Leith

When folk die in Saunas, it is usually a heart attacked brought on through sexual activity. There was a case in scorpio a couple of years back. Before no 18 was a gay sauna, it was a hetero sauna, run by a well known gangster/police informer,  who was jailed for drug offenses, then was strangely transferred to an open prison, from whence he absconded and was found dead in a London hotel. A film was made based on his life, by his nephew, an old fettesian, called "paradise sauna" or something similar. They filmed it in st Stephen st a few years back. The gangster lived in some style down in a large house in trinity, the original drug case hit the headlines, cos a customs officer was drowned boarding the boat involved.

Offline edinburgh

That is an intriguing story... I tried to find it on google but no, what is the title of the film again? and was no 18 any good when it was hetero?
Banned by:

Offline willie loman

That is an intriguing story... I tried to find it on google but no, what is the title of the film again? and was no 18 any good when it was hetero?

I think the film was " birds of paradise", it went straight to dvd, you can probably find it on amazon. The owner, used to have second hand shops on Leith walk. I imagine it was a bit of a dump like carols or scorpios, there is a tendency on this forum, to depict the past as the golden age of punting, but the reality is that in the past most of the wgs were single mothers from lasswade etc. Oddly enough my ex cleaner worked at no 18, as a wg, she is now 60.

Offline TKovac

Banned reason: Excessive abuse to helpful member, ignored repeated requests to apologise
Banned by: daviemac

Offline foreverchanges

there is a tendency on this forum, to depict the past as the golden age of punting,

Who could you be referring to?  :D :hi: