Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: What is the Ratio Punter to Pro$$ie ?  (Read 1960 times)

Jim Panzee

What is the Ratio Punter to Pro$$ie ?

Or is it one of those questions that's Impossible to answer ?

Offline nigel4498

Jim Panzee

One to one I guess  :D

If theres more of them than us we should start a price revolution. :D

Oldstager

If that were true very few prossies would make a living.  I would suggest that most prossies need at least 5 meetings per week to survive, so even if every punter punted at least once a fortnight there would need to be 10 times as many punters as prossies. In actual fact the ratio is probably quite a lot higher

Offline threechilliman

Read somewhere that 10% of the eligible male population (20m) punt. So, 2m of us, roughly. Anyone know the number of WG's in the UK? Divide the 2m by that....

tcm

Offline smiths

Who knows, no one knows the definite answer to this. IMO there must be many more punters than WGs.

domino131

Very hard to determine for sure as it's not like there's any official register, and even on anonymous surveys people may still lie about either visiting a prostitute or being one.

Offline smiths

Very hard to determine for sure as it's not like there's any official register, and even on anonymous surveys people may still lie about either visiting a prostitute or being one.

Indeed, plus how many real punters would wish to get involved in a so called anonymous survey, i certainly wouldnt.

Offline Jeff_withpetersen

I thought it was that 10% of men 'allegedly' had paid for sex at some point in their lives, even if only once. I very much doubt that at any one time, 10% of all men are involved in the scene.

Offline mattylondon

Perhaps a higher ratio if they enjoy a good spit roast or gang bang.  :cool:

dilettante

Einstein expressed it as the square mean of the average salary divided by the ratio of married men to unmarried women as a coefficient of the number of married men who get it less than once per week  :D

Oldstager

That wasn`t Einstein, it was Pythagorus, who invented the equation to explain why his bath overflowed.

He also discovered the correct method of calculating the extent by which a penis increased in size on erection when he had a wank in the bath, his slave mopped up the overflow, and when he wrung out the mop into a bucket old Py measured it.

pokenn

Must be more punters than WGs or they would never make a living. How many guys punt more than once a week on a regular basis?

But impossible to know any exact numbers.

Offline wristjob

I punt maybe once a week nowadays, maybe miss a few weeks. Most girls I see probably see 5-10 guys a day when they are working. Some girls are fiends, some probably have silly rates, dusty phones and are happy at 2 £150 bookings a month to top things off. My guess though 10:1 punters:WGs ?

Offline YouOnlyLiveOnce

Read somewhere that 10% of the eligible male population (20m) punt. So, 2m of us, roughly. Anyone know the number of WG's in the UK? Divide the 2m by that....

tcm

About 80,000 prostitutes in the UK (estimated, of course).

Offline threechilliman

About 80,000 prostitutes in the UK (estimated, of course).

25 to 1 then. If we all punt twice a month on average, then each girl has about 50/month, say 13 a week.

Probably not far short of the truth......

tcm

Offline threechilliman

I punt maybe once a week nowadays, maybe miss a few weeks. Most girls I see probably see 5-10 guys a day when they are working. Some girls are fiends, some probably have silly rates, dusty phones and are happy at 2 £150 bookings a month to top things off. My guess though 10:1 punters:WGs ?

Parlour girls might see 10 a day, but I doubt indies do - 5 at the most. And that's if their diaries are full......

tcm

Offline smiths

Makes me laugh. All these figures given are pure guesswork, the fact is NO ONE knows how many punters or WGs there are. Many punters punt in secret as i did for over the first 20 years of my punting not knowing another punter or sites like this.

Offline jammiedodger1

heavily dependant i would've thought on the girls reputation, i can see a popular well reviewed girl seeing 5 or 6 a day but a poorly reviewed one with hidden feedback and suspicious pictures? i don't think many of us are that daft

bobbles1945

There is an interesting discussion of all these issues in a Home Office published research paper (Tackling the demand for prostitution:
A rapid evidence assessment of the published research literature-available here
External Link/Members Only

The conclusion is that the social survey estimates (based on the proportion of men who admit in surveys that they have used prostitutes-and the calculative methods-based on the estimate of the number of prostitutes there are and the number of clients they must see) are at variance. As the report notes (p 3)

"Estimates derived from surveys are lower than those derived
from the numbers of prostitutes and sex transactions. This may
be a consequence of the weaknesses of survey methodology
when applied to this topic. ........ the NATSAL findings suggest a client
population of 175,380, each of whom would need to pay
for sex every single day of the year to account for the total
estimated number of sexual transactions estimated through
calculative methods; clearly, both estimates cannot be accurate."

Now I know some of you are doing your best..and some would like to do it every day...

As an aside-suppose for the sake of argument that there were about 80,000 prostitutes in the UK-and that the average length of working life was five years-and suppose the average starting age was 20 and the life expectancy was 75 , then the number of ex-prostitutes in the UK would be 800,000 -quite a thought.

Offline jammiedodger1

if the figure of 64,000,000 transactions a year in that report is anywhere near accurate accurate that suggests a much more likely figure of most girls seeing around 2 clients a day on average