Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2024 Rugby Union 6 nations tournament.  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Wales and France are doingh battle 3 up to wales allready!..

Offline mr.bluesky

I've long thought that the drop goal is seriously  underused in modern Rugby.

Used more often in Rugby League and you only get 1 point for it.

Offline mr.bluesky

I don't think Jock Van Der McMerwe actually has Scottish ancestry.
Wasn't it something to do with studying at university for 3 years and claiming that as a residency qualification, whatever that means.
That's stretching things a bit.

Next thing is if you've been on holiday to Scotland in the last 5 years you're eligible to play for them  :D

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Thta it Wales 24 France 45  don't look good for them does it!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 04:51:03 pm by Watts.E.Dunn »

Online timsussex

France finally turn up !

Thought the ref was quite kind to the Welsh scrum - telling France to use it after collapses  when others would have given France several penalties

Offline MissWolf

• Service Provider
Well the boys did OK first half but then they bussed in the actual French team and that as they say was that. Fair play for the effort but in the second half Wales were just not strong enough to match a finally coordinated French team on the march.
The charge down try towards the end was a bit suspect imo as I'm sure the French guy was Offside but it was a very small margin.

As we have said many times this tournament,  its a big learning curve for a young team and they will develop stronger going forward,  our scrum was very much overpowered today and as you looked at them forming they just looked smaller than the French, like juniors going up against seniors.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 05:54:00 pm by MissWolf »

Online 8MillionDollarMan

Thta it Wales 24 France 45  don't look good for them does it!

We were outmuscled simple as that.
Costello is well out of his depth,Josh Adams has been awful this year but when you give away 70kgs in the forwards you are always going to struggle.

Offline bigden40

Next thing is if you've been on holiday to Scotland in the last 5 years you're eligible to play for them  :D

The rules are the same for everyone and there’s not really any moral high ground for anyone here.

Scotland have only featured 2 players qualifying through residency this season (van der Merwe and Schoeman).

This is 1 fewer than Ireland (Gibson-Park, Aki, Lowe) and 3 fewer than France (Priso, Antonio, Latu-Meafou, Tuilagi, Willemse).  Italy and England have one each this season (Ioane and Tuilagi respectively) although England had 3 last season (Vunipola x 2 and Tuilagi). Only Wales doesn’t have any current player qualifying through residency although obviously had Faletau and others in the past.

Offline MissWolf

• Service Provider
Well that's a spoon to stir the Cawl with boys

I only saw the second half and Italy thoroughly deserved that win, an scoreline that flattered the Welsh team in the end, that last 15 mins was what we want to see, good forward momentum,dogged determination and flair,  the last Welsh try was absolutely beautiful tbf

Oh well onwards and upwards we go

Offline mr.bluesky

Well that's a spoon to stir the Cawl with boys

I only saw the second half and Italy thoroughly deserved that win, an scoreline that flattered the Welsh team in the end, that last 15 mins was what we want to see, good forward momentum,dogged determination and flair,  the last Welsh try was absolutely beautiful tbf

Oh well onwards and upwards we go

Italy have come on in leaps and bounds in recent years.  No longer the whipping boys of the six nations. Wales will go through a period of re building over the next few years. Sad to see George North finishing his international career  hobbling off injured towards the end of the game. Another big player they will have to replace over the coming years.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 04:46:58 pm by mr.bluesky »

Online 8MillionDollarMan

Italy have come on in leaps and bounds in recent years. 

This year they have but they were awful in the WC.
We were awful today a total shambles and well flattered by the scoreline.

Offline mikecee

One of the commentators mentioned that Wales' next three matches are against South Africa and two against Australia.  Steep learning curve.  We'll see what this young Welsh team is made of.

Offline ulstersubbie

Ireland doing the business, as a Scot I am my usual disappointed self. I came to the conclusion years ago (yes I am fairly ancient  :D), that we just can't cut it at real sports as a nation, we've developed some kind of psychological barrier that prevents us from ever moving forward. Another shit six Nations and now the Euros to look forward to in June, any hope I have will probably quickly disappear after the opening game against Germany.

To Misswolf, sad to see my fellow Celts picking up the wooden spoon but Wales are a fantastically proud rugby nation, you'll roar back in no time I'm sure.   :hi:

Offline mr.bluesky

Ireland doing the business, as a Scot I am my usual disappointed self. I came to the conclusion years ago (yes I am fairly ancient  :D), that we just can't cut it at real sports as a nation, we've developed some kind of psychological barrier that prevents us from ever moving forward. Another shit six Nations and now the Euros to look forward to in June, any hope I have will probably quickly disappear after the opening game against Germany.

To Misswolf, sad to see my fellow Celts picking up the wooden spoon but Wales are a fantastically proud rugby nation, you'll roar back in no time I'm sure.   :hi:

A bit harsh on your nation ulstersubbie,  your pretty damn  good at curling  :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 07:08:11 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline webpunter

& curling one out ?  :D

Offline mr.bluesky

Cracking finale to the Six Nations. France just snatching victory at the death  :dash:
England have improved no end under Borthwick despite finishing behind Ireland and France in the final table.
Congratulations to Ireland on winning the championship
Commiserations to Wales.
Do it all again next year.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 10:00:55 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Thephoenix

....and tossing!  :hi:  :thumbsup:

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 11:43:30 pm by Thephoenix »

Offline mr.bluesky

....and tossing!  :hi:  :thumbsup:

Hidden Image/Members Only

:D true they are the World champions at this simply because they are the only nation to do it  :unknown:
( toss the caber that is not general tossing, I don't think there's a World championship for that yet  :D)

Offline mr.bluesky

At least Gatland had the balls to offer his resignation after finishing bottom which rightly so was turned down imo . I think Gatland is still an excellent coach but can only work with whats available.  Wales have lost a lot of players to retirement and injuries over the past couple of years. Players like Alun Wynn Jones and Dan Biggar are impossible to replace overnight. Not forgetting loosing Rees Zammit still in his prime to NFL.
We went into decline under Eddie Jones , at least we're making upward progress now under Borthwick. It's going to take Wales a few years to rebuild
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 07:49:11 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline David1970

What has happened to Welsh rugby?
They have been terrible, at one point the fullback and stand off went for the same ball knocking it forward, literally a school boy error.
They are a very pale shadow of the team a few years ago.

Offline MissWolf

• Service Provider
What has happened to Welsh rugby?
They have been terrible, at one point the fullback and stand off went for the same ball knocking it forward, literally a school boy error.
They are a very pale shadow of the team a few years ago.

Well let's see, we had a very good team with some very experienced players, with a few new faces coming through,  then Gatland left and we had the Pivac years, he got rid of Edwards, one of the best defence coaches in Rugby  because he wanted to bring in his litte yes men cronies, he and them were out of their depth and made an absolute mess of the team selection and the whole direction, any fan would have told you that but the WRU are knobs.

We then got rid of the idiot called Pivac and brought back Gatland, but we began to hit a period of losses through injury and retirement, Gats inherited a team and region that was very broken and facing big changes during a world Cup preparation.

He is now going through a very tough rebuild with probably 90% of his players new or inexperienced and without a strong experienced captain like AWJ at the helm to guide the lads.

It's painful and uncomfortable but it's not the end of the world,  we will gain experience and strength, we will become more cohesive and better as individuals and as a team, Gats will get them back up to the top or near it but it's going to take a couple of years, change and growth don't come easy.

Your boys did very well this campaign 👏 respect
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 10:20:07 am by MissWolf »

Offline mr.bluesky

So it seems that NFL team Kansas City Chiefs have signed Louis Rees-Zammit on a three year contract. They must see a lot of potential in him.

Offline webpunter

External Link/Members Only

Clearly the RFU's policy of banning players playing for England if they dont play here isnt working

I wonder when they'll work out that they need to be doing something different  :rolleyes:

Add in some of those players in France & England will be improved, quelle surprise

The french clubs will be well pleased, some of their players getting a bit of a rest & reduced chances of injury when the autumn & spring internationals are on

I'm figuring that with Farrell moving to France Itoje will take over the marquee player status & maintain his 800k salary

Offline mr.bluesky

External Link/Members Only

Clearly the RFU's policy of banning players playing for England if they dont play here isnt working

I wonder when they'll work out that they need to be doing something different  :rolleyes:

Add in some of those players in France & England will be improved, quelle surprise

The french clubs will be well pleased, some of their players getting a bit of a rest & reduced chances of injury when the autumn & spring internationals are on

I'm figuring that with Farrell moving to France Itoje will take over the marquee player status & maintain his 800k salary

Always seemed to me to be a stupid rule. You can't blame players for moving  to play in the French league. They are obviously going to be paid more and play a high standard of Rugby and recently there has been 3 top flight teams go into liquidation in England ( Wasps, Worcester  and London Irish) which has left more players chasing fewer team places. Despite the influx of more overseas players playing in France it hasn't weaken the French national team. They get to see more of the World's top players playing week in week out. English players get paid £23,000 each time they play for England. You can bet the top players will earn more playing for their club team in France every week.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 06:36:15 am by mr.bluesky »