Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: OBITUARY - REST IN PEACE  (Read 25893 times)

Online WARSZAWA16

The first of the gang to die. R.I.P Andy.

Offline Jonestown

The author Martin Amis, dead at 73, RIP

He wrote some cracking books when he was younger.

Online Colston36

The author Martin Amis, dead at 73, RIP

He wrote some cracking books when he was younger.

Fame rarely lasts: Kingsley Amis, his father, was a pretty good writer and a bit of a shit.

Offline Ghost89

Actor Ray Stevenson. Seen in King Arthur, Punisher Warzone and as one of Thor’s friends in the marvel movies. Only 58. Solid actor. Cause unknown at time of posting.

Online mr.bluesky

Actor Ray Stevenson. Seen in King Arthur, Punisher Warzone and as one of Thor’s friends in the marvel movies. Only 58. Solid actor. Cause unknown at time of posting.

He was excellent in the TV series "Rome"  "Vikings" and "Black Sails" the sort of actor who appeared in many films and TV programmes but had a familiar face but you never knew his name.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 07:31:02 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline WDFORTE

Jake the pegged. Rolf bit the dust.

Offline Squire Haggard

I'm Jake the Peg, deedle eedle eedle um,
With my extra leg, deedle eedle eedle um.
With your extra leg, now you are dead
EJ Thribb 17.5

Offline Blackpool Rock

Offline WDFORTE

EJ Thribb 17.5

12 seconds...

Offline timsussex

shouldnt he be in a "Burn in Hell" thread rather than RIP

Offline jackdaw

EJ Thribb 17.5

It was a brilliant dance, watched it carefully a few times, and could never work out which leg was the artificial one.

Maybe it helped to keep his victims guessing?

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider

Online mr.bluesky

shouldnt he be in a "Burn in Hell" thread rather than RIP

Yeah, like Jimmy Saville and Stuart Hall got away with it for years ,scumbags

Offline myothernameis

Wonder, if and how many celebrities will turn out for his funeral

Online mr.bluesky

I will tell you how many, this many -

Offline lostandfound

Hate to say it but I think he had the last laugh.

93 is a good age and anyone that devious lies inside their own head impervious to external circumstance.

Offline Jonestown

Apparently he died two. weeks ago and has already been cremated.

Offline myothernameis

Apparently he died two. weeks ago and has already been cremated.

Just seen this on the news, and guessing the family didn't want any press of the cemetery

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
I've always thought his TV programmes were shit. I don't like animal programmes so Animal Hospital I didn't care for, his art shows were dull and his kids ones tedious because they were educational. I also think his music is shit and I'm amazed people find it funny, I didn't find it funny as a child and I'm still an immature prick. That said he is a polymath, compared to Savile who was talentless, but had endurance or Stuart Hall who was a generic TV presenter he was leagues above. It's weird how well loved figures become villains after one arrest, but villains become heroes like Ronnie Biggs, Mr Nice, Stephen Fry who committed fraud.

Online WARSZAWA16

Tina Turner R.I.P. Great performer.

Online mr.bluesky

Sad news indeed, saw her in concert many years ago. A fabulous performer  :cry: She was "simply the best"
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 07:45:46 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Punterperson1971

Sad news indeed, saw her in concert many years ago. A fabulous performer  :cry:
Has Tina turner passed away ??
I’ve not heard anything

Online mr.bluesky

Has Tina turner passed away ??
I’ve not heard anything

Posted on Sky news, died aged 83 after a long illness.

Offline Punterperson1971

Posted on Sky news, died aged 83 after a long illness.
Just seen it now shame

Offline Conkers13

Rip Tina.
Saw her in Manchester in 1973 as an innocent 18 year old. I was about 6ft away from Tina and the ikettes.
It was one of my favourite gigs ever.

Offline puntingking

Rip Tina.
Saw her in Manchester in 1973 as an innocent 18 year old. I was about 6ft away from Tina and the ikettes.
It was one of my favourite gigs ever.

Tina turner was simply the best.  :hi:

Offline chrishornx

Top draw performer for many decades and made a great movie, Mad Max beyond Thunderdome. Fabulous catalogue of tunes 

sadly missed by most

Offline Stevelondon

Proud Mary ……… fantastic performer RIP

Offline Squire Haggard

I must be an oldie, because this is the one that I remember best, better than all the rest. :)   RIP

External Link/Members Only

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider

OMG  what an amazing woman she was, I sadly never got to see her live and I regret that, such an amazing talent and such a strong woman, she endured so much abuse from Ike and came out the other side, very sad news indeed  :(

Offline jlike

Sad news, amazing performer. Never got to see her live but loved the video of her concert at NEC in 1985 ( I think) her duet with David Bowie was to die for.

Offline Ghost89

A performer who I never really appreciated until I was much older what with my parents listening to her. She always seemed like she’d live forever with her energy. Another legend lost.

Offline Ahalfa Carling

Sad about Tina Turner.
Ok, she was 83 and had been unwell for a while, but still sad.

She was my first real celebrity crush at the age of about 10.
I just hope that the plaudits roll in from the younger R'nB "stars" of today- without Tina they would have to blaze their own trails, and the vast majority of them would fall by the wayside.

RIP

Offline PepeMAGA

Memorable for me for her role in Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome

Offline maxxblue

So sad.

Tina Turner is such a 'great', in my opinion, and there are lots more, it seems a shame that we need to look for posts under the 'Obituary - rest in peace' thread - I think it would be more fitting to have a new thread 'Tina Turner - RIP'.

I much preferred the previous practice of starting a new topic and dedicating a thread to pay respects to famous people who have passed away.

What do others think?

Online Backstreetboy

Never got to see her live - a lifetime regret.

thank God for big screen HD units!!!

Offline Ghost89

Memorable for me for her role in Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome

Yes! She was excellent in that! 2 great songs from there as well. “One of the living “ to open and “we don’t need another hero”.

Offline myothernameis

So sad.

Tina Turner is such a 'great', in my opinion, and there are lots more, it seems a shame that we need to look for posts under the 'Obituary - rest in peace' thread - I think it would be more fitting to have a new thread 'Tina Turner - RIP'.

I much preferred the previous practice of starting a new topic and dedicating a thread to pay respects to famous people who have passed away.

What do others think?

I would think, maybe an additional group, where the thread are solely, obituary posts

Online mr.bluesky

Sad news, amazing performer. Never got to see her live but loved the video of her concert at NEC in 1985 ( I think) her duet with David Bowie was to die for.

I was fortunate enough to see her in concert at the NEC probably late 80's or early 90's. I loved her duet with Bryan Adams " it's only love" one of my all time favourite rock songs. She always came across as a down to earth person , no big ego or diva behaviour.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 11:25:02 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline petermisc

I would think, maybe an additional group, where the thread are solely, obituary posts
Or a totally separate forum.

Offline webpunter

Mel Parry

One of the last surviving SAS soldiers who stormed the Iranian embassy in London has died

The SAS team's storming of the building in 17 minutes became one of its most famous operations, recovering all but one of the hostages and killing five of the six hostage-takers

Me thinks he had a few other 'tear ups', diddly or nil media coverage back then

He was well above talking about numbers, unlike some [who pretend to be in the forces]

& a bit different when they are a few feet rather than a few km away
Respec to one of the Regiment's finest  :hi:

The film 6 Days is gripping

Offline A Decent Fist

Not as famous as most of the other mentioned here, but I'm really sad that The Spectator's Low Life columnist, Jeremy Clarke, has died of cancer aged 66.

He was chronicling his ups and downs with chemo, morphine and all the rest right to the end, full of wit, wisdom and surprising side-angles. He was a working-class lad from Essex with two O-levels who took over the column after Jeffrey Bernard died and wrote like a dream. I'll miss Jeremy far more than Tina Turner or Andy Rourke (superb bass player though he was).

Online mr.bluesky

Mel Parry

One of the last surviving SAS soldiers who stormed the Iranian embassy in London has died

The SAS team's storming of the building in 17 minutes became one of its most famous operations, recovering all but one of the hostages and killing five of the six hostage-takers

Me thinks he had a few other 'tear ups', diddly or nil media coverage back then

He was well above talking about numbers, unlike some [who pretend to be in the forces]

& a bit different when they are a few feet rather than a few km away
Respec to one of the Regiment's finest  :hi:

The film 6 Days is gripping

Yeah, A true hero in every sense of the word. I remember watching it as it happened on the news live at the time. I think that incident really brought the SAS to the attention of the world. I remember at the time there was a sudden explosion ( if you forgive the pun) of T shirts on sale with the logo " don't mess with the SAS". Not long afterwards there was the film "Who dares wins" released starring Lewis Collins loosely based on the Iranian embassy siege

Online Colston36

Not as famous as most of the other mentioned here, but I'm really sad that The Spectator's Low Life columnist, Jeremy Clarke, has died of cancer aged 66.

He was chronicling his ups and downs with chemo, morphine and all the rest right to the end, full of wit, wisdom and surprising side-angles. He was a working-class lad from Essex with two O-levels who took over the column after Jeffrey Bernard died and wrote like a dream. I'll miss Jeremy far more than Tina Turner or Andy Rourke (superb bass player though he was).

Strange how memories pop up. I used to drink in the same pub - and fucked the same woman - as Jeffrey Bernard,  Jeremy's predecessor in the Spectator's Low Life column. Jeffrey was the protagonist in a play starring Peter O'Toole -"Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell". Another sad death: a girl we both saw used to smoke in bed; set fire to herself and died.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 06:19:44 am by Colston36 »

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
Strange how memories pop up. I used to drink in the same pub - and fucked the same woman - as Jeffrey Bernard,  Jeremy's predecessor in the Spectator's Low Life column. Jeffrey was the protagonist in a play starring Peter O'Toole -"Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell". Another sad death: a girl we both saw used to smoke in bed; set fire to herself and died.

Such a shame to see so many characters passing, Colston you say you drank in the same pub as JB did you by chance drink in the Coach and Horses in soho between 1983 and 1986 I wonder? When Norman was the landlord.

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

I remember a lot of viewers complained that the live embassy seige took Corination street off the air, that to them was more important!!

Online Colston36

Such a shame to see so many characters passing, Colston you say you drank in the same pub as JB did you by chance drink in the Coach and Horses in soho between 1983 and 1986 I wonder? When Norman was the landlord.

Yes indeed, my love. I had a business at 20, Soho Square. Some of the best days of my life. The French Pub, Gay Hussar, The White Tower - pissed as a rat most of the time, had a job whizzing round the world.

Offline ulstersubbie

Yes indeed, my love. I had a business at 20, Soho Square. Some of the best days of my life. The French Pub, Gay Hussar, The White Tower - pissed as a rat most of the time, had a job whizzing round the world.

Surprised you didn't mention The Spice of Life colston, a watering hole I became rather fond of when I worked in Soho. It was a Charrington pub as I recall, a long time ago now....

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider

I probably served you a drink or two  :hi: