Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: i Phone / i Pad syncing warning  (Read 1623 times)

SUMO61

Apologies if already covered on previous threads, but I noticed this recently and thought others should know:

I have an i phone and i pad, both registered to me. Scanning adultwork on my i phone, as usual, in the back room.

Missus on i Pad in the other room. She makes a cuppa, I pick up i Pad, notice with horror my search history now showing on i Pad!!

Did a speed clean of History, through Settings etc.  Got away with it...

i Cloud syncs your music, mail, Safari etc between any Apple devices

Did a bit of research and this can be rectified in Settings / i Cloud/then turn off Safari. 

I am normally very very careful with devices and delete histories, cookies the lot all the time, but this nearly caught me out.

Hope this helps..

Offline cueball

Dodo

Yea, this has happened to me and as the OP alludes to this punting hazzard has been talked about before.
With me it downloaded all my 30 odd hot list targets incorporating my first hand observations and observations from our illustrious membership......OH never spotted it but I go all flushed just tinking about it. So BEWARE OF THE APPLE SYNC.  :(

Offline Taggart

To browse AW and UKP, I use an incognito window in Chrome, that is set to delete all history, cookies, etc on close, so no trace. For normal browing I use Safari as the bookmarks are sync'd from my macbook. Also, dont use iCloud or similar.

Problem with these devices is they are smarter than us!!!

figleaf

Beware that Chrome also does this between your devices if you sign into your Google account. Nightmare!

SUMO61

Beware that Chrome also does this between your devices if you sign into your Google account. Nightmare!

I noticed that too, really is dangerous if not very careful.

Thanks for Incognito tip too gents..

Offline johnr1

It can also sinc text messages from your iphone to ipad if set up so be careful, these are great devices for destroying your life  :(

Offline iPad3

Don't even think about using chrome or safari, I have a secure password protected app that is a browser with no history function and closes automatically after 5 mins.

There's many other available too.

Offline Marmalade

Just while we're on security... another one that is so easy to get caught out on is cut and paste.

Most people assume that with normal cut and paste (not the enhanced ones that remember everything you type), that when you cut or copy something else then the previous copy -- maybe a prossie review you'd Ctr+C'd to save losing it or her address she'd texted that you copied to a search map -- is overwritten. We assume that that older copy is overwritten...

Except occasionally when you copy something it doesn't -- like directions to your goodly wife to get her dear arse in gear -- and then hit send -- and realise a fraction of a second too late that you've pasted & texted more than you intended (about some slag yaaaah).

Something else you could do (on a computer, haven't tried it on a phone, you'd maybe need to root it first) is log in as a guest. That wipes everything to the normal eye as soon as you log out.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 01:19:27 am by Marmalade »

Offline Bobbob84

All you need to do is go to private mode on your iPhone / iPad / safari browser.

With chrome, incognito browsing is what you use.

Some people deserve to get caught out.

Offline Bobbob84

It can also sinc text messages from your iphone to ipad if set up so be careful, these are great devices for destroying your life  :(

Yup and anyone who uses a smart phone as a punting phone deserves all they get too.

Offline Boundless

Yup and anyone who uses a smart phone as a punting phone deserves all they get too.

Absolutely.

I have a very basic punting phone, no internet, unregistered, PAYG, topped up with cash, as I imagine 90% of punters do too.

Any probs, SIM cut up and phone goes for a swim in the river.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:28:48 pm by Boundless »

Offline mcb

If you're worried about your extracurricular activities being found out, don't use expensive gadgets unless you know the ins and outs of it and how to cover your tracks. Private Mode would have prevented that.