Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Thread reply notifications / user tagging  (Read 340 times)

Offline Urban_G

Is there a way that users can be notified of replies to individual threads?

I've not found one yet but I think it would be a good feature to have, something sent to our inbox rather then email and an option to receive / cancel replies to any thread we choose particularly one's we started or replied to.

A way to notify another user that you have mentioned them in post might be useful too.

I know the new owners / admin team have a lot to do but are these features something to consider in the future?

Offline SO595

If it's a thread you've posted in, the New Replies link might help? 

Or if not, you can bookmark threads.
Banned reason: Idiot who won't take advice.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline rathbone

When I first joined the forum about 3 years ago we got thread notifications by email, but as I recall the previous admin disabled the feature perhaps due to the amount of emails being sent out by the system, I imagine thousands each day?

Offline Urban_G

Before this thread get's lost in the depths of UKP, does anyone have any thoughts about the user tagging I suggested?

Yes, that works, I never really noticed that. Much better than bookmarking every thread I reply to.

When I first joined the forum about 3 years ago we got thread notifications by email, but as I recall the previous admin disabled the feature perhaps due to the amount of emails being sent out by the system, I imagine thousands each day?
I don't remember that, but ye that's why I suggested an internal way. I know other websites / forums have the ability.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:54:51 am by Urban_G »

Offline Marmalade

Yes, it seems more than enough IMO. Emails have low security anyway don’t they.