Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Got me a punter phone.  (Read 1771 times)

Hawkwind71

Just got a five year old phone from my sister. Very basic but was originally a Virgin contract. Fully functional and going into Virgin to get a £10 Sim.

Question: What should I say to them? Wont they ask me for my name and address. Wont that put me in the same situation. How do I say that I want the phone to be anonymous. Or do I have to get the phone unlocked and pick up a Sim in Sainsburys.

Any assistance appreciated.....
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 12:37:19 pm by Hawkwind71 »

np500

Just got a new I phone 6, using it for the moment, my old I phone 5s is to be my punting phone, took it to tesco and just bought a sim with £ 10  ( and thay gave me £30 free ) but when home it was all linked to my I phone 6 took it back and the guy sorted it through settings and it is now totally separate phone, no names or anything asked, others will have more info, hope some of that's of use.

Offline pewpewpew

Name - John Smith
Address 123 blah road, blah town

They aren't going to care if it's a fake name

OR

Do some investigating and find out the guy in the shops details. When you give his name and address and look him straight in the eye he will shake your hand and give you an Xbox

vw

Just got a five year old phone from my sister. Very basic but was originally a Virgin contract. Fully functional and going into Virgin to get a £10 Sim.

Question: What should I say to them? Wont they ask me for my name and address. Wont that put me in the same situation. How do I say that I want the phone to be anonymous. Or do I have to get the phone unlocked and pick up a Sim in Sainsburys.

Any assistance appreciated.....
did you check for trackers ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Tdydl

When I got my punting phone and sim I was never asked. The only name on the cash was Robert the Bruce

Stainford

Just got a new I phone 6, using it for the moment, my old I phone 5s is to be my punting phone, took it to tesco and just bought a sim with £ 10  ( and thay gave me £30 free ) but when home it was all linked to my I phone 6 took it back and the guy sorted it through settings and it is now totally separate phone, no names or anything asked, others will have more info, hope some of that's of use.

Iphone 5s as a punting phone? Blimey nice one  :hi:

Offline PD101

I bought a cheap smartphone from Sainsburys, but I switched all unrequired services off, so no data, no WiFi, Bluetooth is off, location reporting is definitely off. I only got it because it charges via micro usb.

If virgin need details give false ones and pay with cash. If you get spooked, then pay a tenner to unlock the phone (or DIY if you're savvy) and buy a 99p SIM from a supermarket.

As other threads have mentioned, the phone is the one piece of kit where you have to be meticulous. Has anyone watched Hunted on C4 recently?

np500

It's the one my 6 replaced, told oh I sold it.

Offline RedKettle

I would have sold it and bought a cheap PAYG phone for £10.  Cash used for a punt.

You are now stuffed if OH finds it - you can explain a cheap PAYG (back up etc etc) but you will have been caught in a direct lie with nowhere to go.

np500

true, she would ask what's this old thing doing about the place if she found that ? but I don't leave it around the place , plus there are about 6 I phones knocking about and a couple of androids, it would't look out of place if I left it about but I'm paranoid to the point of ocd ever since I didn't clear the hamster of my computer and did a 30 mile round trip to clear it Evan though no one was in !

SirFrank

Just buy a cash payg SIM. No personal details required. I've got a smart phone but have disabled everything so no internet, email, whatsapp etc and just use it to phone, text and take pics of my cock

Hawkwind71

Just buy a cash payg SIM. No personal details required. I've got a smart phone but have disabled everything so no internet, email, whatsapp etc and just use it to phone, text and take pics of my cock

Amazing responses guys. Think Im just gunna ask virgin to unlock phone and get a Payg sim.

SirFrank

Amazing responses guys. Think Im just gunna ask virgin to unlock phone and get a Payg sim.

Do you know if the phone is actually locked to virgin network? My phone was with 02 but I've got a supermarket SIM (easy to buy and top up with cash) and no unlocking required

Hawkwind71

Do you know if the phone is actually locked to virgin network? My phone was with 02 but I've got a supermarket SIM (easy to buy and top up with cash) and no unlocking required

It is locked I think. Im gunna just unlock and go to tescos. Dont want to have to explain everything to some 20year old at the virgin counter.

SirFrank

It is locked I think. Im gunna just unlock and go to tescos. Dont want to have to explain everything to some 20year old at the virgin counter.

If you have the same type SIM in your own phone but it's from another network, try it out. You might not even have to go to the faff of unlocking it. I thought mine was locked to the original network but it turned out not to be. Supermarket SIMs are very easy. I slipped the bloke in Tesco mobile shop 20 quid no questions asked and said don't tell your mother  :kiss:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:20:35 pm by SirFrank »

Offline smiths

Virgin should be able to tell you if its locked if you ring them.

Offline claretandblue

Buy a pay as you go sim, I got mine from Vodafone and no personal details were asked for or given

Hawkwind71

Buy a pay as you go sim, I got mine from Vodafone and no personal details were asked for or given

Thanks mate. Good tip.

Hawkwind71

Is that the one on paradise street ?

Why are all phone co employees 20.?????? :dash:

Hawkwind71

Virgin should be able to tell you if its locked if you ring them.

Deffo good idea. :hi:

vw

Why are all phone co employees 20.?????? :dash:
Because its such a shit industry, most phone companies could learn a thing or to from the Romanian pimps they are that bad !

Offline george r

Tesco sims work in 99% of O2 phones but not the other way around.

Offline claretandblue

Thanks mate. Good tip.
No problem, I also top up in store using cash using the little machine which gives you the top up voucher, takes about thirty seconds and you don't have to talk to a member of staff, ideal :hi:

tonibell99

Most corner shops sell sims as do Spar, Londis etc etc  No questions are ever asked, anonymous sims are allowed in this country, unlike some countries (Spain etc) where you have to produce your passport or other id when buying a sim.

OP I don't know why you are bothering getting your phone unlocked, just get a sim for whatever network it is locked to. I assume you won't be using it sufficiently to make any noticable difference in call rates.

Offline shooter

The prob you will have is registering the phone with AW if you want to make bookings. I think AW requires you to set up a phone via a text message reply. I tried this w my punting phone and couldn't coz of the following issue:

All phones on PAYG are locked to not allow adult content. The only way of getting it removed (AFAIK) is to call the network and give them your details or a credit card.  Which defeats the purpose of a SIM only punting phone.  I don't know if once you give the credit card details they store them - I think (IMNAL) they can only do that if you allow it otherwise they have to destroy it.

HTH

Two tone

The prob you will have is registering the phone with AW if you want to make bookings. I think AW requires you to set up a phone via a text message reply. I tried this w my punting phone and couldn't coz of the following issue:

All phones on PAYG are locked to not allow adult content. The only way of getting it removed (AFAIK) is to call the network and give them your details or a credit card.  Which defeats the purpose of a SIM only punting phone.  I don't know if once you give the credit card details they store them - I think (IMNAL) they can only do that if you allow it otherwise they have to destroy it.

HTH

No you don't have to register your phone to get bookings. All I did was put my new phone number in my AW profile by editing it & I just ignored the register request. I've made bookings & the new number comes up automatically in the request form so all hunky dory.

vw

No you don't have to register your phone to get bookings. All I did was put my new phone number in my AW profile by editing it & I just ignored the register request. I've made bookings & the new number comes up automatically in the request form so all hunky dory.
Verification of age needed if you want to pay for PG or webcam via text payments !

Two tone

Verification of age needed if you want to pay for PG or webcam via text payments !

I didn't know that, many thanks.

I've never paid for a PG or webcam so far but if I do can't I just use whatever ukash is called now & pay cash for a voucher?

Offline rg41

Tesco sims work in 99% of O2 phones but not the other way around.

Virgin use the EE network, Sainsburys us the Vodafone network and PAYG calls 8p per minute and TXT ARE 4p

Hawkwind71

Got the virgin number to unlock the phone then off to tesco for a cheepo sim.

I love the way these threads take on a life of their own and other people get questions answered.

Offline george r

Got the virgin number to unlock the phone then off to tesco for a cheepo sim.

I love the way these threads take on a life of their own and other people get questions answered.

External Link/Members Only

Tesco lite 8p a min  4p a text ..credit lasts ages unless you do lots of punting !!

vw

External Link/Members Only

Tesco lite 8p a min  4p a text ..credit lasts ages unless you do lots of punting !!
10p a meg of data not bad if you need to check AW quckly wont break the bank, most others have a day fee rather than per meg.