Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: WGs using baby wipes could give punters balantis  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Taggart

About a year ago, i noticed a few small red marks on my penis and got checked out by the local GUM clinic after it showed a reluctance to go.  Their diagnosis was balantis, an inflammation of the head of the penis that can also affect the foreskin.

Treated with a short course of antibiotics and steroid cream, it soon went, but I researched it and found that a cause can be the use of baby wipes  (see: External Link/Members Only), plus soaps and bubble bath.

Three days before the outbreak, I'd seen a WG and she wiped me before oral and again for round two. Thought nothing of it, but now link it back to the balantis, as they had been no other sexual contact before and after, so seems too coincidental.

Just wonder if anyone else had suffered, but not made the connecton that it may have been caused by wet or baby wipes??
And should WGs be made more aware?

EnjoyEmily

Too many variables,  condoms can also be a consideration along with a man that's uncut (build up of smeg and all that) 

Not sure on the wipes, always use fragrance free ones where at all possible (you only have to read the amount of chemicals added to them) if for no other reason that sending a punter home to his partner with a cock that smells and maybe tastes a but different to his normal self might not be a smart move.

Offline Taggart

Too many variables,  condoms can also be a consideration along with a man that's uncut (build up of smeg and all that) 

Not sure on the wipes, always use fragrance free ones where at all possible (you only have to read the amount of chemicals added to them) if for no other reason that sending a punter home to his partner with a cock that smells and maybe tastes a but different to his normal self might not be a smart move.

Yes agree there are other causes, but given that quite a few WGs use wipes, thought it worth an airing.  GUM did test me for diabetes too, given my age and family history, but was OK.

EnjoyEmily

I'm with you on the wipes, although to a point they are a necessary evil but some of the cheaper ones smell flippin awful and are not much good or dare i say 'moist' enough :D

Good news on the diabetes  :thumbsup:

Offline smiths

About a year ago, i noticed a few small red marks on my penis and got checked out by the local GUM clinic after it showed a reluctance to go.  Their diagnosis was balantis, an inflammation of the head of the penis that can also affect the foreskin.

Treated with a short course of antibiotics and steroid cream, it soon went, but I researched it and found that a cause can be the use of baby wipes  (see: External Link/Members Only), plus soaps and bubble bath.

Three days before the outbreak, I'd seen a WG and she wiped me before oral and again for round two. Thought nothing of it, but now link it back to the balantis, as they had been no other sexual contact before and after, so seems too coincidental.

Just wonder if anyone else had suffered, but not made the connecton that it may have been caused by wet or baby wipes??
And should WGs be made more aware?

Good information that might help some punters. Fortunately I haven't had this happen to me and have had loads of WGs using wet wipes on my cock.

JV547845

They're trying to sell them to young mums, to clean their beloved new born baby's bums with.  If they cause balantis it has to be extremely rare.

Max Pleasure

That link was useful, but the mention of avoiding baby wipes was in the treatment section, rather than saying it was a possible cause.  I've been wiped down numerous times without problems.  Maybe you were really unlucky, or there were other factors.  Glad it cleared up easily though.

Offline King Nuts

I have had balanitis before, and it's not necessarily caused by anything much. I only had the mild version, where you get some patchy redness on the glans, and I didn't suffer any irritation or any other symptoms. A dab of something like Daktacort will see it off pretty quickly.

Soap can be the cause, and the doc I saw at the time advised washing in water without using soap. It's very common, and sort of the male version of thrush.

Toshiba

ive suffered with this for a good few months now and is the reason ive stopped punting for a bit, as well as thrush.

interesting about the wipes, i used to wash my cock with soap, non perfumed, but now never let anything near my cock other than water and emolient cream.its fucking annoying as it comes back as quick as it goes  :dash:

ive tried thrush cream, thrush pill etc, still comes n goes

Noah Hope

The sexual heath clinic gave me a free tube of "AQUEOUS Cream BP 100g," for some redness around the glans I had. They told me to avoid soaps and shower gels, but use it to wash with and apply a smidgeon when dry. You can get it from chemists but it's worth going to  a clinic for it as you can get yourself properly tested to make sure the problem isn't more serious.

I went to the clinic at Charing X Hospital. 56 Dean Street clinic is closer to me, but tends to gets booked up very quickly after many favorable reviews on SAAFE Forum. They're completely non-judgmental, actually they really roll out the red carpet for punters. Punters get the whole gamut of tests. :yahoo:

External Link/Members Only
External Link/Members Only

Offline King Nuts

ive suffered with this for a good few months now and is the reason ive stopped punting for a bit, as well as thrush.

interesting about the wipes, i used to wash my cock with soap, non perfumed, but now never let anything near my cock other than water and emolient cream.its fucking annoying as it comes back as quick as it goes  :dash:

ive tried thrush cream, thrush pill etc, still comes n goes

I think if yer knob end's just got a bit blotchy, there's nothing much to worry about. As long as you've no irritation, discharge or any sign anything else is wrong.

Must admit, I had it for yonks before I got around to taking medical advice. Doc just took a look at it, told me in 5 seconds what it was and handed me a tube of Daktacort.

Comes back from time to time, but sometimes I go months without any sign of it.

Offline kiltedviking

Blimey I've been suffering from this kind of thing for ages,  never thought I'd read of it on the punting forum. I even had a biopsy taken of the old fella 6 months or so ago to check for anything malignant (nothing phew).  Thrush crams didn't work but I might need to try daktacort to see if that helps

raylondoner

I googled this one, again, seems a big cause is washing your dick with soap - just hot water recommended. I choose to ignore this but don't use strong soap or gel and make sure the old fellah gets a good hose down before I get out of the shower - especially important for us Cavaliers!  :rolleyes:

Offline Taggart

Interesting others have suffered too, although the causes can be variable.
I didnt realise that soaps and gels could exacerbate it as I take a pride in being clean down there, as driving a lot, you get sweaty around the gills.....so I washed.

Salt baths help, as does filling a glass with salty water and submersing the end in it, so the clinic told me.

Offline shagbambi

Suffered greatly in the past from Balinitis and saw my fair share of consultants regarding the problem.  In my case, as in 90% of the cases, it was allergy related.

Like others have stated above, I stay clear of scented soaps and shower gels and use scent free acqueous creams.  Boots E45 creams are by far the best. 
I would also like to add that fabric softners and biological washing machine soaps are a huge problem as they are heavily scented and have other assorted irritants in them.  If your problem re-occurs after you switch to acqueous creams then these will be the next most likely source of irritation.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 01:29:32 pm by shagbambi »

Offline shagbambi

Error - pressed button twice

Jon Le Don

Balanitis is also common in diabetics - washing the old boy with 100% virgin coconut oil instead of soap is a top tip. Also smells good  ;)