Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Can you guys recommend a punting phone/sim?  (Read 2554 times)

Offline AbuKhanda47

Hey all,
Can you guys throw some suggestions as to which phone would be ideal as a punting phone and which is best sim to get?
Look forward to your suggestions.

:)

Offline LLPunting

Don't bother, just keep using your own phone, it'll be much less confusing and your parents will be able to track you in case you get into trouble.  Better safe than sorry.

Offline DeanoDeano

have you tried this niche search engine available through your personal computer?

External Link/Members Only

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Hey all,
Can you guys throw some suggestions as to which phone would be ideal as a punting phone and which is best sim to get?

Been done to death if you search, including these - https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=195379.0     https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=195953.msg2029773#msg2029773

Offline freeze44

have you tried this niche search engine available through your personal computer?

:D just did...top result is here!

Offline AnthG

Sim, by far the Three Data Reward Sim

You get 200mb free data each month (you have to go to a URL with the phone once when the sim is installed to register and get it each month, just put any details in there, it doesn't matter).

And don't need to top up at all for 6 months to keep it active.

Its easy to add money onto it via the website, and you can add as little as £2 to be used on calls. And £2 works out at 66mins of call time. As you have the free data so its not being used up on that.

People will always respond to my recommendation saying this, that it's a data sim and not the phone sim. I have been using it in all 5 of my mobile phones since 2016 and not had one single hitch in al that time.

Just don't phone up Three and say "I am using this in my mobile phone to get cheap calls". As that would be stupid.
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Landscape

Currently using a Vodaphone sim with a £10 Big Value Bundle with 6GB of data, 250 minutes and unlimited text and have a spare 3 3p-2p-1p sim as a backup.

It'll do for now.

Offline Charliehutton

For a bog-standard, no frills, non-contract pay-as-you-go punting only mobile, Tesco do one at £15 including £10 of calls. Not a bad phone, either.

salamander8321

Something to keep in mind.

I had been meaning to get a new pay as you go phone for a while and decided to get one and use the old one as a punting phoned.

I got an EE sim for old phone, tried to log into the AW site and was re-directed to the EE website. I'm hoping the reason for that is due to having to log onto account to turn off safety filters. Unfortunately when I tried to create EE account, it was an absolute nightmare and I'll have to contact them to get it fixed.

I can't see it being  a problem even if I can't get  filters turned off as I can get a list of phone numbers from PC at home and use phone to text/phone for punt. 

Offline kuck

I had been meaning to get a new pay as you go phone for a while and decided to get one and use the old one as a punting phoned.

I got an EE sim for old phone, tried to log into the AW site and was re-directed to the EE website. I'm hoping the reason for that is due to having to log onto account to turn off safety filters. Unfortunately when I tried to create EE account, it was an absolute nightmare and I'll have to contact them to get it fixed.

I can't see it being  a problem even if I can't get  filters turned off as I can get a list of phone numbers from PC at home and use phone to text/phone for punt.

See if you can install Opera browser. It routes through a VPN, and bypasses adult filters.

salamander8321

See if you can install Opera browser. It routes through a VPN, and bypasses adult filters.

Strange thing is that I use an EE mifi dongle for my internet connection at home and have no issue accessing any adult sites. The only thing I can think of is that it is different for pay as you go sims.

I managed to get my EE account up and running using my PC with it linked to SIM but don't see any settings for disabling filters. I've run out of data on my phone and not buying data that won't get used. The EE payg contracts works on a week to week rolling basis for £1. I'll wait until it renews before I tree and install Opera if it I can't get around filters.

STAR-LORD

Don't bother, just keep using your own phone, it'll be much less confusing and your parents will be able to track you in case you get into trouble.  Better safe than sorry.

God your strict!
 :lol:

Offline Boinky

Or if he is of legal age his family can give the number to the police so they can track his dismembered corpse .....

Only the part that has the phone with it though.

I'd recommend the latest iPhone XS Max so the WG's can see you have plenty of cash so you'll get a better service*...

* - or murdered.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:44:48 am by Boinky »

Offline LLPunting

Or if he is of legal age his family can give the number to the police so they can track his dismembered corpse .....

Only the part that has the phone with it though.

I'd recommend the latest iPhone XS Max so the WG's can see you have plenty of cash so you'll get a better service*...

* - or murdered.

Pah!  Not the freakin' fruit company shit.  Make sure to buy a Vertu if you're trying to impress.

Offline LLPunting

Every new SIM account has the adult content filter enabled, you need to prove age and instruct network provider to unlock it.
FYI porting an older number onto a SIM resets the lock so you need to contact the provider of the active SIM.

Offline LLPunting

Strange thing is that I use an EE mifi dongle for my internet connection at home and have no issue accessing any adult sites. The only thing I can think of is that it is different for pay as you go sims.

I managed to get my EE account up and running using my PC with it linked to SIM but don't see any settings for disabling filters. I've run out of data on my phone and not buying data that won't get used. The EE payg contracts works on a week to week rolling basis for £1. I'll wait until it renews before I tree and install Opera if it I can't get around filters.

You don't use data on your punting phone?  Not a smartphone? Forces you to do all your planning before you leave your PC.  Restricts options.

Offline Steve2

You don't use data on your punting phone?  Not a smartphone? Forces you to do all your planning before you leave your PC.  Restricts options.

Not sure where the data button is on mine LL  :lol:

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline LLPunting

Not sure where the data button is on mine LL  :lol:

Classy classic.

Got 2 of those rotting away in a box somewhere in storage.  May have an 8110 too and a w800.
Thanks to Android options a decent smartphone can be had for 150 or much less if you don't mind slower.

Offline Steve2

They make GOOD money on Ebay LL. Seen some around £100

salamander8321

Apologies. Need to explain PAYG data plan I am on.

It is a week to week rolling contract where you pay £1. For every week you got 50Mb, 10 mins and 10 texts. With continued use, the weekly limit of one of these services increases. If you use up weekly allowance for say data in that week, you buy an add-on which for data is £1.50 or 100Mb, £3 for 500Mb and more if you need it. As a punting phone which I won't be using regularly, at £4 a month, it's reasonable.

I'll see how it does me when punting and if need be, find a better PAYG deal.   

Offline Kryten

Every new SIM account has the adult content filter enabled, you need to prove age and instruct network provider to unlock it.
FYI porting an older number onto a SIM resets the lock so you need to contact the provider of the active SIM.

My Three PAYG sim which worked perfectly for months has now started blocking adult websites. Really don't want to provide them with ID. Has anyone found alternatives, or had experience with getting three unlocked without ID?

Offline AbuKhanda47

Thanks all. I think the Tesco £15 on payg night best option.

Offline Slowjoe

Pah!  Not the freakin' fruit company shit.  Make sure to buy a Vertu if you're trying to impress.

I'd never heard of Vertu till you mentioned it. Just googled it and see there are second hand ones on ebay for five grand!! Best start saving. Nah, fuck that, can get a lot of whore time for less :)

Offline marcello

My Three PAYG sim which worked perfectly for months has now started blocking adult websites. Really don't want to provide them with ID. Has anyone found alternatives, or had experience with getting three unlocked without ID?
You verify by entering your card details, if that doesn't work no other option than going to a three store with your ID.

Offline LLPunting

You verify by entering your card details, if that doesn't work no other option than going to a three store with your ID.

Credit card details only.

Offline DUX

I've got a 24GB data SIM on Three. It cost about £40 and lasts two years before expiring. Perfect for AW and contacting SPs using WhatsApp.

Only thing is it can't do normal phone calls and texts so I have a separate SIM for that. But that's only normally needed on the day as such.

Offline soutpiel

Call me paranoid, but to my mind if you're going to try and avoid detection then do it properly. Apart from getting hold of your physical phone, you can be tracked both by your phone's sim (phone number) and its IMEI (identification) number.

First off but a cheap unlocked phone for cash, ideally at duty free or at a shop where you are not required to register it. If asked I tell them that I'm buying a holiday phone so I can use a local phone abroad. Don't pay with a debit or credit card as that will be linked to the phone's IMEI number.

I use the Vodafone pay as you go card. You can currently buy a £10 bundle for £5 and again buy for cash for the same reasons as above. It also works fine in Europe

Once registered and activated, you can reduce the monthly bundle to £5 per month which i find is more than enough to cover my punting calls and data.

They don't make it obvious but you can then top up by buying a Vodafone top up voucher from your local news agent. They come in £10 increments. Buy one for cash and you can enter the voucher number either from the phone ap or through the Vodafone website.

The system tops up your bundle monthly and debits the stored value from your voucher credits.

My experience is that many countries require all SIM's to be registered against a passport and not all the UK service providers will let you top up without using a credit / debit card - so enjoy the anonymity whilst you can  :cool:

salamander8321

Call me paranoid, but to my mind if you're going to try and avoid detection then do it properly. Apart from getting hold of your physical phone, you can be tracked both by your phone's sim (phone number) and its IMEI (identification) number.

First off but a cheap unlocked phone for cash, ideally at duty free or at a shop where you are not required to register it. If asked I tell them that I'm buying a holiday phone so I can use a local phone abroad. Don't pay with a debit or credit card as that will be linked to the phone's IMEI number.

I use the Vodafone pay as you go card. You can currently buy a £10 bundle for £5 and again buy for cash for the same reasons as above. It also works fine in Europe

Once registered and activated, you can reduce the monthly bundle to £5 per month which i find is more than enough to cover my punting calls and data.

They don't make it obvious but you can then top up by buying a Vodafone top up voucher from your local news agent. They come in £10 increments. Buy one for cash and you can enter the voucher number either from the phone ap or through the Vodafone website.

The system tops up your bundle monthly and debits the stored value from your voucher credits.

My experience is that many countries require all SIM's to be registered against a passport and not all the UK service providers will let you top up without using a credit / debit card - so enjoy the anonymity whilst you can  :cool:

Not sure if I'm missing something but isn't the only reason for a punting phone  is that stop uninvited calls in civvy life as well as stopping the embarrassment of losing your phone at a punt and the contacts you have on the phone called rather than genuine untraceable privacy?

Even old phones can be tracked even though it is turned off and the only way to get round that is to remove the sim after you use it. Even if you use a PAYG card to pay by cash, surely the date, time and location of that transaction is stored by operator and the authorities can use nearby CCTV, including the store where transaction is made to link you to that? Also, given the recent powers given to government in light of recent terrorism atrocities, it is possible that your phone can be traced regardless of the precautions you make. It wouldn't be surprising if criminals can get hold of tracking technology, albeit more primitive compared to those used by state agencies. With both, the question is why would the bother to go to so much trouble for an ordinary punter in the street who see's a few SP's a month?   

Offline LLPunting

Not sure if I'm missing something but isn't the only reason for a punting phone  is that stop uninvited calls in civvy life as well as stopping the embarrassment of losing your phone at a punt and the contacts you have on the phone called rather than genuine untraceable privacy?

Even old phones can be tracked even though it is turned off and the only way to get round that is to remove the sim after you use it. Even if you use a PAYG card to pay by cash, surely the date, time and location of that transaction is stored by operator and the authorities can use nearby CCTV, including the store where transaction is made to link you to that? Also, given the recent powers given to government in light of recent terrorism atrocities, it is possible that your phone can be traced regardless of the precautions you make. It wouldn't be surprising if criminals can get hold of tracking technology, albeit more primitive compared to those used by state agencies. With both, the question is why would the bother to go to so much trouble for an ordinary punter in the street who see's a few SP's a month?   

Yup, the other dude was too caught up watching shitty Fox dramas and noughties movies.

Offline Rochelle

• Service Provider
I pay £5 per month for my giffgaff goodybag which gives 500 MB data, 150 minutes, and 500 texts. I recommend them.

Offline LLPunting

I pay £5 per month for my giffgaff goodybag which gives 500 MB data, 150 minutes, and 500 texts. I recommend them.

Does this roll over unused credit or expire every month?

Do you use more than half your allowance every month?

Offline Rochelle

• Service Provider
Does this roll over unused credit or expire every month?

Do you use more than half your allowance every month?
You have to buy a goodybag every month, nothing rolls over, but for what you get for a fiver, I think it's worth it.
I use more than half of the data and texts.

Offline Chorley

I use one of these with various sims. ( EE, Tesco, Vodafone) It's absolutely to tiny, is worth about 50p and the battery lasts forever. Job jobbed.  :hi:

Offline LLPunting

You have to buy a goodybag every month, nothing rolls over, but for what you get for a fiver, I think it's worth it.
I use more than half of the data and texts.

If you use less than half then the O2 classic payg is 10 a time but doesn't expire so you only load as you need. Gives the equivalent allowance to 2 months of your sub.

Offline Rochelle

• Service Provider
If you use less than half then the O2 classic payg is 10 a time but doesn't expire so you only load as you need. Gives the equivalent allowance to 2 months of your sub.
But I did say I use more than half...sometimes I use almost all.

Offline LLPunting

But I did say I use more than half...sometimes I use almost all.

My reply still useful to those who don't use as much as you.

Offline bearcat69

Credit card details only.

I unlocked the age restriction on an EE and an O2 pay as you go SIM by going into the store with ID. Can't vouch for Three though. But it definitely can be done. A hassle though. O2 wasn't so bad, but EE I basically had to argue with the staff there to get it done, and there this whole process were you have to phone up their customer services and get them to register your phone to your name, and then go back into the store with your ID. But definitely dont require a credit card. I would know that seeing as I dont have a credit card. I would definitely not recommend doing that whole process with a SIM intended for punting use though, no exactly discrete, and the phone will be registered to your name, so that could easily to tracked back to you.

Offline bearcat69

I thought the main point of a punting phone/SIM was to not make it easy for a prossie to find out your real name/identity and then out you.

I mean, I'm far from an expert on this, but aren't there websites pretty much anybody can go into, pop a number in to and see what name it's registered under?

Realistically speaking unless your a proper bad sort or just very unlucky, how likely is it that the police are going to go to the level of tracking down IMEI numbers and top up voucher transactions and then checking CCTV footage? But how likely is it that an angry dusty phoned prossie that's a bit tech savvy will look up your number on a website and maybe get lucky?

Of course, this is all about the level of paranoia you want to take things to. What works for one punter, doesn't for another. My view on this type of thing though, is always to not make it easy for the prossie to out you.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 04:24:34 am by bearcat69 »

Zidane18

Use lycamobile or lebara

Buy scratchcards

As for the police  by the time they get round to investigating most shops have overwritten the cctv footage.

They are slow at investigating and think months and not days or weeks so your safe unless someone has alot of harddrives in their cctv

Offline AbuKhanda47

Just remembered about this post.
Okay guys, I went with Cloud Sim app on my iPhone. Works brilliantly. I think there’s a new post specifically about this CloudSim. It really is brilliant. Almost like it’s been designed for punters. Ha ha!

Stevensmiles

I use a Nokia 1131.
It’s only drawback is that it runs off a car battery, no internet and poor signalfrom almost anywhere in the country.
But hey, it’s cheap.  :lol:

Offline mrpink666

go with three Pay as you go,,,,  3p a minute calls, 2p per text and 1[ for data.   Signup is free and anything you haven't used is carried on.  get a cheap phone, swap SIM or get a dual SIM phone

Offline lebon121

Hey all,

Giffgaff 
£10 = 500 min + 3GB internet + 3000 or 5000 txt
Get a SIM from any shop for £ 1 . Buy a £10 voucher
Register online with chosen username . You have to activate your SIM by entering the 6 digits code provided.
Top up with voucher online
Buy goody bags you have many  choices from £5 ......
Confirm 
And you are done .

Good kuck
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 12:53:07 pm by lebon121 »
Banned reason: White-knight
Banned by:

Offline Waterhouse

Nokia 6301 with O2 PAYG classic SIM from CPW... Pay cash so no paper trail or registration required. Also this SIM does not need monthly top-up to keep it active.  Phone available unlocked on eBay for reasonable price.  :hi:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 01:06:01 pm by Yondu616 »

Offline Hereatlee

Thanks for the explanation. All this available at Tesco? Ill be taking the express to Paddington and want to grab a burner phone quick as possible.

Then maybe I can accumulate a couple punts and post reviews to pay back the awesome info I've gotten here. Hard to contribute from the US.

Offline haggismccormick

Nokia 6301 with O2 PAYG classic SIM from CPW... Pay cash so no paper trail or registration required. Also this SIM does not need monthly top-up to keep it active.  Phone available unlocked on eBay for reasonable price.  :hi:
Agree with you but don't buy it on ebay. It will be on your purchase history for ages and if you pay with PayPal for ever.
Best place to get a handset is at Tesco or some other major retailer and an ordinary payg simcard at a different multiple retailer. Pay cash and never use it for anything except punting and then only for calling and texts. If you are vulnerable never email etc. a WG.