Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Can you tell which EE country someone comes from by their English accent?  (Read 562 times)

Offline NIK

I noticed a thread below distinguishing between Romanians and other EE's.
Now my question is if they didn't tell you would you actually know which country they came from?
Can you distinguish English spoken in one EE accent to that of another? They all sound the same to me.  :unknown:

vw

Very difficult to distinguish they all have the same pronunciation problems when speaking in English mainly caused by the lack of W in their alphabet.

Romanian sounds slightly French to me different from most EE

You can learn them all here from listening to the differences if you give a fuck !

External Link/Members Only

Offline The_Don

Now my question is if they didn't tell you would you actually know which country they came from?
Can you distinguish English spoken in one EE accent to that of another? They all sound the same to me.  :unknown:

Not all the time, but as I work with (and having punted a few) different nationality. I've picked up some basic words and this help me distinguish (on occasion). As some words may be pronounced, several ways.

But I've gotten it wrong as well, I mite look at some one, hear accent or a few words and ask the question and I'm wrong.

Offline NIK

Thanks for the responses so far. Of course the agenda behind this is that Romanians have such a bad reputation, but how do you know someone is actually Romanian?

Foe example my favourite Nicoletta is listed on her web site as being Czech. She isn't Czech - no she isn't Romanian either! but actually comes from the other side of Eastern Europe. Of course this is only going on what she has told me before she had the site and she may actually come from yet another EE country. I wouldn't know.  :unknown:

Aspen

Very difficult to distinguish they all have the same pronunciation problems when speaking in English mainly caused by the lack of W in their alphabet.

Romanian sounds slightly French to me different from most EE

You can learn them all here from listening to the differences if you give a fuck !

External Link/Members Only

It's quite good that link. Gets a bit tedious listening to the intro after the third time though.

Romanian accent sounds like a cross between Italian and French to me. Definitely one to be avoided.

Offline brushhand811

I remember booking Nicolette through an agency back in 2007, before I discovered AW.I noted her country of origin because we discussed several guys working with me from that nation. Always had good experiences with girls from there but now rare due to Romanians, Poles and Hungarians.

I still remember the vision of loveliness as I walked down steps to her basement flat in the Baker Street area, and saw here through the window. Up till then it was mainly walkups so she was a real eye-opener to what was out there.

Would be interesting to revisit as she still has some of the pictures on her website that were on her Barracuda profile.

Offline smiths

No I cant often and as some EE WGs have said they were from such and such a country the first time I punted with them then said somewhere else the second time I take it with a huge pinch of salt nowadays. Like with age there is a lot of widespread lying going on in my experiences.

Barry Shipton

Most EE girls will be from one of the Slavic language group countries and as they have similar pronunciation and grammar, most of use would be hard pushed to tell the difference between a Czech or Polish, Russian or Ukrainian girl from the way they speak, unless you happen to be a Professor of Linguistics.

But Romanians belong to the Romance group of languages because they were settled by the Romans - which is why they often try to pass themselves off as Italian or Spanish because they look and sound similar. French is in the same group so again speakers might sound similar.

Hungarians and Estonians belong in the same group as Finnish so again might sound different.

In the interests of science I am happy to do a research study of EE working girls if anyone would like to fund the research?

Offline The_Don

Most EE girls will be from one of the Slavic language group countries and as they have similar pronunciation and grammar, most of use would be hard pushed to tell the difference between a Czech or Polish, Russian or Ukrainian girl from the way they speak, unless you happen to be a Professor of Linguistics.

But Romanians belong to the Romance group of languages because they were settled by the Romans - which is why they often try to pass themselves off as Italian or Spanish because they look and sound similar. French is in the same group so again speakers might sound similar.

Hungarians and Estonians belong in the same group as Finnish so again might sound different.

In the interests of science I am happy to do a research study of EE working girls if anyone would like to fund the research?

Sorry I can't help with funds  :hi:

But others mite:
  :unknown:

Money no object

Money no object (yes v lucky boy!)

vt

I see you are a cunning Linguist!   :D

Midlane

Isn't it difficult enough telling what part of the U.K. someone comes from based on their accent? And when you can tell, actually understanding them?

Barry Shipton

I see you are a cunning Linguist!   :D

And I can do my cunning linguist research at the same time because even if my mouth is full my ears will be listening to every word they say!

Offline punk

Learn't to tell the difference physically.

Different nationalities seem to have certain characterises / mannerisms. When the E.E first came over i really couldn't tell the difference,they just looked and sounded bloody foreign.

Just like the English have certain tell tale signs to the french,spanish and italians etc.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:27:11 pm by punk »

Offline HappyandLucky

I have worked for years in Europe. Can get by in Polish, French, Latvian and Estonian. But when listening to most WG's I take a guess but am always wrong. Most Romanians say they are from somewhere else = another country. When I ask remind me of the capital city, most are flummoxed and give the wrong answer  :drinks:

Offline punk

If a Romanian prossie told me the sky is blue,i would want a second opinion.