Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Ratings - Legit massage  (Read 849 times)

Offline JontyR

We all have our different standards in relation to how we rate our punts when reviewing. And its quite right that the punter leaving the review decides the rating.

But I am always confused when someone goes to a legit massage provider, receives a legit massage, and then posts this as a neutral because there were no extras on offer.

From my perspsective if you get the services agreed, from the provider you expect from any photos, at the agreed price and its all done to a standard its a positive.

If you don't get the above I start pulling the rating down.

Similarly if there are other issues, short timing, distracted by phone, crap environment, hygiene, issues with shower / towels then this impacts on rating too.

I know some folks feel that as a punting forum any non provision of sexual services is a direct no-no and such reviews have no place here or that they are an auto-neg or neutral.

It strikes me however that giving a legit provider a neutral because there are no extras is like complaining that you can't get a steak at a vegetarian restaurant. Is there room for a discussion to see if there is a consensus for what a default rating for legit massage should be?

Offline lillythesavage

Reading the review and making your own mind up seems much easier than having a standard rating  :unknown:.

After all you have said the rating should be decided by the punter reviewing  :unknown:

Whether a red, grey or green, there are always other punters that read things differently, pick up on positives and negatives in the review and make there own minds up.

Offline Atrueyorkie

I’ve reviewed a legit provider a couple times and would primarily rate it as neutral. “I” feel that the majority of punters are coming to this site for those type of services so in my view even if it’s a plunge into darkness if I don’t get what I’ve set out for I’d rank it a neutral and simply advise not worth it. Might even title it legit so people can avoid.

I don’t log into ukp to check for legit providers and I’m sure a “majority” don’t.

I feel that it wouldn’t be a positive experience for the rest of the punters as they will likely be seeking the same thing. If I know beforehand the provider is legit I won’t even bother reviewing and I have masseuses that I go to from time to time for just a legit massage. Not a problem.

The fact that I’ve let a review is due me expecting services to be offered and in the event that it hasn’t to advise fellow punters that you’re probably not going to get any joy there.

Again it’s just a review. Intel. What the other punters decide to do based on that information is up to them.

Offline badsin

I've been a fan of erotic massage for years. I'd leave the review status to the punter. If you attend a legitimate establishment, it would seem harse to give them a negative for fulfiling their duties.
Best left with the reviewer in my opinion  :hi:

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
It strikes me however that giving a legit provider a neutral because there are no extras is like complaining that you can't get a steak at a vegetarian restaurant. Is there room for a discussion to see if there is a consensus for what a default rating for legit massage should be?
There's no such thing as a 'default rating', the rating of any review is totally down the the reviewer's opinion of his experience. To make a rule that a legit massage must be a given rating is totally against the ethos of this site.

There is a separate section for massage reviews and nowhere does it say these can't be legitimate. As with any review members should take from it what information they find useful and act accordingly. If any member thinks that a review should have a different rating to that given by the poster then they should treat it as they see it but respect the reviewer's decision to rate it as he sees fit.

There are loads of members who enjoy a massage for the quality of the massage itself and treat any extras as a welcome but unnecessary bonus.

Offline JontyR

There's no such thing as a 'default rating', the rating of any review is totally down the the reviewer's opinion of his experience. To make a rule that a legit massage must be a given rating is totally against the ethos of this site.

Sorry Davie, I didn't explain myself very well. It's just that it seems that the last few reviews for legit massages I have seen have been given as a neutral as no extras were offered. Right now we have 3 possible ratings, but for legit massages if the top mark is neutral we only have two, and as such its more difficult to evaluate one against another. Or if I am giving a legit massage a positive rating it may appear outstanding compared to reviews which can be no higher than neutral in the mind of the reviewer.

I'm probably still not explaining myself very well. 

There are loads of members who enjoy a massage for the quality of the massage itself and treat any extras as a welcome but unnecessary bonus.

I am one of these myself. I have a scale of local massage providers which varies from legit through progressive stages of raunchiness. Often it is the massage quality that will be the driver of the decision.

Online catweazle

IMHO, if you visit a massage shop,  and have no pre knowledge of whether  'extras' will be offered, then 'go with the flow'.  Most base prices for the massage are quite reasonable, so, in the absence of extra services, you've  paid for a massage.

If it was a superb massage, relaxed you, eased out the knots and tangles in your muscles, then score it a positive.

However, if it is known from prior knowledge (or through research on UKP) that extra services are routinely offered, BUT you aren't offered any, then I'd go with the neutral rating.

Offline LLPunting

I don't believe reviewing a legit massage here when there's no justifiable expectation of anything extra isn't wise because:

- Non-punters searching the internet for legit massages could end up here and question the masseuse/establishment, leading to more contempt and condemnation for UKP.

- Similarly legit masseuses/management who are checking their internet presence could end up here and could confront management, which if it doesn't go well again adds to animosity.

- There's the chance that the punter could be identified and challenged if he books with the masseuse or establishment again.

- Any implication by a review that whilst unsuccessful the punter feels emboldened to try again to solicit extras will simply lead to the lady being harassed by all the boundary pushers lurking here.

- There are probably other scenarios that don't paint us in a good light and perhaps expose punters to risk.

If you want to review a legit massage there are plenty of better, more public, less contentious places to do it.

Sure we could just shrug it off as we're already pariahs but why dig a deeper hole?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 02:25:15 pm by LLPunting »

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Sorry Davie, I didn't explain myself very well. It's just that it seems that the last few reviews for legit massages I have seen have been given as a neutral as no extras were offered. Right now we have 3 possible ratings, but for legit massages if the top mark is neutral we only have two, and as such its more difficult to evaluate one against another. Or if I am giving a legit massage a positive rating it may appear outstanding compared to reviews which can be no higher than neutral in the mind of the reviewer.

I'm probably still not explaining myself very well. 

I am one of these myself. I have a scale of local massage providers which varies from legit through progressive stages of raunchiness. Often it is the massage quality that will be the driver of the decision.
I understand what you mean but to be honest what rating the reviewer gives his review is largely irrelevant, it's only his opinion. This is why I keep stressing that the reader should take what information from the review he finds useful and act accordingly.

As long as the review is an accurate reflection of the services offered and how they were delivered then we can make an informed choice. If I go for a massage I want a good massage and if I read a neutral or negative review of a masseuse because no extras were offered but the massage was very good then I would discount the reason for the low score and treat it as a positive as that is what I'm looking for. Likewise if I was after extras I would know to avoid as they aren't available.

Massage reviews are a massive part of this site and if anyone searching for a legit massage lands here they will see the the place is legit and don't offer extras.

The top thread by views is Suspected AdultWork Scams with 1.75 million views, second is the NE massage thread with 1.5m and third is the London massage shop mini reviews with 1.25m so if anyone thinks that massages aren't popular they are wrong.

Offline Thephoenix

Sometimes I want a good quality legit massage.
I will almost certainly go to a masseur/masseuse who I have reasons to believe provide that service, either through reviews on UKP or elsewhere, previous visits, or just making a general judgement of the advertisement.

Other members have the same view.

If I rate the legit massage worthy of a positive review, that's what I'll give.
The massage section is there to include legit massage.

Other times I'll visit a premises to TOFTT, often because it's newly opened or questions have been asked in the region.
I'm now going there to find out if extras might be available for the benefit of other members.
I did this for a new place in Llandudno members were asking about.

In this case I'm hoping extras might be available but if not I accept the result and make the most of the massage.

The difference between the two for me is that as I'm anticipating the possibility of extras, therefore I'm a bit disappointed, so 'my experience' is less than positive.

As long as enough details are included, it's up to other members what they think.

The important thing is that members make their own reviews.

Offline Celtic 69

It seems to be a contentious issue posting reviews of legit massage on here sometimes as some members don't like reading them & often seem to get a bit upset?

Personally I think there is plenty of room on here for all types of reviews. I've posted a few positive reviews of what has turned out to be a legit massage because the massage was a good standard, place was clean/tidy, masseuse was friendly / decent looking & generally VFM. Then if I hadn't felt comfortable to ask for extras (especially on 1st visit) I have asked on this forum if any other members have visited them & their experiences.

For me & I've often commented, I would prefer a HE from a good looking professional therapist even if it takes a few visits to achieve this rather than a HE from an older woman (normally thai / Chinese) working at the establishments we all know your guaranteed extras, but that's just my preference.

The term WSWS is often used on here and I am one that definitely enjoys that aspect of punting. How would any of us know what therapist offer extras & what therapist completely do not if we all didn't TOFTT and review legit massages sometimes? Especially when using something like Gumtree adverts.

As some of you have already mentioned, every member should read the reviews with an open mind & if it's not for them, so be it & move on. For the many of us that enjoy a good professional massage the info on here is extremely useful.