Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punting Phone  (Read 6850 times)

Online webpunter

Just be aware that android dictionary isn't incognito - chances are ukpunting.com and adultwork.com are in your android predictive dictionary now,
I typed ukp (currrency) and android helpfully showed ukpunting.com as one of the completions  :scare:
LOL - I'm gonna get a cheap PAYG smart phone to replace the nokia.  Texting via my trusty nokia isn't so quick.  Ii've used my smart phone to very very occasionally check on AW - on incognito etc - when the mood & opportunity present themselves.  Plus i've had to use the maps function on main phone & its a ball-ache to clear out.  Plus i've got the nagging doubt that i haven't quite done this all properly + i don't like having location switched on on main phone etc - if i'm somewhere where i'm not meant to be [to use maps etc]

Offline emkay

I won't have a smart phone as a punting phone. I've and EE PAYG in a tatty old phone, but I've loads of tatty old phones lying round the house.

Siadwel

Of all the devices I have, I find the one that would trip me up would be my satnav.

I'm living alone, so I don't really have to worry about it, but every now and then, when I put it on charge, I clear out the 'Recent Addresses' log. Sometimes, if I've been particularly flushed with cash and particularly active, it reads like a 'Punting Atlas' of South Herts and 9 o'clock to 12 o'clock of the M25.

One to bear in mind, maybe.

Offline ArtVandalay

Just be aware that android dictionary isn't incognito - chances are ukpunting.com and adultwork.com are in your android predictive dictionary now,
I typed ukp (currrency) and android helpfully showed ukpunting.com as one of the completions  :scare:

What  phone are you using? unless its a Google Nexus phone then it probably doesn't come with the Google Android keyboard. I personally haven't had that problem with the stock android keyboard. Swiftkey was storing everything in the predictive text so it was quickly uninstalled, never to be used again. Android however has been fine, the keyboard doesn't use any predictive text when typing in the chrome address bar or the Google Now search box

Offline od13218

Of all the devices I have, I find the one that would trip me up would be my satnav.

I'm living alone, so I don't really have to worry about it, but every now and then, when I put it on charge, I clear out the 'Recent Addresses' log. Sometimes, if I've been particularly flushed with cash and particularly active, it reads like a 'Punting Atlas' of South Herts and 9 o'clock to 12 o'clock of the M25.

One to bear in mind, maybe.

Very much so! I was almost caught out by that once (remembering in the nick of time to delete before the OH was about to take the satnav for a trip of her own!) and find it easier to use my regular smartphone for navigation, deleting punting postcodes straight after the punt - or even on arrival before going in.

Offline Mr Farkyhars

(remembering in the nick of time to delete before the OH was about to take the satnav for a trip of her own!)

I take it that she didn't comment on the blankness of the satnav history when she returned? :hi:

Online webpunter

Can you just imagine the OH phoning up & saying when were you in XYZ ?  You would then have to think very quickly as that shiver goes right through you [i had one when i realized just how close i was to being caught]  :scare:   Fuck - these recent posts have got me just a little concerned.  Pretty sure i cleared mine out after a recent punt.  Have just sent myself a message about some business stuff / reminder - with check bizzo meet location added.  Which means i won't forget tomorrow hopefully.  Tip to all re smart phone maps - check 'favourites' as well as 'recent' as i had one pop up - fuck knows how

Online webpunter

I take it that she didn't comment on the blankness of the satnav history when she returned? :hi:
My fucking sat nav only clears the whole lot & not individual addresses.  I had that question once when the OH was in the car and said she would put the details in when i was driving.  Instant thought 'did i clear it out ??'.  My answer was that when flat battery a while back that this must have cleared out everything - fucking pain in the arse etc as i would now need to re-input addresses etc.  If you want any more get out of jail satnav excuses then PM me coz not best to have everything on here - with our friends over @ MN etc

Offline od13218

Ha ha, no, luckily I can delete individual addresses! Otherwise it's like a deleted browsing history- classic red flag.

Offline anonyorks

Dusted off my punting phone yesterday to find out the credit I had on there had "expired" so I had to get another £10 top up for it that I have to use in 30 days. Called from that and sorted the punt. It's a smart phone so I used its own sat nav to the punt. Fully wiped/reset the phone and put it back in it's safe place where it is perfectly discoverable after . Sim card put somewhere sensible but again fine if discovered.

I tried to look at the agency site to look at the girl I saw (review to follow) and it was blocked by o2 until I verify I'm over 18 so get all numbers/info etc you need from your own wifi before just in case.

Offline thefoxman

What  phone are you using? unless its a Google Nexus phone then it probably doesn't come with the Google Android keyboard. I personally haven't had that problem with the stock android keyboard. Swiftkey was storing everything in the predictive text so it was quickly uninstalled, never to be used again. Android however has been fine, the keyboard doesn't use any predictive text when typing in the chrome address bar or the Google Now search box
Its a samsung phone,  using the standard samsung keyboard - I've not changed it from stock.

Offline wheeliebinwanking

So what's the consensus on Swift Key then? You can tell it not to remember everything you typed and you can delete what it predicts

Offline mf_1101

Actually going shopping this morning for a Punting Phone, though I am single, and I am not worried about people getting on my phone, I think it's important to protect your personal details, I been taking too much a risk up until now. We all read the horror stories of people's identity being leaked ruining their careers, families and also blackmail....can happen to a single guy too.

Offline mf_1101

Finally got one, a little Samsing, £9 with £10 credit, £19 + 4p for texts, 8p per minute for call - that should last me a good 15-20 punts (or two years the credit lasts for) - I think that is a nice trade for peace of mind knowing you can't be traced back.

Sunnysunny

Finally got one, a little Samsing, £9 with £10 credit, £19 + 4p for texts, 8p per minute for call - that should last me a good 15-20 punts (or two years the credit lasts for) - I think that is a nice trade for peace of mind knowing you can't be traced back.

Can you give me more details of this phone and which chain you got it from. I have a dumb phone and texting the girls is a right PITA!
A small cheap (preferably unlocked) smartphone is what I'm looking for

Offline Marmalade

I think this is one of the most easily overlooked troubles. It is so easy to start typing as you are chatting in civvieland saying let's look it up and your phone tries to 'help' you. Google+ wants to 'help' you do just about everything you've ever done before and so does Siri. And don't forget your clipboard where you pasted stuff. You can either switch all such options off permanently and various other 'security' measures or (what I usually do just now) overwrite them as well. If you really need to check out private things before going on your civvy date, use a separate browser.

Access both from Google, no android predictive dictionary then, delete history, all gone
Plus a few other bits!

Offline HawkG

Obviously you are a single bloke, but still a punting phone is the safe bet.

Agreed. And don't do anything to link punt phone with real one (e.g. when struggling to find one, don't call it from the other one)

Offline HawkG

Set Safari (or whatever browser you use) into Private Mode.  "Incognito" as Chrome calls it.

Offline HawkG

PS A 50p Asda SIM (which uses the EE network) gives you ten minutes and ten texts and some data.  Almost worth picking up a bunch and using them on a disposable basis

Offline AnthG

Can you give me more details of this phone and which chain you got it from. I have a dumb phone and texting the girls is a right PITA!

My advice is go to CEX and get a B grade locked Blackberry Curve for about £25 (or even C grade if you really just want it for punting). You can get the unlock code for them for 60p via ebay (If you buy the unlock code via the american Ebay.com site they charge $1 for unlock codes. in the UK its £1. But $1 = 60p. Its the same code you get so buy it via Ebay.com, and its the same login details. This is what I did to get mine and worked great.

The best (Last) model Curve released was the Blackberry Curve 9320

You can then get either Three Mobiles 321 Pay as you go sim. Or if you want an EE network then Delight Mobiles Pay as you go sim.

Both of them is 3p per min calls, 2p a text and 1p a MB of data.

This would be a fantastic punting phone as the keypad on the curves are great for typing. Its actual keys as opposed to onscreen.
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Marmalade

I think that could become standard info. Suggestions? Amazon has unlocked phones from under a tenner and dual sim ones from about £13 but a basic smartphone is a bit more. Just saw a second hand HTC Desire C Unlocked for £25. A s/h Nokia 5230 for £34 and another for £25. My guess is that a new smartphone might be about £50. Of course most people will want iOs or Android though.

Offline Marmalade

I see Anth posted while I was still typing. Sounds good info. There's some phones that cost nearly as much to unlock as replace.

Sunnysunny

Is it worth using my old iPhone 3GS as a punting phone? It's been lying around the house for 3 years, but still works after set it to default using iTunes.
1. Are iPhones the worst, in this scenario? (Backups,history,apps,general traceability)
2. Can anyone suggest a cheap android phone (preferably unlocked), if option 1 is not a good idea
3. How do I get around the adult content bar, with some carriers. Three,O2,Vodafone

Hiding it isn't an issue, as I have lots of old phones lying around and this one will be password locked.

Edit: I see some of you have answered parts of this post.thanks. Will go look on Amazon, and get hold of a three 321 payg sim
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:40:42 am by Sunnysunny »

Offline Marmalade

What about this? A fully featured PAYG Vodaphone own-brand android smartphone for £20.

External Link/Members Only

Sunnysunny

What about this? A fully featured PAYG Vodaphone own-brand android smartphone for £20.

That looks pretty much on the money.cheap and disposable.

Offline AnthG

Is it worth using my old iPhone 3GS as a punting phone? It's been lying around the house for 3 years, but still works after set it to default using iTunes.
1. Are iPhones the worst, in this scenario? (Backups,history,apps,general traceability)
2. Can anyone suggest a cheap android phone (preferably unlocked), if option 1 is not a good idea
3. How do I get around the adult content bar, with some carriers. Three,O2,Vodafone

Hiding it isn't an issue, as I have lots of old phones lying around and this one will be password locked.

1&2. Any smart phone will be equally as bad. Android OS or IOS has largely the same functionality so both will be a risk.

If you use the iphone you could just never connect it to your PC to allow it to ever backup to the PC. There won't be any more IOS updates on the Iphone 3GS so there is no need to ever really connect it to the PC once setup.

Just put a password onto the iphone to mean nobody can get into it but you so you are secure if you never back it up to itunes or use stuff like a Gmail account that syncs content to it. (so basically have your own punting email account and use that on the phone).

3. The easiest way is to use Opera Browser and then use Turbo mode. This uses Operas own proxy and thus filters websites through it to save on bandwidth. But because it is using Opera's proxy it means network blocking does not occur. If you do not want to use Opera the only other way is to use VPNs on the phone.
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Marmalade

I think everyone's situation is different. The 3Gs can be damn slow but you've got access to all the basic smartphone features. iPhone security generally is pretty good in some senses though I can't remember how many features are on the iPhone (eg remote wipe). If you have lots of phones lying around then you could password-lock it and say you've forgotten the password if anyone wants to know.

Offline datyman

I have just been to tesco and bought a punting phone cost £12.99 for phone and £10 credit bargain not work the risk of using main phone ;)

I have always used one from the start of my preferred hobby (2010) I could not imagine maintaining discretion without it!  :thumbsup:

Sunnysunny

marmalade and anthG - thanks for all the advice. Will try those suggestions out on the 3gs and see how I fare.

Offline datyman

I use a Motorola moto E, it is an unlocked Android smartphone under £80. It is 4G LTE ready which is useful if you need to connect to AW or UKP. For me it has really made punting when travelling a lot easier as before I used to use a combination of phone and laptop which required me to be at my hotel for the Internet connection  :thumbsup:

Offline Marmalade

Anth: I'm not 100% sure about Opera mini. You can set private browsing on Firefox as a default whereas I don't think you can with Opera mini. It's supposed to be faster, but that's just at the best of times and although I have it on my phone (together with three of four other browsers, including Startpage) I can't say I've used it much. Some people say it's a slight security risk for things like banking details (topping up a small AW a/c for those that do, or a Skype/Swytch a/c) and it does have the ability to sync to your other devices if you are unconscientious enough to let it. There's several browsers that never remember anything, but I've found that not worth the trouble.

Just
A) locking the iphone,
B) using a separate email that's not synced
C) switching off Cloud and not connecting it to a computer
D) using a non-synced browser
E) disabling popup notifications on text messaging
F) not installing Whatsapp or unneeded non-punting apps
sounds fine to me so far.

I'd double check that a Mac won't open any pictures on a 3Gs but apart from that just locking it with a non-guessable pin should be enough shouldn't it? Proxy settings are to stop your ISP snooping but probably unnecessary for punting. The time they would be helpful though is when you want to access UKP or AW on a public wifi that blocks adult content.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:11:44 am by Marmalade »

Offline Marmalade

I used to use a combination of phone and laptop which required me to be at my hotel for the Internet connection  :thumbsup:
Good point. I used to travel with a laptop a lot which is great for some things: but you can't get it out in the street to check the map as you're walking along, and connectivity can be a pain.

Online webpunter

F) not installing Whatsapp or unneeded non-punting apps
On my punting smart phone i find WA & Viber useful.  Some AW girlies like texting on these as its free.  I've made calls as well - again free.  Better on wifi.  But no sync to PC & put in fake details on set-up.  A few times different pics are sometimes showing too

Online webpunter

If you have an iPhone as mobile then IMO better not to have one as punting mobile.  iPhones seem to have a habit of trying to connect if both on the same wifi for example  :scare:  Fuck know what the settings should or shouldn't but the issue evaporates if different.  Just need to have a different charger in the car.  Thus have something else which has the same lead connection etc

Offline Marmalade

I'm seriously thinking of trying one of these in the shop and then buying it online. Looking at a couple of reviews, main downsides mentioned are that it is slow and that it has a TN (poorer visibility in sunlight) screen. But for £20...

Offline Marmalade

WA and Viber sound fine if you have a separate fake account so it doesn't connect to civvie contacts and ID. I'm adding Swype to make calls to people who don't have those as it is cheap to make ordinary calls to a landline or standard phone, doesn't come up as a withheld number, and allows me to dispose of the number if a prossie turns awkward.

Charging leads are a right bloody pain. Apple just love bringing out fancy new connections that cost the earth and no-one else actually wants. For any sort of travelling a single charger is essential for me now. If I really have to have two leads I take a mini mains plug with a standard USB socket for any cable. You do have to watch them though as some charge very much faster than others (same I think with cables). If I'm taking a single cable with me of course I try to check it has data transfer capability (laptop/civvie phone) as well as just charging.

Offline Steve2

Sainsburys now have a SIM card £10 top up and use when you want not like a lot of others where it's £10 a month top ups now .

Sainsburys mobile is closing down this month

Offline rg41

Is there a genuine payg sim available? All seem to need topping up every 30 days.

Yes ASDA.

Offline Marmalade

Yes ASDA.

Are you sure?

Their website says:
Will my bundle allowance roll over if I don’t use it within the 30 days?

There is no roll over with our bundles. Any minutes, texts or data left after 30 days will expire. You can keep a check on what you have left by texting 'BAL' to 2732 or by calling 2732 from your Asda Mobile and listening to the balance checker on the automated service.

Offline rg41

Are you sure?

Their website says:

They do bundles which as you say last for 30 days but they do a PAYG as I am on and that lasts for either when the credit runs out, I believe you need to make a chargeable call every  3 months and calls are 8p per minute and 4p text.

Offline Marmalade

They do bundles which as you say last for 30 days but they do a PAYG as I am on and that lasts for either when the credit runs out, I believe you need to make a chargeable call every  3 months and calls are 8p per minute and 4p text.
Thanks for the info.  :hi:

Offline rg41

Thanks for the info.  :hi:

I forgot to say they use the EE as their carrier.

Clarkson

You can top up via voucher at most shops and if you don't register the account (or add a real address) they don't keep the delivery address so it's anonymous.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 01:20:12 pm by Clarkson »

jcdmj12

So what's the consensus on Swift Key then? You can tell it not to remember everything you typed and you can delete what it predicts

Better, but deletion is still unreliable - I get ukpunting popping up on mine from time to time

Online webpunter

I've decided to go upmarket - to distinguish myself from other run-of-the-mill punters.  This one is on its way to me.  Its only 15.50

Offline chris_jp2

Look, you just cannot beat a discreet basic phone

onion

Previously I used my own number, thankfully nothing has happened and no number showing online.

But I use an old school brick nokia now on a separate sim.

Something like this

Offline HawkG

Getting anonymous SIMs is trivial, 50p cash at Asda gets you a SIM with 10 minutes, 9 texts, and some data, included. It's like you just use one, burn it, and switch, without topping up.

But it needs to be in an anonymous phone. Where can you get a cheap phone for cash with no details given?  I don't care about features, my current punting phone is an iPhone 3G which is so slow now it's crazy compared to current iPhones, but it doesn't matter as I use it for nothing other than text/call. But it's known to be my phone, so it's not anon.

texasjapan

nokia 1110i cant go wrong top up with cash never card
your sorted
drug dealers get away with a lot worse than us chaps using this fine piece of technology  :cool:

Online webpunter

But it needs to be in an anonymous phone. Where can you get a cheap phone for cash with no details given?
You can get these from the high street mobile shops - but handset is locked & they will ask you for details.  My response was 'do you want to sell the phone'.  They either didn't bother writing down or made up the details.  And pay cash.  Probably better to pick one of the shops which sells 2nd hand ones - like the places on Tottenham Court Rd in London, if you've been there.  Better if foreign owned shops in this instance.  No Q's etc