Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: WhatsApp privacy settings - reminder  (Read 1501 times)

Offline WKD123

Curious thing happened today (not on the way to the Forum...)  I found some messages on my punting phone which was a new Group set up by a WG I have never visited but did message a couple of times to try and set up a meet (googled the number and found the person).  I was made Admin of the group and 13 contacts were added some of which had their profile pictures and names visible. I hastily left the group - assumed the WG in question had her phone hacked or stolen.

I took all the usual precautions when setting WhatsApp up on my phone, but forgot part of the 101 WhatsApp for Punting - disable the ability for people to add you to groups.  Duh!

So, warning to all of you to not be as dumb as me and make sure you have gone through all your privacy settings and for goodness sake use some random label nothing related to your name, UKP ID etc.

Offline Billy no mates

Nod for the casual brilliant movie reference  :hi:

Offline tynetunnel

Thanks for the tip, changes implemented  :thumbsup:

Offline IceColdSeas

This is my first post on this forum but i'd like to say thank you for the heads up. It's quite surprising what things get added to app updates :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 10:01:32 pm by IceColdSeas »

Online badsin

Punter got some random WhatsApp messages from a previous number associated to a dubious agency in Nottingham.
Watch your security guys: https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=372368.0