Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: New car, running costs Diesel versus petrol  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Blackpool Rock

Exactly!  (Didn’t know they owned many of the others or their full name ).   :coolgirl:So I expect quality to be reasonable with a VW without forking out extra for the Audi name, paying more for insurance and servicing, etc. I’m sure some elements of an Audi vs VW will be superior but probably something superficial
Personally i'd avoid anything from VAG and go either Jap Toyota or Honda or if you're not bothered about the badge Kia or Hyundai

My personal experience of owning a VW wasn't good though admittedly in the late 80's / early 90's but i'd bought it on the strength of them being reliable (remember the advert if only everything in life was as reliable as a VW, thankfully the rest of life was more reliable than my car  :rolleyes:)
Something went wrong every month and I do mean every month, normally just small things rather than major engine issues but every time I went in the VW garage to get a replacement part the lad behind the counter would comment "Ah yes that's a common problem with these"  :dash:

Oh and I was also asked what car I was fitting the part to when I gave them an actual part number, when I asked why they needed to know whether it was a VW; Audi or a Porsche I was informed there were 3 different prices depending on the car I had  :scare: Surely that can't be legal  :unknown:

Finally got shot of the VW and bought a Cavalier Mk2 with the 1.8i engine and no problems for 4 years with that despite thrashing the fuck out of it (I wouldn't buy a modern day Vauxhall), only ever had Jap cars since Toyota; Subaru x 2; Honda x 2 and no issues

Edit - Where I worked also had VAG cars and there were numerous expensive problems with them, from a pool of 5 cars an Audi diesel needed the injectors replaced and Skoda diesel needed a replacement turbo, some of the others also had problems though i'm not sure exactly what they were.
Bottom line is VAG aren't as good as they make them out to be  :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 06:52:45 am by Blackpool Rock »

Offline hairdownthere

Exactly!  (Didn’t know they owned many of the others or their full name ).   :coolgirl:So I expect quality to be reasonable with a VW without forking out extra for the Audi name, paying more for insurance and servicing, etc. I’m sure some elements of an Audi vs VW will be superior but probably something superficial

Look at Cupra, better interior quality than Audi, all the same parts under the skin and you wont look like a twat.

Hyundia/Kia self-charging hybrids are very good, the same engine/charging gear is used in Nissan/Renualt/Dacia.

Toyota's self-charging running gear is also used in Lexus and Suzuki

Online Dipper

Offline Darren101

Any thoughts on Kia Niro?

Cupra look nice but not spotted anything within my budget yet.  They’re not that common in my area.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 11:19:52 am by Darren101 »

Offline advent2016

Some older Teslas have free supercharging. A chap has a non runner, but still retains the free charging. He has worked out how to charge other cars for free by fooling the Superhub into thinking his say BMW is a Tesla and getting 80kWhs of charge for free. This certainly breaks Tesla's T&C, but if the charging is free is it actually fraud?
Some charge places are free at certain times. I took an EV to a Pod point at 1am and it charged up to 60kW for £1 (service charge). Driving an EV is generally much cheaper than ICE, typically about 1/3 cheaper even when using the really expensive 80p per kWh on the motorways a bit like diesel that is over £2 a litre.