Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Shock horror: does Birchill have a brain??  (Read 605 times)

Offline Marmalade

“Woke is the roar of smug, entitled mediocrities everywhere: The insanity of a world where Thomas The Tank Engine, craft beers and even country walks are branded racist drives Birchill to despair”
Quote from: Birchill
As the insanity picked up velocity, one cultural artefact after another went up in flames, lest it offend somebody.

First they came for our TV memories. Fawlty Towers (don’t mention the war), the Dukes Of Hazzard (a car decorated with a Confederate flag) and Songs Of Praise (whose producer likened people singing Rule Britannia to neo-Nazis celebrating gas chambers).

Then they came for cartoons. On Disney’s streaming service, classics such as Dumbo, Peter Pan, Lady And The Tramp and The Jungle Book were preceded by the dire warning: ‘This programme includes negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people or cultures. These stereotypes were wrong then and are wrong now.’

They came for the museums. The Natural History Museum’s Charles Darwin collection was targeted because he had voyaged to the Galapagos Islands on ‘colonialist scientific expeditions’.
External Link/Members Only

I am a little puzzled: is this the same Burchill that said, “When the sex war is won prostitutes should be shot as collaborators for their terrible betrayal of all women”?

That she can seem spot on with some things yet completely up her never-fingered arse on others might suggest she is either schizophrenic or just a bit of a cunt who likes attention. Basically, Jeremy Clarkson with any humour circuits ruthlessly removed.

Yet the woke crowd can also rejoice: she gives a nice long shopping list of things to remember then you can go home and think of others: white-privilege SUVs perhaps, or black-phishing minis.

She won’t be taken seriously. She isn’t funny. If you could genetically breed clickbait she would be an early prototype, an also-ran not even in the human race, just a ball of gunk that utters generic pish at full volume.

Offline Bogof60

I take it you are not a fan of our Julie then Marm  :cool:
Banned reason: Abuse of a mod.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline mr.bluesky

I take it you are not a fan of our Julie then Marm  :cool:

Never heard of her  :unknown: had to google her to see who she is

Offline Colston36

“Woke is the roar of smug, entitled mediocrities everywhere: The insanity of a world where Thomas The Tank Engine, craft beers and even country walks are branded racist drives Birchill to despair”External Link/Members Only

I am a little puzzled: is this the same Burchill that said, “When the sex war is won prostitutes should be shot as collaborators for their terrible betrayal of all women”?

That she can seem spot on with some things yet completely up her never-fingered arse on others might suggest she is either schizophrenic or just a bit of a cunt who likes attention. Basically, Jeremy Clarkson with any humour circuits ruthlessly removed.

Yet the woke crowd can also rejoice: she gives a nice long shopping list of things to remember then you can go home and think of others: white-privilege SUVs perhaps, or black-phishing minis.

She won’t be taken seriously. She isn’t funny. If you could genetically breed clickbait she would be an early prototype, an also-ran not even in the human race, just a ball of gunk that utters generic pish at full volume.

Shame about her. She was fit as fuck when young, got on the booze and became very fat (or "curvy" as fat women now call it) I get the impression she writes her stuff when pissed or hung over. It worked for Hemingway and Fitzgerald but not her.

Offline superchamp

I remember when she wrote for the NME back in the day. She was a big part of the "build them up, then knock 'em down" culture that pervaded British music journalism.

Online willie loman

she is just another glenda slagg, she does her fellow women no favours,

Offline Adoniron

She once had a career but that was 30 years ago and she is now desperately trying to remain relevant.

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
Odd how people are too quick to point out Darwin was a racist, but they remain quiet on him promoting eugentics.

Offline Squire Haggard

More on the relentless tide of this stuff.  They want to rewrite history. Its straight out of 1984.

''Researchers are reviewing more than 10,000 books and magazines to expose authors who have been ‘offensive to historically enslaved, colonised or denigrated people’.''

Offline Colston36

More on the relentless tide of this stuff.  They want to rewrite history. Its straight out of 1984.

''Researchers are reviewing more than 10,000 books and magazines to expose authors who have been ‘offensive to historically enslaved, colonised or denigrated people’.''

My collateral ancestor was Edward Colston, a dreadful shit - but many people including Charles 11 invested in slavery. Oddly enough most of my partners for many years - and two wives - were black or close to it. And most of them thought this endless display of white guilt pointless.

Offline Adoniron

My collateral ancestor was Edward Colston, a dreadful shit - but many people including Charles 11 invested in slavery. Oddly enough most of my partners for many years - and two wives - were black or close to it. And most of them thought this endless display of white guilt pointless.

I fail to understand why poor white people should feel guilty about what rich white people did 300 years ago.

Offline JamesKW

I fail to understand why poor white people should feel guilty about what rich white people did 300 years ago.

Exactly,most poor whites at the time were treated like slaves in factories and lived in work houses (200 years ago) also quite a lot werent around in this country anyway,many came from Ireland,Italy,Poland etc.

Offline Aldebaran

Exactly! What purpose does it serve?

Offline Aldebaran

I doubt very much whether Rider Haggard or John Buchan will be spinning in their graves. When I was at secondary school in the 60s we had a complete twerp of an English teacher who I once had a real argument with in class because he called John Buchan a neo Nazi. Same guy hated James Bond movies because of the violence. I guess wokeism started early for some.

Offline tynetunnel

Spot on. I fuc**ing well don’t feel guilty at all. I wasn’t there and didn’t do it. These things were of their time and can’t be erased. The most important thing is to remember them and learn from them, so they aren’t repeated. Same as the atrocities in the Second World War, the unspeakable murder of millions. The last few survivors are rightly adamant that the world should never forget, the story should continue to be told, not buried or airbrushed

Online willie loman

I doubt very much whether Rider Haggard or John Buchan will be spinning in their graves. When I was at secondary school in the 60s we had a complete twerp of an English teacher who I once had a real argument with in class because he called John Buchan a neo Nazi. Same guy hated James Bond movies because of the violence. I guess wokeism started early for some.

i am not sure what wokeism means, but thinking james bond is a load of crap, is surely an indication of good taste.

Online willie loman

Odd how people are too quick to point out Darwin was a racist, but they remain quiet on him promoting eugentics.

i have read a little about Darwin, but was unaware that he was a racist or in favour of eugenics, he was a man of his epoch, he had a handicapped child i believe. eugenics was pretty mainstream until the 50s

Offline Marmalade

i have read a little about Darwin, but was unaware that he was a racist or in favour of eugenics, he was a man of his epoch, he had a handicapped child i believe. eugenics was pretty mainstream until the 50s

Slavery was pretty mainstream as well for a time but no-one seems to be demanding notices outside Roman Catholic chapels drawing attention to their involvement in it!