Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: new london congestion charging - 24th Oct  (Read 943 times)

Offline webpunter

External Link/Members Only

" From 25 October 2021, the existing central London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) will expand to create a single larger zone up to,
but not including, the North Circular Road (A406) and South Circular Road (A205) "

Thought i would mention as if UKP'ers have OHs a fine for non payment dropping through the letter box could cause problems
Like where did go on such & such a date
Doesn't affect me however i have looked at the cost of driving into london inside the new area

There is an wasy way to avoid a fine, simply register your motor with TFL & add a credit card for automatic billing
So if you didn't realise you drove into the area covered or forget to pay then nowt in the post [tho there is a £10 admin fee per year] 

Offline lillythesavage

I mentioned elsewhere, if your car is not compliant and you go in before the date it starts keep an eye on your mail.

THE CAMERAS ARE LIVE, and I received a letter of warning that my vehicle will be charged from the due date.

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

I remember a time not that long ago, you could drive from Cambridge to the cloisters and park almost outside, have a very good time and come home again no charges or faffing aound!, them's were the days:)...

Offline webpunter

There is some faffing around
Tho its trying to find your way out of the rabbit warren
There must be at least two, i'd suggest more exists
I'm thinking i am well & truly lost
 :lol: :dash:

I remember a time not that long ago, you could drive from Cambridge to the cloisters and park almost outside, have a very good time and come home again no charges or faffing aound!, them's were the days:)...

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Did i tell you (bore rather) of the time i get a door number given to me with a couple of digits transposed and the girl well, looked similer but anyways had a bloody good time, then got a call or text from the agency as the girl i was supposed to see wondering if i was coming or not! Did call into see her and explain the agencys fault and saw her around a week or so laters and anoter good time was had:)

We used to call it nine floors of whores!..

Offline lillythesavage

There is some faffing around
Tho its trying to find your way out of the rabbit warren
There must be at least two, i'd suggest more exists
I'm thinking i am well & truly lost
 :lol: :dash:

No problem getting out of the London rabbit warren these days, you have little choice but to join the single file queue on the main roads, just so they make sure a camera gets you  :D

Offline Blackpool Rock

Another good reason (As if any more were needed) to avoid London  :thumbsdown:
I had to drive through central London about 10 years ago and admittedly there were road works blocking off a couple of roads but it was total gridlock, as I recall it took me over 2 hours to go 4 miles FFS  :dash:

Offline lewisjones23

Another good reason (As if any more were needed) to avoid London  :thumbsdown:
I had to drive through central London about 10 years ago and admittedly there were road works blocking off a couple of roads but it was total gridlock, as I recall it took me over 2 hours to go 4 miles FFS  :dash:

I have had to misfortune to need to drive in central London only once,
needed to go to the old American embassy

Never in my life will I do it again, I will literally exhaust every other single option before doing it

Offline Gordon Bennett

Virtually all town and city centres are congested nightmares for cars. But, most of them are relatively small so they're tolerable. London's is just too big, covering a lot of square miles. To be fair, anyone who doesn't know that central London is a no-no for cars deserves to sit in a gridlocked jam for 2 hrs.

Offline JamesKW

Luckily I use public transport for punting,but for other stuff I do it is a pain in the butt,I refuse to drive into the new zone to give Sadiq extra money,hopefully when those it effects the most realise the consequences there will be an outcry and they backdown until at least they get the night tube running again.

Offline webpunter

I was referring to getting out of the warren which is 9 floors [or is it 10 ?]   ;)

No problem getting out of the London rabbit warren these days, you have little choice but to join the single file queue on the main roads, just so they make sure a camera gets you  :D

Offline webpunter

What are the chances of that - a number transposition & both apartments are used by hoors ?
Not boring
One of the punting experiences you won't forget

There was some stuff in the media couple of years ago, recall some couple were jailed for running a pro$$ie ring at 9 floors
With the building owned by some Peer type bloke in the House of Lords
Who apparently knew nothing about hookers renting rooms  [ edit:  yeah right  :sarcastic: ]
One of the tabloids estimated that 15% or more of the rooms were rented by brass 

I recall some UKP'er posted a few years ago that he got caught punting in 9 floors
Finishing the session he walked out & bumped into a [female] friend of his OH who had the apartment opposite
He knew he was 'dead in the water'
How unlucky is that !  :dash:

Did i tell you (bore rather) of the time i get a door number given to me with a couple of digits transposed and the girl well, looked similer but anyways had a bloody good time, then got a call or text from the agency as the girl i was supposed to see wondering if i was coming or not! Did call into see her and explain the agencys fault and saw her around a week or so laters and anoter good time was had:)

We used to call it nine floors of whores!..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 05:29:22 pm by webpunter »

Offline Steve2

What are the chances of that - a number transposition & both apartments are used by hoors ?
Not boring
One of the punting experiences you won't forget

There was some stuff in the media couple of years ago, recall some couple were jailed for running a pro$$ie ring at 9 floors
With the building owned by some Peer type bloke in the House of Lords
Who apparently knew nothing about hookers renting rooms  [ edit:  yeah right  :sarcastic: ]
One of the tabloids estimated that 15% or more of the rooms were rented by brass 

I recall some UKP'er posted a few years ago that he got caught punting in 9 floors
Finishing the session he walked out & bumped into a [female] friend of his OH who had the apartment opposite
He knew he was 'dead in the water'
How unlucky is that !  :dash:

She was probably pissed off that he hadn't booked her  :lol:

Can't see many legit females booking there

Offline Problem Child

These charges are likely to continue to spread to every town and city and within a decade  or two there will probably be charges for all roads.
With the phasing out of  petrol/diesel  , the exchequer will be losing a lot of income from taxes on fuel, which will have to be made up somehow. Possibly a mileage tax either based on your vehicle size or a different flat rate for cars/vans/ hgv‘s etc

Offline lillythesavage

These charges are likely to continue to spread to every town and city and within a decade  or two there will probably be charges for all roads.
With the phasing out of  petrol/diesel  , the exchequer will be losing a lot of income from taxes on fuel, which will have to be made up somehow. Possibly a mileage tax either based on your vehicle size or a different flat rate for cars/vans/ hgv‘s etc

Apparently black cab drivers are having problems with home chargers for the new cabs, they want a business rate for the power they use.

hydrogen fuel cells will save that and other problems, the tax will go on the hydrogen at the pump.

Offline Problem Child

Apparently black cab drivers are having problems with home chargers for the new cabs, they want a business rate for the power they use.

hydrogen fuel cells will save that and other problems, the tax will go on the hydrogen at the pump.
Do hydrogen fuel cells really have a chance to be viable though?
I’ve not read anything about them for a couple of years, but I thought we were a long way away from a solution that was safe and affordable?

Offline king tarzan

Everything in London is changing for the worst..
Screw thew motorists.. crime to have a car, punish us everywhere every angle..
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Horizontal pleasures

If you live in London, drive out and then return is there a charge?
Thanks.

Offline lillythesavage

Thanks.

Yes, there are no resident discounts either, if you are parked within the zone you do not have to pay, if you move the car inside or in and out of the zone you must pay, or hope a camera has not caught you.

Offline george r

thank fuck i dont live there..having said that been there plenty of times and always enjoyed it  :thumbsup:
but the taxi drivers are cunts, they here your accent and rider around in circles  :angry:

Offline lillythesavage

Do hydrogen fuel cells really have a chance to be viable though?
I’ve not read anything about them for a couple of years, but I thought we were a long way away from a solution that was safe and affordable?

Yes, California has always been the leader in low emission vehicles for many years, they had anti smog systems going back long before CATS, and DPF, Toyota and Hyundai have put a lot of money into design and testing in California.

Electric is very old technology and has given a quick fix in a quick push away from fossil fuels, these give a clue to how old.

External Link/Members Only.

The word in the trade is hydrogen fuel cells will take over, and one guy well up in the trade suggested to me that Afghanistan was dropped because the minerals being protected are no longer needed, make of that what you will.

Real world driving tests available on youtube, show how claimed charge distances for electric cars are way over the top, Tesla while going furthest had the lowest percentage against claimed miles, bare in mind the warranty only covers batteries going below 70% of full capacity and in the test against 5 other premium electric cars it only covered 73% of the claimed miles and you do the math.

The model 3 used does not really compare to the other vehicles used, only in price I guess.

There are problems with both, but then there was with petrol a hundred years ago, but batteries require a never ending supply of minerals, recycling could not cover demand, and fuel cells need a lot less battery power and there is also the option of the Hydrogen combustion engine which is also being explored.

Offline JamesKW

Thanks.

I am guessing this is going to be a real problem for some,a situation where they can only drive around within the zone without inccuring charges.There is a shopping area in Tottenham just within the zone,it could mean those visiting from outside zone will incurr a charge.I dont think many realise the consequences and this may lead to an outcry,also I think they should wait until the night time tube is operational again before opening the zone..
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 11:46:15 am by JamesKW »

Offline lillythesavage

I am guessing this is going to be a real problem for some,a situation where they can only drive around within the zone without inccuring charges.There is a shopping area in Tottenham just within the zone,it could mean those visiting from outside zone will incurr a charge.I dont think many realise the consequences and this may lead to an outcry,also I think they should wait until the night time tube is operational again before opening the zone..

You have got it completely wrong, it makes no difference if you live in the zone. If you drive within  it you are liable to the charge.  :hi:

Of course only if your car is non compliant.

There are lots of shopping centres directly off the boundary road that lead nowhere other than the shops, they could have excluded those just by not fitting a camera, but that will not make money.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 12:39:26 pm by lillythesavage »

Offline Eggbert

My car is nearly 15 years old and exempt. Don't know many people who are caught by ULEZ so I assume it's mainly targeting diesel cars and older cars that contribute heavily to pollution. Sure it will expand over time both in terms of geography and the type of cars that are caught by it.

Offline lillythesavage

My car is nearly 15 years old and exempt. Don't know many people who are caught by ULEZ so I assume it's mainly targeting diesel cars and older cars that contribute heavily to pollution. Sure it will expand over time both in terms of geography and the type of cars that are caught by it.

I just sold my runaround, that was just over 20 years old and fine for the Zone, most 2001 on petrol cars are but not all, so check.

The year guide they are using is misleading. Check if in doubt. The easiest check is your V5, if it says Euro, 4/5/6 for petrol or Euro 6 only for Diesel it is fine.

Many Jaguar/Land Rover vehicles you think are ok are not, they were very late meeting Euro 6 standards, probably because they did not cheat  :D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 03:07:16 pm by lillythesavage »

Offline tynetunnel

Many Jaguar/Land Rover vehicles you think are ok are not, they were very late meeting Euro 6 standards, probably because they did not cheat  :D
You’ll be ok in a VW Group diesel of any vintage!  :dance:

Offline lillythesavage

You’ll be ok in a VW Group diesel of any vintage!  :dance:

If only lol, still got to be Euro 6 Diesel to avoid the charge, though I think some earlier than 2016 are officially Euro 6 if not really  :D

Offline webpunter

back in the day i had two motors with CO2 @ > 300g / km
& this was the average
give it the beans & as the economy drops towards single digits it must be higher
sounded amazing, used to drive round with the window slightly open quite a bit of the time  :yahoo:

Offline lillythesavage

back in the day i had two motors with CO2 @ > 300g / km
& this was the average
give it the beans & as the economy drops towards single digits it must be higher
sounded amazing, used to drive round with the window slightly open quite a bit of the time  :yahoo:

This is why the new ULEZ zone is a load of bollocks, CO2 was why we were directed towards diesel, but a 2003 Bentley W12 6 litre @ a claimed 318g of co2, can be driven all day and night in the zone, and it most certainly will produce more pollution than it did new in 2003, while my mates 2013 1.6 diesel Hyundai that does around 2k a year, most of it outside the zone, has had to go.
There is no rhyme or reason behind it.

Offline Blackpool Rock

This is why the new ULEZ zone is a load of bollocks, CO2 was why we were directed towards diesel, but a 2003 Bentley W12 6 litre @ a claimed 318g of co2, can be driven all day and night in the zone, and it most certainly will produce more pollution than it did new in 2003, while my mates 2013 1.6 diesel Hyundai that does around 2k a year, most of it outside the zone, has had to go.
Yes we were pushed towards Diesel to reduce the CO2 but then suddenly we were told that the emissions from Diesel were worse such as NOx
From what i've read the ULEZ zone is about reducing these other emissions rather than CO2

Offline lillythesavage

Yes we were pushed towards Diesel to reduce the CO2 but then suddenly we were told that the emissions from Diesel were worse such as NOx
From what i've read the ULEZ zone is about reducing these other emissions rather than CO2

It is all a load of bollocks, the whole country will be forced to buy new or nearly new cars eventually, no matter how many particles the Dpf collects it still comes out in smaller particles every time it regenerates, which means cleaning itself.

I recently too a Fiat camper van with a 2.5 turbo diesel engine for mot test, a 1996 vehicle, the tester said he had never had a 3 year old diesel with lower Emissions on his test equipment, how an engine is cared for plays a big part.

Any car that gets to the point of a blocked DPF has had it opened up and the filters removed, they still pass the mot and no one has a clue, but it is CO2 they blame for global warming but still big producers of it are free to enter the zone free of charge though it probably uses more fuel in a few weeks than the old boy used in a year.

These Zones, whether CC or Ulez increase traffic on the boundary roads, which move slower and pollutes more, it does not blow the other way because there is a zone it is not allowed in.

So people are being brainwashed into electric, which will go the same way as diesel when hydrogen is perfected, there is not an never ending supply of minerals just like oil, and they just walked away from those in the ground in Afghanistan, as someone else pointed out, the green rush is happening before viable replacements are in place, but it makes money in so many ways.

Offline webpunter

The bad news
One of my motors was 317g  :dash:

The other was 346g
Shut the front door  :yahoo:

And not like a Lambo / Fezza anything like that
Motors you would see when out & about, now & again

PS - one of my mates had a Continental 6.0
Leather in abundance
Sure a suede roof lining
He would take civvys out & with the leather smell & throbbing engine tingling their flaps their nics were already sliding down before he started making any play on them

Offline Taggart

A point ref congestion charging, if you or a family member has a blue disabled badge, you can register two cars with TFL (copy of badge needed) and you become exempt. You need to set up an account.

Offline lillythesavage

A point ref congestion charging, if you or a family member has a blue disabled badge, you can register two cars with TFL (copy of badge needed) and you become exempt. You need to set up an account.

Vehicles registered on disabled road tax are also exempt from the ULEZ until October 2025, as they are for the CC and road tolls. Numbers of those has greatly increased in the last few months around London, everybody suddenly loves their disabled friends and relatives, especially those who do not drive.  :D

Offline Plan R

STRIKE 1  I went whoring in central London recently ( https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=320390.0 )
Then got a letter through the door from TFL, along with a nice £80 extortion notice.  This was a result of not being aware of the new rules.

STRIKE 2
Shortly after that, I signed up to the TFL auto pay site ( External Link/Members Only  ), to avoid another £80 fleecing or any correspondence.
Happened to go whoring in London again this Sunday 16th Oct, (review pending)
Then, checking my bank a/c online today Tue 19th Oct, and there it was...  TFL £10 taken for my Sun trip into London.
Very clearly labeled on my transactions list, with the date and 'London congestion charge' it was too.

Now it's good that the system works, but my point is either of the above could leave a punter with some embarrassing questions to answer from the Mrs.
Mrs:  (Rolling pin in hand...) "and what precisely were you doing driving round London last Sun night ?...Eh?..Eh?? "

I don't live with a woman these days, and even if I did I wouldn't give her access to my bank a/c - but even so - technology can be  a menace !!  :scare:

Online GingerNuts

STRIKE 1  I went whoring in central London recently ( https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=320390.0 )
Then got a letter through the door from TFL, along with a nice £80 extortion notice.  This was a result of not being aware of the new rules.

STRIKE 2
Shortly after that, I signed up to the TFL auto pay site ( External Link/Members Only  ), to avoid another £80 fleecing or any correspondence.
Happened to go whoring in London again this Sunday 16th Oct, (review pending)
Then, checking my bank a/c online today Tue 19th Oct, and there it was...  TFL £10 taken for my Sun trip into London.
Very clearly labeled on my transactions list, with the date and 'London congestion charge' it was too.

Now it's good that the system works, but my point is either of the above could leave a punter with some embarrassing questions to answer from the Mrs.
Mrs:  (Rolling pin in hand...) "and what precisely were you doing driving round London last Sun night ?...Eh?..Eh?? "

I don't live with a woman these days, and even if I did I wouldn't give her access to my bank a/c - but even so - technology can be  a menace !!  :scare:

Presumably those strikes are against yourself.

The new rules haven't come into effect yet so you must have incurred the fine based on the existing rules which have existed for years. You paid the second congestion to charge to Transport for london, what did you think was going to appear on your transaction list other than a reference to one or both of those things?

Offline Plan R

The new rules haven't come into effect yet so you must have incurred the fine based on the existing rules which have existed for years. You paid the second congestion to charge to Transport for london, what did you think was going to appear on your transaction list other than a reference to one or both of those things?

It came as a surprise as I have driven to London punts plenty of times in last few years, usually on Sundays and never got any kind of fine or charge.

A number of the payments listed as leaving my bank a/c (house insurance for example) are listed in an obscure way and I have to figure out
what the debits are in reference too.
I had no expectations one way or another, was just noting that these TFL debits make it very clear what they are for - it was a heads up to anyone entering into the auto pay system.