Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: TV ads you hate  (Read 15209 times)

Offline sparkus

Charlie Brooker's 'Screenwipe' used to have a 'Great Cocks of Advertising' section, and as we're all cooped up indoors still here's mine:

1. The Domino's family and their Himalayan Herrings
2. The checkout woman on Confused.com
3. Snoop Dog and his Just Eat delivery boasts

Offline wearegreat

I used to absolutely hate the "Shake and Vac" advert back in the 80s. :scare: :scare: :dash:
Banned reason: Multiple Profiles - James, James021, Londontiger, wearegreat
Banned by: CoolTiger

Offline Ghost89

Cilit bang with that shouty cunt Barry Scott.

Calgon. Badly dubbed and grating.

But what I think pisses me off the most is the Nationwide ads where a never ending monologue is delivered about something pointless.

Offline sparkus

I used to absolutely hate the "Shake and Vac" advert back in the 80s. :scare: :scare: :dash:

Yeah but she was masking the smells of a swinger's party :sarcastic:

Gio Compare can do one.

Offline Billy no mates

Any Christmas advert, that portrays the idealistic ‘perfect Christmas family’ all getting along together.
Reinforcing the loneliness on, I imagine, the vast majority of the country.

Anyone who uses the phrase “Hey guys, ........ like, comment and subscribe”, when self advertising.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 04:20:51 am by Billy no mates »

Offline mikecee

Offline lamboman

The Numan adverts

Spot on ever louder banging noises how would that not be annoying.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

I rarely watch a programme when it’s actually broadcast so that I can watch it when it suits me, so I fast forward through the ad breaks.

Offline Corus Boy

The 'Step One' bamboo underware!

Peleton adverts.

Adverts for women's panty pads, I just don't want to know!

Just about any over 50s Life Insurance.

Offline standardpostage

All of them. They ruin the viewing experience.

Offline The Film Director

All of them. They ruin the viewing experience.

+1

But the Peloton ones really get on my tits .... even if encouraging exercise is probably a positive.

Offline Corus Boy

+1

But the Peloton ones really get on my tits .... even if encouraging exercise is probably a positive.

Did you forget to "...Bring your thunder???"

Offline Londonpunter30

But what I think pisses me off the most is the Nationwide ads where a never ending monologue is delivered about something pointless.

Not sure how the execs watched this back and thought they were a good idea.

The AA advert makes no sense to me.

Any car advert that doesn’t actually show the car

Offline garfield

All them charity ones do my head in, trying to eat your dinner and there showing abused donkeys

Offline Ghost89

Daisy jacobs.... daisy daisy daisy daisy. Fucking irritating!

Offline winkywanky

Charlie Brooker's 'Screenwipe' used to have a 'Great Cocks of Advertising' section, and as we're all cooped up indoors still here's mine:

1. The Domino's family and their Himalayan Herrings
2. The checkout woman on Confused.com
3. Snoop Dog and his Just Eat delivery boasts

Absolutely ANY fucking advert where they say we got this or you got this. I just want to throw a brick at the TV. Luckily I watch little ITV but if I do I'll timeshift it so I can FFWD through the ads  :P.

Similarly every bloody fast food ad, especially Just Eat (and yes, Snoop Doggyfuck or whatever his skinnyassed name is  :dash:). That's not a brick, that's a breezeblock!

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24

Absolutely ANY fucking advert where they say we got this or you got this. I just want to throw a brick at the TV. Luckily I watch little ITV but if I do I'll timeshift it so I can FFWD through the ads  :P.

Similarly every bloody fast food ad, especially Just Eat (and yes, Snoop Doggyfuck or whatever his skinnyassed name is  :dash:). That's not a brick, that's a breezeblock!
Watch it on 'catch-up' they take the ads for you. They only show the program sponsor.   :hi:

Offline myothernameis

The 'Step One' bamboo underware!

If you dont like them, there free, wonder how many have done this, sorry I dont like them

Offline winkywanky

Watch it on 'catch-up' they take the ads for you. They only show the program sponsor.   :hi:

Not always in my experience?

Although that may be to do with if I click on a previously-shown programme from the schedule on my Virgin box and view it that way? Some of them have actual adverts, normally the more recent ones.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator

Not always in my experience?

Although that may be to do with if I click on a previously-shown programme from the schedule on my Virgin box and view it that way? Some of them have actual adverts, normally the more recent ones.
Everyone I've watched on catchup (from the home button) have had the adverts edited out, I put it down to the number of times the ads are paid for.   :unknown:

Offline sparkus

Everyone I've watched on catchup (from the home button) have had the adverts edited out, I put it down to the number of times the ads are paid for.   :unknown:

On the Channel 4 one you're just forced to watch trailers for their other programmes.  It's Youtube that sucks for bombarding with loud ads for amazon etc. every five videos.

Online l4at

Lloyd’s, the horse and the emotional music. Grates on me.

The dominoes one is annoying, at the end the girl says ‘yeaaah’ when agreeing to ordering the pizza, she could definitely do with a smack.

Just Eat, not the snoop dogg one but the other one with the woman who randomly changes outfits etc. This one has annoyed me to the point of never ordering from Just Eat ever again.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
On the Channel 4 one you're just forced to watch trailers for their other programmes. 
I haven't noticed that, it must be the type of programs I watch.   :unknown:

Offline mikecee

The moneysupermarket ads are bad enough but the voiceover man makes me reach for the mute button.  Imagine propping the bar up with him.

Offline winkywanky

Perhaps it is, plus the fact that on older programmes the ads will be out of date?

Offline Corus Boy

Offline catweazle

I've been idly working through a series on Sky One (Seal Team).  Series 1 to 3 were on catch up, and ad-free. In Series 4 (currently running) there are adverts even when watching on catch up ( should have noticed that the run time went up from 43 minutes to 55 minutes for series 4).

Offline sparkus

The moneysupermarket ads are bad enough but the voiceover man makes me reach for the mute button.  Imagine propping the bar up with him.

That's Matt Berry, who's someone's avatar on here as it happens.  He also starred in that drama about the prostitutes killed in Ipswich.

Quite weirdly I have seen him in a bar too (was by himself and kept looking at everyone in that kind of 'If you recognise me come over' way (I've seen several celebs do this, including Dave Gorman).

He did make a good album of TV theme tune cover versions a year or two back: External Link/Members Only

Offline sparkus

The Radox bath advert, only as I want to munch on the wet mango of that mixed race woman in the bath.

Offline mikecee

That's Matt Berry, who's someone's avatar on here as it happens.  He also starred in that drama about the prostitutes killed in Ipswich.

Quite weirdly I have seen him in a bar too (was by himself and kept looking at everyone in that kind of 'If you recognise me come over' way (I've seen several celebs do this, including Dave Gorman).

He did make a good album of TV theme tune cover versions a year or two back: External Link/Members Only

You learn something new every day.

Offline Ghost89

Ads for vagisil. Surely they could have named it something more discreet. They may as well have called it cuntscrub.

Offline Podger

Not an advert as such but the Chicago Town pizza intro to adverts on Sky, the one with the red goo oozing out of a pizza crust looks like something off Dr Pimple Popper.

Offline sparkus

Ads for vagisil. Surely they could have named it something more discreet. They may as well have called it cuntscrub.

This from Basildon's finest is funny as fuck: External Link/Members Only

Offline Markus

Go Compare and the Just Eat Snoop Dog adverts.  Talk about adverts costing you business. I for one wouldn’t give either company a penny.

Offline Jimmyredcab

All Coronavirus propaganda adverts, a total waste of taxpayers money, if people don’t want to comply then adverts will make no difference.   :bomb:

Offline David1970

EE advert, trying to tell the gullible they should have phone envy, fuck off

Just Eat with the low life criminal Snoop Dog, a company that caters for the lazy and fat
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 06:25:29 pm by David1970 »

Offline sparkus

EE advert, trying to tell the gullible they should have phone envy, fuck off

Just Eat with the low life criminal Snoop Dog, a company that caters for lazy fat fuck.

Who the fuck starts a conversation with someone sat next to them in the park about their phone?

Offline winkywanky

Who the fuck starts a conversation with someone sat next to them in the park about their phone?

I did that and it ended up in a court case  :D

Offline willie loman

the ads on youtube are so frequent, that i gave in, and paid premium to avoid them, havent watched tv for at least a year, but in fairness some of the ads are better than the actual programmes.

Offline rockstar

The GoCompare adds now show the silly fat fucker in real life - as if anyone gives a flying fart in a hurricane. Never used it once as a direct result of that bloke !

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
the ads on youtube are so frequent, that i gave in, and paid premium to avoid them, havent watched tv for at least a year, but in fairness some of the ads are better than the actual programmes.

Out of interest, how much is it to subscribe to youtube?
Are there different levels of subscription?
Paid monthly or annually?

Offline Corus Boy

The GoCompare adds now show the silly fat fucker in real life - as if anyone gives a flying fart in a hurricane. Never used it once as a direct result of that bloke !

He's a singer, doing an acting job, he works to a script, designed and produced by someone else, all he's doing is earn a living like the majority of us.

Far from silly in my eyes.

Offline WDFORTE

Lloyd’s, the horse and the emotional music. Grates on me.

Very much this ^ also I hate the Jet2 advert and that dreadful 'Hold my hand' song.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
Very much this ^ also I hate the Jet2 advert and that dreadful 'Hold my hand' song.

I read somewhere that even the original singer of the song hates it now.

Offline sparkus

He's a singer, doing an acting job, he works to a script, designed and produced by someone else, all he's doing is earn a living like the majority of us.

Far from silly in my eyes.

Welsh solidarity?

Skirting the No Politics Rule as far as can, he will either go up or down in people's estimations when they know he's a Tory Party fundraiser celeb (which shows how few celebs they can actually pull in for that).  He was also the main 'entertainment' act at the opening of Tottenham's new stadium (FFS...)

Offline David1970

Used to hate these adverts with a vengeance, but since he has become himself I like them. He is a very good opera singer in in real life

Offline Corus Boy

Welsh solidarity?

Skirting the No Politics Rule as far as can, he will either go up or down in people's estimations when they know he's a Tory Party fundraiser celeb (which shows how few celebs they can actually pull in for that).  He was also the main 'entertainment' act at the opening of Tottenham's new stadium (FFS...)

People solidarity over Welsh solidarity.

I'm no lover of the adverts and do not encourage me to use the product but I am amused by the skilled production and scripting of the adverts over the years and not only when he was at the heights of his unpopularity they turned it around in the campaign where he was ambushed and shot with a fake cannon.

Offline winkywanky

Out of interest, how much is it to subscribe to youtube?
Are there different levels of subscription?
Paid monthly or annually?

External Link/Members Only

£12/mth. Interestingly, about the same as the BBC Licence fee.

Offline winkywanky

When you look at TV ads and why you hate them, you need to consider one very important thing:

The vast majority of TV ads are made for/aimed at women
. In most relationships they are either the major spender of individual or joint funds, or at the very least have the most vocal input into the spend.

Look at how many ads for chocolate and sanitary products, and look at the roles male and female actors play in ads aimed at couples. The guy is often stereotypically portrayed as gormless or football loving, the woman as discerning and analytical. I think many guys would particuarly take issue with the latter.

Make the ad either soft & fluffy or make the guy look like a simpleton, and you have the female £ all the way.