Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Inflation on punting  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Jujy78

So I had a punt yesterday pretty long distance 2 hours drive there and back. On the way back I stopped at a McDonald's and ordered a big Mac meal and a quarter pounder. Came to around £10. Giving my age away here but used to work in McDonald's as a teenager and used punt around the same time we're talking 1998. Anyway so the thought came in my head how a meal used to be £2.88 and a burger £1.89. so the meal I had would've come to less than £5 in 1998 so it's doubled. Then I thought about punting prices in 1998. I remember in Soho I used to pay £20 for a quickie and £100 for the hour. Independent SP were around £100 to £120 mark back then. Would anyone agree that the price for punting hasn't increased much over the years. I think some people do charge £140 and anything up to £200 but I think the average is still on the £120-£130 mark

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
Sorry but I'm going to say it......

Here we go again, 1998 is over 25 years ago of course a McBollocks has gone up  :lol: :lol:

There are literally dozens of threads about prices, inflation,  rising costs of punting bla bla bla ad infinitum just do a bit of a search there are at least 2 or 3 on the first 2 pages here  :hi:

Offline Punterperson1971

Op like miss wolf had said this has been done to death now

Online jamiekinkxxx

You've been a member since 2018 and you seriously don not think this has not been talked to about to death  :dash:

Online jamiekinkxxx

Just for the record I can remember paying (quite regulary) £750 for 3 hours back in 1999.

Offline Maak

Punting prices are all over the place. Some WGs are still £60- £80 for 30 mins. Some WGs have increased to £100 -£150 for 30 mins..

I find WGs who use their home for incalls, their prices have remained reasonable. WGs that use hotels have increased their prices, as hotel prices have gone up too.

Offline akauya

If I had a quid for every thread going on about prices I would have saved enough to go through the whole UK Glamour Girls catalogue  :D

Online Fuzzyduck

If I had a quid for every thread going on about prices I would have saved enough to go through the whole UK Glamour Girls catalogue  :D

I'm interested in the economics if he could afford to punt £100/hr girls in Soho at that time when the minimum wage for teenagers was around £3/hr. I think I would have invested in Diamond White and tried to shag the local girls.

Offline Jujy78

I'm interested in the economics if he could afford to punt £100/hr girls in Soho at that time when the minimum wage for teenagers was around £3/hr. I think I would have invested in Diamond White and tried to shag the local girls.

I was on £5hr myself. Did alot of overtime so earned around £900 to £1100 a month. Lived with my parents so paid nothing in rent or bills whatsoever. My only bill was a mobile phone bill which was about £25 a month. At the time most of my money was spent on punting, night outs, PS1 games and movie dvds. Later on I did invest

Offline alabama1

I wouldn't worry about inflation too much OP. It's not going to have a major impact on your wallet, judging by your review rate on here.  :sarcastic:

Online jamiekinkxxx

I wouldn't worry about inflation too much OP. It's not going to have a major impact on your wallet, judging by your review rate on here.  :sarcastic:

:lol: :lol:

Online Fuzzyduck

Everyone thought it...

Offline alabama1

Everyone thought it...
Hoping it will be seen as banter by the mods. Fingers crossed !  :D

Offline jesse4585

Would anyone agree that the price for punting hasn't increased much over the years.
Yes, agreed. The  £120-130 average you quoted may be a bit low, esp. for London. But you're right , WG hourly rates haven't really increased that much since the 90s. This is even clearer if rather than comparing to MackyDs,  we compare to pussy inflation.   By pussy inflation I mean the massive relative gain for lasses in the dating market, at the expense of young men.

('Dating market' is just a metaphor, I'd agree with any fluffys who claim that it doesnt capture the whole of civvy romance, the magic of love etc. But the market metaphor helps one understand what's happening at a society wide level.)

Back in the 90s, as fuzzyDuck suggests,  an average bloke could easily pull his share of civvies if he made the effort. And sometimes that effort was little more than buying a couple of cans of cider.   Vastly harder for the average young bloke to score these days... Pussy inflation since the 90s probably over 500%. Studies have found over 50% of 20-30 year old men are single,  close to 30% not having sex even once in the last year.

This has all been discussed before, so let me put something new on the table.  The single biggest cause of pussy inflation, and for that matter the decline in SPs (esp young native brits)  is falling birth rates.   

Falling birth rates is the fact of facts for understanding what's been going on here.  To see why they make such a difference, one also needs to consider the tendency for a good proportion of young women to chose to pair up with older men.  When we have rising birth rates like back in the 60s,  only a small proportion of young women were lost to older men.  One of reasons for the summer of Love.  But now, after decades of sub replacement level falling rates,  older men (e.g. the 40-50 yr old cohort) heavily outnumber 20-30 year old women; they're taking a much higher proportion.   So no where near enough lasses to go round for young men, and hence pussy inflation.   Other causes play a part, but falling birth rates are a much bigger driver than trivial factors like Feminism or OnlyFans.

Taking this back to punting, a big reason for punt inflation staying relatively low, is the fact falling birth rates less of a thing in LatAm, and there is much financial hardship there.  Basically, the Brazillians have saved punters bacon!

Offline versace

• Temp ban until
    25/05/24 @ 09:11
  • Reviews: 80

lol

Offline Spacecowb0y

Pick a price point your comfortable paying.
Food, clothes, cars, punting

Personally, I won't pay over £150 / hour

If every girl were over that, my punting days would be over  :cry:

Offline Charliehutton

Can't say I've noticed any significant inflation. Most of the parlours near me upped their half hour price by £10 after covid, although at one busy place it's still the same £60 it was when I first went 7 years ago, and may have been for years before that, for all I know.

Which is cheap as chips, really, considering the overheads it has to cover; rent, rates, utilities - the place must cost a fortune to heat in winter - cleaning, laundry, routine maintenance, phones, advertising, receptionists salaries and God knows what else I haven't thought of. Plus a worthwhile profit for the owners, too, of course. By the time the girls have covered their own expenses - some of them travel a long way to get there - there can't be all that much left, I'd have thought.

Oops, I'm digressing into more well-worn territory! :D