Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Full STR/STI checkup  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Pixelated_crumb

What does a full comprehensive STD/STI checkup consist of?

I’ve been to the NHS and because I don’t tell them I punt, I worry that they treat me as a low risk and give me the generic checkup (Blood/Urine sample + examination of penis) as opposed to a full checkup.

Is there more to it than a blood and urine sample?

Online happygolucky

You might have to pay, but there are some private clinics around. Google STI testing clinic in your local city and see what comes up. You can always try calling them, but often they list test "packages" on their website. They will do things like "standard screen" and "complete screen". Bigger cities will have more options for this.

Offline PunterNumber69

I paid for a check up at one of those walk-in clinics.  They did blood, urine and used a cotton bud type thing on the inside of the penis. It cost £200 and I got my result in 2 days by post.  The result paperwork listed various STIs they checked for.

The SH:24 tests covered the standard tests. If you say you have anal sex with a male partner then I think they send you additional bits for an anal swab.  The SH:24 tests are discreet, free and pretty quick.

Online JontyR

I’ve been to the NHS and because I don’t tell them I punt, I worry that they treat me as a low risk and give me the generic checkup (Blood/Urine sample + examination of penis) as opposed to a full checkup.

Every question they ask when you go to the NHS will have a potential outcome. It may be that you get a swab from here, a sample from there, an offer of this, a suggestion of that.

If you don't want to say that you see sex workers, why not say you ave found out that one sexual partner you have you suspect of being a sex worker?

Fair play for getting tested. I don't think there is enough talk about this on here. But don't sell yourself short by not telling the truth. Trust me, they don't care, they see much more on any day than you can tell them. Their motivation is the sexual health of the population and judging your sexual practices is very low on their agenda.

They have also heard every cover story under the sun and they let them all pass because they care more about getting you the tests you require than whatever you have to tell yourself to get them done. I reckon they are also used to people coming in, rejecting a suggestion of something and then returning with an incredible coincidence that just happened to need the suggestion they first mooted soon afterwards. 

Strange though, in all of my visits to the clinic I can never recall having a specific routine penile examination.

Offline snaitram99

So what do you tell them? There is no reason not to tell GUM clinic you see Sex Workers. They will ask about activities and judge risk accordingly. Most have heard it all before. You don't have to give your real name. Use your punting phone number for contact details. They will want a postcode, I think for recharging purposes, but first half e.g. CF43 is sufficient.

Offline signy

They will ask about activities and judge risk accordingly.

One question that they will probably ask is "where did you see a sex worker?" i.e. city/county/rough area. Don't be fazed by this, they are not interested in your activities, but rather are monitoring for clusters which can then be used to target remedial work.

Offline yandex

The staff in NHS clinics have zero interest in who you are having sex with. They have seen and heard it all before and there will literally be nothing you can say that will shock them.
Their motives are to stop the spread of sti's and in the health and wellbeing of people who end up there in a non-voluntary fashion.
Just tell them the truth next time, it won't go any further than the 4 walls of the examination room. I have worked with a number of GUM clinic staff and their level of paranoia about confidentiality is at least 5 levels above anyone else in the NHS.

Offline JamesKW

I have never said I punt,they normally ask the nationalities of the girls I have had relations with,mine are normally South American,plus EE and some Africans this would normally indicate higher than normal risk.I have never done more than blood and urine sample.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 01:24:19 pm by JamesKW »

Offline PunterNumber69

The staff in NHS clinics have zero interest in who you are having sex with. They have seen and heard it all before and there will literally be nothing you can say that will shock them.
Their motives are to stop the spread of sti's and in the health and wellbeing of people who end up there in a non-voluntary fashion.
Just tell them the truth next time, it won't go any further than the 4 walls of the examination room. I have worked with a number of GUM clinic staff and their level of paranoia about confidentiality is at least 5 levels above anyone else in the NHS.
But they do ask a question about whether you pay for sex or at least they did. They've not asked the question the last two times I've been tested. However I do get a funny look from the nurse who asked me the "have you ever paid for sex" question.

Offline Stevelondon

Just say “I’ve got a girlfriend. Of course I pay for sex”

Offline boozer

I usually do not mention paid sex at checkups but do mention my female partner and I visit swinger clubs and that I am bi so they normally do a full check. Funny watching them completing the form, their hand has usually hovered presumptuously over the 'no' box before they've finished asking the question. I must look boring and straight!

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

You allways pay for sex one way or the other, its never free;!...

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider
Many authorities will not provide oral swabs for heterosexual men, unless they have symptoms.

I think Smiths and others have posted here about strategies to obtain these tests, because oral does carry some risks and the urine, penile swab, bloods do not cover oral gonorrhoea and oral chlamydia. Some of the online and private packages do not cover this, the oral swabs have to be requested.

Worth knowing for anyone concerned about OWO.

As a female sex worker I have to specifically request oral swabs at the clinics I use and have learned to always ask even with same staff each time, they just don't offer them routinely. Once or twice when I didn't ask I left having forgotten, returned fairly quickly either same day or by appointment a few days later.

Offline rowlock

Are there any decent tests you can order online for doing at home, or are they all a bit shit?

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider
Are there any decent tests you can order online for doing at home, or are they all a bit shit?

I can recommend SH:24 and also Superdrug Online Doctor

Offline norwichfunseeker

The NHS ones from ICash in Anglia is free and good.
Discrete packaging, finger prick for a blood test, and urine test, post back for free, and results by text a few days later.
Always worked for me.

External Link/Members Only

« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 06:48:04 pm by norwichfunseeker »

Offline The0neAnd0nly

The NHS ones from ICash in Anglia is free and good.
Discrete packaging, finger prick for a blood test, and urine test, post back for free, and results by text a few days later.
Always worked for me.

Likewise I've used the below several times and found it really easy and discreet to use. Covers a much wider area then I originally thought:

P.s if getting blood out is like blood out of a stone try doing it straight after exercise. I swear I'm a robot as hardly any blood ever comes out but does help!

Offline norwichfunseeker

P.s if getting blood out is like blood out of a stone try doing it straight after exercise. I swear I'm a robot as hardly any blood ever comes out but does help!

You could do it after a good punt, especially if you have some time left, the wg could help you.

Offline Neverthere

I've used fettle External Link/Members Only a few times and no issues, quick delivery, discreet packaging  and quick turnaround on results.

Blood sample always the hardest but as others have said bit of exercise to get blood pumping works.
What works for me is hot shower, or to have a hot drink and keep mug in hands for 5 mins to warm up hands, blood flow no problem. 

Offline JamesKW

But they do ask a question about whether you pay for sex or at least they did. They've not asked the question the last two times I've been tested. However I do get a funny look from the nurse who asked me the "have you ever paid for sex" question.

I have never been asked that question for years,just the nationalities of the girls.

Offline JamesKW

Home tests are awful,I did one last year due to COVID restrictions,I spent half an hour trying to drain enough blood out of my fingers,it was very messy,sent it off and got a rejection because there was not enough blood to sample.I am waiting for the clinic to reopen.

Offline pa5151

Home tests are awful,I did one last year due to COVID restrictions,I spent half an hour trying to drain enough blood out of my fingers,it was very messy,sent it off and got a rejection because there was not enough blood to sample.I am waiting for the clinic to reopen.

Yeah I agree that blood one is horrible, I use the Biosure one (at Boots, Amazon etc) not as accurate but accurate enough and takes 15 minutes.