Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: BEWARE MAP APPS AND LOCATION HISTORY - MY WIFE WENT CRAZY WHEN SHE FOUND IT  (Read 20753 times)

Offline Plan R

Sorry for whats unfolding in your life OP...
Fuck remembering every-time to 'switch off this, and dis-enable that, on a 'smart' (spyware) device  :bomb:

Hidden Image/Members Only  +  Hidden Image/Members Only = :cool:

Offline dirkdiggler583

It's been doing this for years, simply 30 mins before a punt go to settings turn off location.
Don't turn on again until you in a safe place, it's not rocket science it's called covering your arsehole 101

Offline PatMacGroin

Sorry to hear about your troubles OP. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I'm amazed you have risked coming back on UKP providing this detailed thread and even posting a new review on the same day! With the wife breathing down your neck that really is Taking One for The Team!

Since hearing about the implications of location tracking, (and noticing the way facebook also seems to try link you to people and places you've spent time with) I stated turning my personal phone off before heading out for a punt.

I never really looked at the google maps options closely so hadn't realised how easy it is to view the tracking info on this timeline option. Somehow I assumed the info was being kept in some very technical format that could be easily transferred and analysed by google's systems, but might not be so easy to simply look at yourself. Just looked at my own Timeline and actually I'm more reassured by it, for the following reasons:

- Looking back over recent days it doesn't seem to have tracked my movements at all. It just has me recorded as being at home. So it doesn't track everything, or it's not that reliable.
- Personally, I don't visit massage parlours which I would imagine could stand out on the list of visited places.
- I did notice it listed the addresses of a few WG's that I've visited, but they aren't exactly tagged as locations or places of interest by google. So those individual addresses wouldn't be noticeable amongst the list of the other private addresses I've visited over the years.
- One of "my most visited places" was a location I worked in for several years, but it has actually been listed by google as another business that was just down the road, not the exact location I was working in.

Based on what I can see on it, if for some reason anyone ever challenged me about the locations I'm supposed to have visited I would just deny everything and point out how inaccurate it can be. (although chances are it is just going to get more and more pinpoint accurate over time).

Offline MrMatrix

Since hearing about the implications of location tracking, (and noticing the way facebook also seems to try link you to people and places you've spent time with) I stated turning my personal phone off before heading out for a punt.

Why take the chance I say. I've been out to day and left my main phone at home - I dont need it :hi:

Offline berksboy

I just dont get why you need to sign into google ? Just cant see the point of it.

Offline PatMacGroin

I just dont get why you need to sign into google ? Just cant see the point of it.

Is it possible to use a smart phone without logging into Google on anything other than an iPhone?

Most phones use the Android OS. Android is owned by google. You have to log into it using an email address, (I use a gmail account that I don't use for personal emails mostly only google related stuff, but still it's google). Most of the google apps like maps are pre-installed, they can be "disabled" but not uninstalled completely.

With an iPhone Apple will have access to your data in just the same way. Nokia and others use Microsoft OS. Samsung are trying to get a piece of the user data money with their Bixby system now installed on their phones and the galaxy store installing apps without permission.

Basically seems like you can't avoid them skimming your data in some way unless you use two cups and a piece of string.  :dash:

Offline PatMacGroin

Why take the chance I say. I've been out to day and left my main phone at home - I dont need it :hi:

I usually punt in the daytime, rarely in the evenings. I fit it in to gaps in other business I'm doing so need to keep my personal phone on me for that.

Offline earlgreyman

A second phone isn't needed, just a second tiny sim card dedicated to punting which I don't believe any punter cant hide.

WRONG! all apps installed with your smart phone will track and trace the phones location and store, regardless of what SIM is inside. Yes, you can turn off certain functions, e.g google maps, but if you slip up with a stored address/history, you're fucked. You need to use a completely separate phone.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 04:54:38 pm by earlgreyman »

Offline smiths

WRONG! all apps installed with your smart phone will track and trace the phones location and store, regardless of what SIM is inside. Yes, you can turn off certain functions, e.g google maps, but if you slip up with a stored address/history, you're fucked. You need to use a completely separate phone.

Its not wrong at all, make sure you don't slip up. :rolleyes: And anyway I don't advise using a smartphone for punting, I don't use one as I don't need to.

If a punter doesn't want to get caught out use a basic low tech phone is the wise thing to do in my view, and NEVER get complacent.

Offline smiths

You still need to remember to turn off location history & preferably not sign into Google. A second SIM won't delete your history.

I didn't say a second sim would delete it, I said you don't need a second phone, well you don't, a second sim can do the job, but once again I strongly advise against using a smartphone when punting.

Offline MrMatrix

I usually punt in the daytime, rarely in the evenings. I fit it in to gaps in other business I'm doing so need to keep my personal phone on me for that.
I can understand that. Happens to us all now and then. Depends on the days agenda :hi:

Offline The Midlander

Ouch! I hope OP manages to get out of this one.

the official info from google on how to hide your tracks. Hope this helps

External Link/Members Only

Offline James

If you have an android phone, you can set up another user. Switchable by swiping down. You can password protect this. Set up another gmail account to sync. Its like having two phones in one.
So for maps etc your history is hidden.
Banned reason: Unhealthy obsession with SP malicious posts out of spite
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Drekszter

Turning off Location Services and Location History *might* not be enough though.

If you've only just turned it off, it still has logs of everywhere else you've been/searched up to that point. You should then erase all history too just to be on the safe.

At the end of the day, your best friend should be your £10 dumbphone once you've scoped out the WG's area enough to not need to use Google Maps imo.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 05:59:19 pm by Drekszter »

Offline Walsalllad15

Happened to me once.  We had to go to Wolverhampton to collect someone. I put post code in. I told her to click on wolves post code on sat nav as we where driving.  She clicked onto a working house I'd seen few days before.  Luckily I got out of it as said i was using it for work.

Offline Silva21

If my missus would have made an effort in the bedroom I'd never have started punting in the first place!

Offline Logamimo

Thank God I'm single, oh the joy of technology! I always use an A-Z street map to find locations.

Offline MrMatrix

If my missus would have made an effort in the bedroom I'd never have started punting in the first place!
I think this applies to 50% or more of the regular punters here. Punting was never on my agenda, but eventually you just have to make that decision and its been a fun journey :hi:

niftyfiftydave

Have had this conversation with my estranged wife a few times, amazing how staying friends and talking out of the relationship is easier than when in it.

I cannot disagree with her side of this argument, easy to come here and moan about her lack of sex or effort, but this is a 2 way street. If she is not feeling wanted or loved sex is not going to be on her mind, both need to make some effort.

Not conclusive and things breakdown for other reasons but actually listening to what she has to say i can see my failures on that front. Easier to go for a punt than make any effort at home which starts a viscous circle.

Offline MrMatrix

Have had this conversation with my estranged wife a few times, amazing how staying friends and talking out of the relationship is easier than when in it.

I cannot disagree with her side of this argument, easy to come here and moan about her lack of sex or effort, but this is a 2 way street. If she is not feeling wanted or loved sex is not going to be on her mind, both need to make some effort.

Not conclusive and things breakdown for other reasons but actually listening to what she has to say i can see my failures on that front. Easier to go for a punt than make any effort at home which starts a viscous circle.
I bet you tried your best to make her feel wanted, I bet you tried your best to make her feel loved. Most blokes will try their best as they have every thing to gain and so does the OH if be known. I feel this is a cop out excuse that many OHs trip out rather too frequently. Many of us try for years to "do the right thing" and yet its just not enough. In the end we consider alternatives and in my case I punt. :hi:

Offline cotton

Sorry to hear about your troubles OP. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I'm amazed you have risked coming back on UKP providing this detailed thread and even posting a new review on the same day! With the wife breathing down your neck that really is Taking One for The Team!

I never really looked at the google maps options closely so hadn't realised how easy it is to view the tracking info on this timeline option. Somehow I assumed the info was being kept in some very technical format that could be easily transferred and analysed by google's systems, but might not be so easy to simply look at yourself. Just looked at my own Timeline and actually I'm more reassured by it, for the following reasons:

- Looking back over recent days it doesn't seem to have tracked my movements at all. It just has me recorded as being at home. So it doesn't track everything, or it's not that reliable.
- Personally, I don't visit massage parlours which I would imagine could stand out on the list of visited places.
- I did notice it listed the addresses of a few WG's that I've visited, but they aren't exactly tagged as locations or places of interest by google. So those individual addresses wouldn't be noticeable amongst the list of the other private addresses I've visited over the years.
- One of "my most visited places" was a location I worked in for several years, but it has actually been listed by google as another business that was just down the road, not the exact location I was working in.

Based on what I can see on it, if for some reason anyone ever challenged me about the locations I'm supposed to have visited I would just deny everything and point out how inaccurate it can be. (although chances are it is just going to get more and more pinpoint accurate over time).
I saw a local non-AW whore for a while last year, she said she was on facebook , i knew her full name and her address so i tried to find her on facebook but coudnt , a while later facebook sent me her as a freind suggestion altho by then id stopped seeing her.

niftyfiftydave

I bet you tried your best to make her feel wanted, I bet you tried your best to make her feel loved. Most blokes will try their best as they have every thing to gain and so does the OH if be known. I feel this is a cop out excuse that many OHs trip out rather too frequently. Many of us try for years to "do the right thing" and yet its just not enough. In the end we consider alternatives and in my case I punt. :hi:

No i did not and talking to her often since, we talk everyday and meet twice at least a week even though i am dating again, and the point i am making is i never listened at the time, wrapped up in my own little life, work, hobby, friends etc and a punter long before we met. Always was the easy option.

Offline B4bcock

Absolutely 100% accurate for most of us I would say.
Years ago I purposely spent a fortnight giving my OH undivided attention, breakfast in bed, helping round the house etc. and it made no difference at all in her attitude, especially in regard to sex.   When I pointed this out to her at the end of my "experimental period" I was met with a blank expression - she hadn't even appreciated  my extra effort, or, more likely, chose to accept but ignore it.   

Offline B4bcock

No i did not and talking to her often since, we talk everyday and meet twice at least a week even though i am dating again, and the point i am making is i never listened at the time, wrapped up in my own little life, work, hobby, friends etc and a punter long before we met. Always was the easy option.

So, now you are dating again, have you changed your ways and ceased punting in the hope this new relationship will fulfill all your needs?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:36:57 pm by B4bcock »

Offline m4rmite

Years ago I purposely spent a fortnight giving my OH undivided attention, breakfast in bed, helping round the house etc. and it made no difference at all in her attitude, especially in regard to sex.   When I pointed this out to her at the end of my "experimental period" I was met with a blank expression - she hadn't even appreciated  my extra effort, or, more likely, chose to accept but ignore it.

My beard stubble irritates the wife apparently.
"If it was smoothly shaven I'd kiss you more!"

A month of daily shaving was met with?

Fuck all difference.

She knows something's changed as i don't pay her any attention when she is getting changed,  i always used to at least make a nice comment.
Interestingly she undresses in plain sight now rather than trying to hide her lumps and bumps,  too late my dear.

Offline Silva21

Fuck all difference.

She knows something's changed as i don't pay her any attention when she is getting changed,  i always used to at least make a nice comment.
Interestingly she undresses in plain sight now rather than trying to hide her lumps and bumps,  too late my dear.

This is the kind of shit I used to get.

You know, even if she was putting out nowadays I love the thrill and non-judgment of a WG now and don't think I'd want to stop.

There's also things I'm happy to ask a WG for which my wife wouldn't do no matter what - and I certainly wouldn't be comfortable asking for. (rimming, spitting, face fuck). Those are now a regular part of my sexual activity and tbh I don't want to go without.

niftyfiftydave

So, now you are dating again, have you changed your ways and ceased punting in the hope this new relationship will fulfill all your needs?

I have stopped punting since my last review a few weeks ago but for different reasons, not been feeling great for a while and a doctors visit and blood tests had me seeing a consultant within 72 hours and scared the shit out of me. Add to that not really getting my head round punting after recent experience and i am in no rush to punt again.

Time on my hands though spending a fair bit of time here trying to get my head round it again and one will grab my attention soon enough dating or not. 42 years of it is a hard habit to break and i am not going to get too involved in the dating, was seeing same women last year and it did not work out so i ended it in January. She came without warning to my door last week and we were at it like rabbits 10 minutes later and again in the morning.

There is a wanton sexual chemistry and always was, but our differences, she is 20 years younger, Muslim, Teenage sons living at home and my habit of doing things on the spur of the moment like fucking off to Ireland, Greece, or the pub whenever the mood takes and work trips that often stretch to days does not go down well.
So at the moment it is booty meets or nights out as far as i am concerned, as long as they continue no need to punt lol.

Offline MrMatrix

She seems to be your soul mate. Are you sure you shouldn't be with her bearing mind this new declaration of honesty between you. Certainly help out family wise. Is this something you should consider :unknown:

Offline MrMatrix

Indeed it is for most of us.
 . I have gone through the same process as you desribe with the same out come. I tried all sorts of things and nothing was ever right and the effort as you say was unappreciated. They all talk bollocks with a range of excuses to conver all eventualities that you come up with , thinking you are doing the right thing. Eventually you give up and look at the alternatives as we all have   :hi:

Fuck all difference.

It made fuck all difference cos that was the excuse at the time.

Interesting comment the fact you dont pay any attention when she changes. Neither do I. Indeed I dont want to look and shes quite fit. Simply too much damage....not interested darling...silly girl...  :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 04:06:23 pm by MrMatrix »

Offline NelsonH

I've used Google for years but never had the need or desire to log in to it.  Don't have a account, just use it. Why?

Offline Rocket Scientist

I've used Google for years but never had the need or desire to log in to it.  Don't have a account, just use it. Why?

If you access a Google app such as mail, then by default you're logged in

Offline B4bcock

Quote from MrMatrix;

tried all sorts of things and nothing was ever right

Yep.     And on that rare occasion I do get something right I usually get told I'm not doing it enough.   :unknown:

Offline MrMatrix

Quote from MrMatrix;

tried all sorts of things and nothing was ever right

Yep.     And on that rare occasion I do get something right I usually get told I'm not doing it enough.   :unknown:
The ultimate "no win scenareo". Eventually we are put in a position to do something about it. I was actually shocked that I went ahead and did my first punt. :hi:

Online OakTree

You can turn off location services use a dumb phone or whatever. If she suspects then she'll find a way of catching you out. I got caught out a number of years ago and it was through technology. Chatting to my missus after it had all blown over she had her suspicions for a while and was looking into private investigators to follow me and also hidden trackers on my car. She was already checking my mileage as she knew roughly what I did normally a week.

In the end I got caught out by text messages. As I was texting to and fro to a wg as I parked up the messages were coming through on my ipad at home. My missus didn't even have to unlock it, she couldn't anyway. The texts were showing on the lock screen. There's something to bear in mind.

So even though it was my own carelessness that got me caught she was already on to me and looking to go down far more exotic ways to catch me.

Offline Silva21

The ultimate "no win scenareo". Eventually we are put in a position to do something about it. I was actually shocked that I went ahead and did my first punt. :hi:

I wasn't shocked at my first punt, I was totally amazed at how accessible escorts had become since the Internet.
The last time I tried 20 years ago I drove around Manchester streets for an hour and went home empty handed.

So this time I found someone on AW, text and got a blow and go. Heart racing but 30 mins later I was getting sucked off for £25 and was buzzing about it. I've never looked back and don't really want her to change now as I'm happy as I am.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 05:27:07 pm by Silva21 »

Offline Rocket Scientist

. Chatting to my missus after it had all blown over ...

Meaning, ....you still with her?

Offline Rocket Scientist

Yeah.

Nice and your last review is recent.  Evidently collateral damage was not enuff for the leopard to change it's spots   :drinks:
#backinthegame

Online OakTree

Nice and your last review is recent.  Evidently collateral damage was not enuff for the leopard to change it's spots   :drinks:
#backinthegame

As they say they never change. I obviously still punt but not to the extent I used to and to be honest it was getting out of hand. It was inevitable I was going to get caught as the drive to punt was making me lose grip on reality, hence the carelessness.

Offline Anadin

I love my google maps timeline, helps a lot when I can't remember where I've been or just curious to see where I was at a certain time.

That being said I use a punting phone and 99.9% of the time my punting phone and main phone are in exactly the same location, this is one of those times where if you're like me, then merely having a punting phone probably isn't enough you need to turn off location history.

I won't say I'm thankful for being single, I'm not but I am glad not to have to hide my punting from anyone.

Is it possible to use a smart phone without logging into Google on anything other than an iPhone?

You don't have to login in to a google phone to use it, just hit skip. You can then just use an alternative app store to get apps and keep getting updates.

Offline _Bender_

You don't have to login in to a google phone to use it, just hit skip. You can then just use an alternative app store to get apps and keep getting updates.

I don’t use a punting phone, personally I see no point, I have a google account but the only service I’m signed into is youtube.

Offline NelsonH

You need a phone to remember where you have been!  Hard luck,  happens to a lot of people I expect.

Offline Anadin

I don’t use a punting phone, personally I see no point, I have a google account but the only service I’m signed into is youtube.

How does that work? Surely if you signed into the Youtube through app you've signed into google on your phone. Unless you're doing it through a browser.

You need a phone to remember where you have been!  Hard luck,  happens to a lot of people I expect.

Hilarious! But I can pinpoint a location I've visited and the time over a number of years. Few human beings possess that kinda memory and the vast majority of places I've visited are instantly forgettable so yeah I like the functionality even if it's rarely useful.

Offline _Bender_

How does that work? Surely if you signed into the Youtube through app you've signed into google on your phone. Unless you're doing it through a browser.

I’m using an iPhone XS, singed into YouTube on the app but not automatically singed into maps, it does give me the option though.

Offline Anadin

I’m using an iPhone XS, singed into YouTube on the app but not automatically singed into maps, it does give me the option though.

Ah OK I've never used Apple products just Android where if you sign into one google app you seem to sign into everything.

Offline Squire Haggard

Google = the devil  :hi:

Quite.

Its reasonable to assume that there will be many divorces/ruined relationships because of the aforementioned tracking. IMO, there will be many thousands of similar cases globally. There would be a lot less IMO, if the default setting was the tracking switched off. I think that the 10th and 14th richest people on the planet are quite happy to track users, regardless of the consequences.

External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 09:08:08 pm by Squire Haggard »

Offline dieseldriver

Wow
I always delete all evidence and I use a  basic payas you go phone when I'm contacting escorts and leave it at my work drawer.

Likewise. But after a previous discovery, always leave it in my work van. Punting phone never goes into my home........

Offline MrMatrix

You can turn off location services use a dumb phone or whatever. If she suspects then she'll find a way of catching you out. I got caught out a number of years ago and it was through technology. Chatting to my missus after it had all blown over she had her suspicions for a while and was looking into private investigators to follow me and also hidden trackers on my car. She was already checking my mileage as she knew roughly what I did normally a week.

In the end I got caught out by text messages. As I was texting to and fro to a wg as I parked up the messages were coming through on my ipad at home. My missus didn't even have to unlock it, she couldn't anyway. The texts were showing on the lock screen. There's something to bear in mind.

So how come you are still with her. Did she forgive you/ understand your needs/ blamed herself!!!!!! ? How did you get away with this as for most it would be curtains  :unknown:

Offline whydoidothis

Unpleasant split, I have been doing this for years. We have split. It was always on the cards. I moved out