Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Banned Members and Guests  (Read 10052 times)

Online Moby Dick

Maybe a Mod can help me (and others) understand what a Guest is and what access do they have to this site.

At the top of threads/reviews you can see who is also reading that page.
Normally there are more guests than members.

Who invited them? :unknown:

Are they just “anyone” who has found the site but doesn’t have to log in?
What access do they have?
Can they read the whole review, all comments.
Any limitations, pages they can read, frequency of return etc.
Is there any benefit being a member (except contributing by adding posts).

Or.....
I see under some older threads/reviews the word guest under their profile names. I guess this happened/changed around the time of Admin change. These tend to be old members, no review/post count. Do they still log in? Can they add posts? I can’t click to their profile page so I can’t see when they were last active, any other posts or reviews.

Is there a difference?

I also don’t understand what access banned members have.
If you click their name and go to their profile page very often their “last active” date is months after they were banned. What’s all that about?

Thank you in advance for anyone who knows the answers.
Please no guesses from Random guys. Let’s see what the official Mods/Admin say
Hopefully will be a short thread that will address questions that have been raised recently on other threads.
Apologies if it has been covered before - in which case please provide a link.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 09:02:51 am by Moby Dick »

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Logging out and looking at the site without logging back in will give answers to most of your questions.   :unknown:  There's a limit on how many threads you can read as a guest.

Online Moby Dick

Logging out and looking at the site without logging back in will give answers to most of your questions.   :unknown:  There's a limit on how many threads you can read as a guest.
Can’t remember last time I logged out.
Worried you might slam the door shut behind me :scare:

Thank you but what about the other questions.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 09:09:30 am by Moby Dick »

Offline Drayki

Maybe a Mod can help me (and others) understand what a Guest is and what access do they have to this site.

At the top of threads/reviews you can see who is also reading that page.
Normally there are more guests than members.

Who invited them? :unknown:

Are they just “anyone” who has found the site but doesn’t have to log in?
What access do they have?
Can they read the whole review, all comments.
Any limitations, pages they can read, frequency of return etc.
Is there any benefit being a member (except contributing by adding posts).

Or.....
I see under some older threads/reviews the word guest under their profile names. I guess this happened/changed around the time of Admin change. These tend to be old members, no review/post count. Do they still log in? Can they add posts? I can’t click to their profile page so I can’t see when they were last active, any other posts or reviews.

Is there a difference?

I also don’t understand what access banned members have.
If you click their name and go to their profile page very often their “last active” date is months after they were banned. What’s all that about?

Thank you in advance for anyone who knows the answers.
Please no guesses from Random guys. Let’s see what the official Mods/Admin say
Hopefully will be a short thread that will address questions that have been raised recently on other threads.
Apologies if it has been covered before - in which case please provide a link.

Well said Moby, I’ve been thinking on the same lines now for weeks, and it’s still baffling me who the fuck they are and how their getting access

I see a mod has replied but I guess most of them are just leeches as you said  :dash:

Online Moby Dick

Well said Moby, I’ve been thinking on the same lines now for weeks, and it’s still baffling me who the fuck they are and how their getting access

I see a mod has replied but I guess most of them are just leeches as you said   :dash:
I didn’t say mods were just leeches? :sarcastic:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:37:27 am by Moby Dick »

Offline Drayki

I didn’t say mods were just leeches? :sarcastic:

I meant the guests are leeches, not the mods  :thumbsup:

Offline AnthG

I know it was asked just the mods/admin to answer this. But the answer to this is, there has seemingly been set a cut-off point of everyone who hasn't logged into the forum from that time has had their accounts automatically fully deleted so they now show as guest (guest means account is non-existant no more)

This also means people who were banned (and thus couldn't, therefore, log in to their accounts) have also had their banned accounts deleted alongside those older members.

So "guest" can mean either that person was banned. Or it can mean they have not logged into the forum in multiple years (I 'think' its been set as two years you get your account automatically-deleted).

However, the more recent banee's are showing as banned as they have logged in within the last two years.

The ones showing as banned, if they try and log in, they cannot do absolutely anything whatsoever. All that happens is a javacript banner pops up saying "Sorry, xxx, you are banned from this forum, this ban is not set to expire". And thats it, nothing else they can do but log out.

The banned members now showing as guests. If they tried to log in to their old accounts it will simply say "sorry there is no account existing with that username".

Those banned people could sign right back up with the exact same usernames again and nobody would be any wiser unless someone else on the forum remembered they were previously banned and told one of the mods and the mods decided to ban them again.

I looked into it, as I was hoping and praying Rod Trotter would be allowed back when seeing old banee's had been switched to guest, but that stupid bastard, even though he was banned in 2015 he has been keep trying to log back into his account non-stop hoping that would somehow change, but because he has been logging in to it, it was kept as banned.

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=profile;u=35101

(before anyone asks, I liked Rod Trotter, I thought he was great, that was why I looked)
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline Trex

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=profile;u=35101

(before anyone asks, I liked Rod Trotter, I thought he was great, that was why I looked)

I don't know why you want him back he posted over 1,000 and didn't bother to write a review.

Online Moby Dick

I don't know why you want him back he posted over 1,000 and didn't bother to write a review.
Maybe true but have you checked each post?
When members are banned their reviews become posts and no longer count towards his or the WG stats
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 01:29:26 pm by Moby Dick »

Offline AnthG

He did, and for a time he was one of the most frequent reviewers of the NE section.

He was also one of the original NE crew (part of the first few members of the section alongside Flying Blue and Johnr1 and Toon9768 etc).

The stupid bastard got a new girlfriend and asked for his account to be temp-banned so he had no temptations to punt. Admin refused so he told Admin he will just make himself get banned then, and admin permabanned him as a result. And it seems, like most relationships these days, it didn't last and wants to log into the forum again as he does so all the time trying to log in hoping the ban expires but it won't. :(

(I gave that ^ hard luck story there hoping Daviemac reads this and has a heart :) )

Offline Corus Boy

Can’t remember last time I logged out.
Worried you might slam the door shut behind me :scare:

Thank you but what about the other questions.

I'd be unable to remember my password!

Online Jonestown

Anyone who pulls up the UKP website gets to access 20 (I think) threads a day, doesn't matter who you are, member, ex-member, deleted member, banned member, Joe public. After the limit is exceeded you get a screen that asks you to sign in or fuck off, no it doesn't, I made the fuck off bit up, but its a good idea nonetheless.

Offline Trex

Maybe true but have you checked each post?

I don't have time to read his 1,000 posts . Like AnthG said he did so, then they must of disqualified his reviews.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 03:02:46 pm by Trex »

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
Well AnthG, you learn something everyday. Very educational, I didn't know half of what you posted.    :thumbsup:    :sarcastic:

Your pal, the banned rod trotter, would have a job registering again, registrations are closed.   

Edit

Under the old Admin all reviews by banned members were moved to discussions when they were banned.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 03:10:57 pm by daviemac »

Offline mike63

Anyone who pulls up the UKP website gets to access 20 (I think) threads a day, doesn't matter who you are, member, ex-member, deleted member, banned member, Joe public. After the limit is exceeded you get a screen that asks you to sign in or fuck off, no it doesn't, I made the fuck off bit up, but its a good idea nonetheless.
Excuse my ignorance, when you say 20 threads a day does that include reviews? I have to confess it seems quite a generous allowance. I doubt I look at 20 threads or reviews a day.

Offline AnthG

Your pal, the banned rod trotter, would have a job registering again, registrations are closed.   

I was kind of hoping you would just think to yourself, you are a plonker Rodney and click the unban button....... (please...  :rose:)

If the daft bugger hadn't have been trying so desperately to log back in to the banned account all the time, his banned account would have actually been deleted by now anyway and when the registrations were back open he could have signed back up fresh anyway as Rod Trotter

And his only crime was quite literally asking Admin to ban his old one just so he wasn't tempted to cheat on his new girlfriend with WGs.

Offline AnthG

Excuse my ignorance, when you say 20 threads a day does that include reviews? I have to confess it seems quite a generous allowance. I doubt I look at 20 threads or reviews a day.

Its 20 page views. So if there was a megathon topic with 25 pages to it, you could only view 20 of the pages. (A good way around it is to click the view all button on topics that are 5 pages and less as that turns them into one very long page)

And if you refresh your browser to see if there have been any more posts. That also counts as a view even though you are on the same page so 20 refreshes and then thats it blocked for the rest of the day.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 03:28:38 pm by AnthG »

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
I was kind of hoping you would just think to yourself, you are a plonker Rodney and click the unban button....... (please...  :rose:)
Yeah right.  :wacko:

Offline mike63

:hi:
Its 20 page views. So if there was a megathon topic with 25 pages to it, you could only view 20 of the pages. (A good way around it is to click the view all button on topics that are 5 pages and less as that turns them into one very long page)

And if you refresh your browser to see if there have been any more posts. That also counts as a view even though you are on the same page so 20 refreshes and then thats it blocked for the rest of the day.
:hi:

Offline johnny34

If the daft bugger hadn't have been trying so desperately to log back in to the banned account all the time, his banned account would have actually been deleted by now anyway and when the registrations were back open he could have signed back up fresh anyway as Rod Trotter

And his only crime was quite literally asking Admin to ban his old one just so he wasn't tempted to cheat on his new girlfriend with WGs.
I think there was more to it than that & he had a second account aswell if I remember correctly  :hi:

Offline AnthG

I think there was more to it than that & he had a second account aswell if I remember correctly  :hi:

He was called Holycrosser, got outed to his first girlfriend, so Admin changed him over to Toshiba. Then got outed again, so admin allowed him to come back brand new as Rod Trotter.

You can, therefore, understand why he was cagey about this new one finding out he punts. And I guess he just did not have the ability to just click log out....

Online Moby Dick

So for clarification here before we get carried away trying to bring back Dave (as he was known by Trigger)

Where it shows “guest” under profile names in old reviews this means he is old member that has “expired”, ie hasn’t attempted to log in for a while, and no longer can. No longer a guest: defunct has beens.

Where it says member name at the top of the page, where the number of guests is normally at least 3x more than members these are “anybodies”, that haven’t logged in. Not actually been invited but free to roam around the place and help themselves to 20 items out of the fridge per day?

And the banned members  :unknown:
Why are their “last active” dates after their band date, or is that just they have tried to gain entry as a “guest/fridge raider” but haven’t actually got passed the login page.

Are other review sites as generous and open as UKP.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 04:24:18 pm by Moby Dick »

Offline AnthG

Guest in the "who's online" or on the top currently viewing this topic section means people who are not logged in. Either they have no account, or they have one but have not signed into it.

Guest as a membership status means their entire account no longer exists no more.

"And the banned members  :unknown: Why are their “last active” dates after their band date"

Simply as they have signed into their account after they were banned. Either they did not know they were banned or they hoped it was only temporary so signed in again, or they did not delete the cookies from their browser when they came back to here.

I gave the example of Rod Trotter as he was banned in 2016 (I thought it was 2015, but I looked it was August 2016) and yet he has non stop been logging back into the account and the last time he did was February 2019 - that is dedication trying to log into it for three years after getting banned.

Here is a good oldie topic to see what I mean about the guests.

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=2821.0;all

TeenKylie, Wayang, SteveNova and Mellow were all banned (and TeenKylie I doubt would ever be allowed back in so its definitely not something that has been manually done)

And also in that topic Lurtz, WhiteRussian, KeenPunter, FatPro$$ie and Simple were not banned.

However as they all haven't logged in for a long time, all their accounts were deleted when the forum switched over from OldAdmin to NewAdmin in June last year.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 04:36:03 pm by AnthG »

Online Moby Dick

The irony of it all :sarcastic:

Hardly “guests” are they?

Offline Doc Holliday

AnthG is pretty much on the ball with his posts

The ones showing as banned, if they try and log in, they cannot do absolutely anything whatsoever. All that happens is a javacript banner pops up saying "Sorry, xxx, you are banned from this forum, this ban is not set to expire". And thats it, nothing else they can do but log out.

I'm intrigued though how you know what message you get when banned?  :D

As Anth says anyone showing as banned could have their account unlocked again. Any guest 'accounts' have gone forever and there is no way of telling which of those accounts were banned members.

The interesting thing is that when the board was first opened to limited views as a guest, the number of such guests was small and has gradually increased and now swamps the number of account users logged in.

Some of this will be people who have active accounts and are choosing to view without logging in, but many will be potential new members, some of whom will contribute (most will leech) and of course previously banned members. Once new registrations is reopened expect a huge influx of new members. Then the guest viewing can be closed again at some point.

Offline FLYING BLUE

He wrote plenty of reviews just that he changed his screen name twice due to being outed  :hi:

Offline AnthG

AnthG is pretty much on the ball with his posts. I'm intrigued though how you know what message you get when banned?  :D

As in 2012, I got a 2-week temp ban for arguing with Mattylondon (we both got one at the same time) and it said "Sorry AnthG you are banned, this ban is set to expire on, 1st September 2012"

Then in December 2016 I got permabanned due to some nasty piece of work called Mia making false claims about me, but was reinstated after 24hrs after posting proof she was a lying evil delusional psychotic minging scumpig :)

So I have seen both versions of the ban message.

Offline Urban_G

Indeed, but when you think about it, it makes sense. As a member you can pick and choose what you read and when but a guest may well find UKP intriguing and want to spend a lot of time browsing various threads and posts. If guests had a higher limit there would be more lurkers and leeches and less members contributing.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 05:14:32 pm by Urban_G »

Offline Doc Holliday

As in 2012, I got a 2-week temp ban for arguing with Mattylondon (we both got one at the same time) and it said "Sorry AnthG you are banned, this ban is set to expire on, 1st September 2012"

Then in December 2016 I got permabanned due to some nasty piece of work called Mia making false claims about me, but was reinstated after 24hrs after posting proof she was a lying evil delusional psychotic minging scumpig :)

So I have seen both versions of the ban message.

Gotcha.  :thumbsup:

How did you post proof if you were banned though?

Offline AnthG

Gotcha.  :thumbsup:

How did you post proof if you were banned though?

I emailed Admin as I had his email address and he allowed my account to make one sole post in the northeast section of the forum to plead my case with whatever evidence I had.

Offline tynetunnel

I emailed Admin as I had his email address and he allowed my account to make one sole post in the northeast section of the forum to plead my case with whatever evidence I had.

Yet you’re still here?  :hi: :sarcastic:

Just kidding  :rose:

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
  • Reviews: 0
The way SMF logs work also means you can also appear as a Guest and Logged on so there will be duplicates showing.

Offline Knucklehead

I look at UKP in private browsing and if logged in get signed out really often so it’s a boon for me being able to look without logging in.

Offline EastCoast Rambler

7.32am today
1,157 Guests, 429 Users (0 Buddies)

What's a Buddy?  :unknown:
Banned reason: Demanding pic of his escort friend removed / threats.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline cueball

It's the same as a pal, a friend, a mate.... You get the idea don't you  :D

Online Moby Dick

The way SMF logs work also means you can also appear as a Guest and Logged on so there will be duplicates showing.

Thanks, Never thought of that  :thumbsup:

Me and my Shadow,
he follows me everywhere, normally only on good sunny days, never pays for anything, never really does anything. When I was younger I used to try and stamp on his head.

Online Moby Dick

7.32am today
1,157 Guests, 429 Users (0 Buddies)

On your profile page there is a tab to create a buddies list.
Basically its a stalking aid to see who you “know” is online.
Names will appear bold at the top of any page you are reading.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 09:12:41 am by Moby Dick »

Offline Vanhobonk

Before I signed up,I would google escorts name and city ,sometimes it would lead me to reviews on here,I would imagine I would  of showed as guest then but was limited,could not use search feature or click on members reviews/posts tabs.I guess allowing guests a limited browse encourages new membership otherwise I would never of known the site existed.

Offline Gordon Bennett

Surprised nobody has signed up and chosen username "Guest" or "Banned" or ""Restricted Member" or suchlike to cause a few double-takes. Wish I had done it now but as ever, I always get my funny clever-dick ideas miles too late!
One thing, good job I'm always logged in..... I have no idea what email and password I signed up with - I'd be right up the creek if I ever had to log back in.

Offline Beamer

Surprised nobody has signed up and chosen username "Guest" or "Banned" or ""Restricted Member" or suchlike to cause a few double-takes. Wish I had done it now but as ever, I always get my funny clever-dick ideas miles too late!
One thing, good job I'm always logged in..... I have no idea what email and password I signed up with - I'd be right up the creek if I ever had to log back in.

Stupid idea. How does that help the new owners ??
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:33:39 am by Beamer »

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
  • Reviews: 0
Stupid idea. How does that help the new owners ??

Indeed a stupid idea  :wackogirl: and certain words aren't allowed in Usernames when registering.

Offline EastCoast Rambler

On your profile page there is a tab to create a buddies list.
Basically its a stalking aid to see who you “know” is online.
Names will appear bold at the top of any page you are reading.
Thanks
Banned reason: Demanding pic of his escort friend removed / threats.
Banned by: daviemac

Online myothernameis

Question for the mods, I take it when a guest looks at any threads, you can see there ip address, and do they match up to banned members, who obviously might be watching what going on after they have been banned

Offline Drayki

Question for the mods, I take it when a guest looks at any threads, you can see there ip address, and do they match up to banned members, who obviously might be watching what going on after they have been banned

+1 My sentiments exactly, be interesting to see how many have been banned and are now just watching as guests

Offline dubs

Assuming they have fixed IP addresses, most ISPs will reset your IP if you powercycle your router.

Offline MrMatrix

00.25 hrs and I see there are 1096 guests and 196 users on line. Some how it doesnt seem right that committed members contribute and the guests can come in for a quick search and out. I wonder how many of these are escorts checking whats been said about them :unknown:

Online Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
00.25 hrs and I see there are 1096 guests and 196 users on line. Some how it doesnt seem right that committed members contribute and the guests can come in for a quick search and out. I wonder how many of these are escorts checking whats been said about them :unknown:

Yes like you it is frustrating. I think the biggest frustration is the lack of new members joining and being able to contribute.

It does seem strange a limited number of members being able to contribute and 5 times as many be able to just visit....

I would have thought it would be sorted now, but I don’t know how complicated it is to manage a website. :unknown:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 12:37:33 am by Kev40ish »

Offline dubs

I think the problem is finding a low cost email server that can handle the activation emails without the forum being identified as a spammer.

It would be good to reopen to new members though

Offline bhudda

Just to add to the list of who appears as guest (apologies if its already been mentioned)

If old admin allows (or allowed, dont know what new admins policy is) you to create a new userid cos there were issues with the old one ... then posts made using the old id have the poster flagged as a guest.

Online Moby Dick

I can no longer see who is reading a thread?
 :unknown: