Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: The UK city where sex work is banned, but hasn't stopped  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Sinz

External Link/Members Only

Must be hard for lads in Hull, hopefully the precedent does not influence other cities

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24

Must be hard for lads in Hull, hopefully the precedent does not influence other cities

That just refers to street prostitution, which is illegal anyway, they've just made it easier to enforce. They haven't and can't ban sex work in general.

Offline Zimbaman

Genuinely can't understand why anyone would bother with a red light district in this day and age. What's the attraction? High risk, lower quality women who are doing it only because of drugs. Why?

notmisterspock

Genuinely can't understand why anyone would bother with a red light district in this day and age.
To be fair, I think you can apply that to the WGs as much as the punters. I mean... why stand around freezing your arse off and waiting to get picked up (possibly by the plod) when you can deal with bookings from the comfort and safety of your own sofa?

Offline peter purves

Perhaps it's me there just seem to be lots of stories or should that be horror stories regarding prostitution, flava of the month perhaps??  :unknown:
Banned reason: Can't / won't take advice.
Banned by: daviemac

vw

Genuinely can't understand why anyone would bother with a red light district in this day and age. What's the attraction? High risk, lower quality women who are doing it only because of drugs. Why?

That is how it is portrayed in the media so hardly shocking first time punters look to the streets.

Offline Happylad

A bloke would have to be pretty hard up to get his pleasures in the red light district.  In the main the girls (?) are adicts to either drugs or booze or are working for the pimps who supply their drugs; not many of them are regular attenders at the GUM clinics; and when a girl gets a customer, wherever she takes him for the sex the pimp is likely to be lurking close by.

The Council has not made sex illegal - it has simply cleared it off the streets and , no doubt, saved quite a few potential punters from being prosecuted for kerb crawling.

Offline Horizontal pleasures

Must be hard for lads in Hull, hopefully, the precedent does not influence other cities
Belfast and the whole of Northern Ireland. I have been there once and met a lady from AW. I was worried afterwards but wrote a review and no problems.

I recall asking about it in the NI section here before I went, but no responses.

notmisterspock

In a previous job I spent a lot of time travelling around the UK, and visited a few very run-down, former industrial cities. The RLDs were uniformly shit, depressing places, fairly easy to spot when you'd accidentally strayed into one even during the daytime, and even in broad daylight I felt a lingering unease. They simply aren't good to be in, and they make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up - they can feel pretty threatening.

The only time I've deliberately gone into a RLD, I felt pretty safe and it had a real party atmosphere. The fact it was Saturday night in Amsterdam probably had something to do with it - the place was lit up like the Blackpool illuminations!

Offline joe diddley

A bloke would have to be pretty hard up to get his pleasures in the red light district. 

I think that's true for some, those who don't know where to look on-line for their jollies. (Not all punters are computer literate by any means.) However, I think that there is also a sizeable constituency of street punters who get a real buzz from the danger of picking up street girls, a real visceral pleasure from the risk.

Offline shagmore

Hull is grim, and the street walkers sound even grimmer,
City of culture - my arse

Offline king tarzan

+1 yuk.
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline IrishBob

Belfast and the whole of Northern Ireland. I have been there once and met a lady from AW. I was worried afterwards but wrote a review and no problems.

I recall asking about it in the NI section here before I went, but no responses.

The police have said its pretty much unenforcable. They don't have the time or resources to waste when there are many other problems (i.e. IRA splinter groups).

I think one person has been arrested for being with a trafficed girl but i think his case was dropped.

I think the only difference from the mainland is that its a bit more discreet (but not if you know where to look)

Online sparkus

I think that's true for some, those who don't know where to look on-line for their jollies. (Not all punters are computer literate by any means.) However, I think that there is also a sizeable constituency of street punters who get a real buzz from the danger of picking up street girls, a real visceral pleasure from the risk.

I think a lot of punters who avail themselves of street hookers do it on the spur of the moment, whereas the kind of blokes who go to the effort of setting up UKP accounts and reviewing WGs tend to be more dedicated and fussy, not to mention discreet.  I doubt any of us would be driving around in company vans and picking up hookers like the ones exposed on those TV programmes.

My first punt (a HJ) was with a street hooker but that was only because I was curious, once that duck was broken then I was a lot more diligent. 

mrhappypants

30 years ago I lived in a Midlands Town (which I won't name) and lived in the red light district while working in a job that bought me into contact with vulnerable young people (care). 

Beside that obvious druggies and oldies there were a number of girls well below the age of consent who worked the streets on a casual basis. And before anyone is tempted or thinks I am promoting it, consider for a moment how the authorities, the press, your employer and family would likely respond if you are caught paying for sex with a 13/14 year old.

It is called "gaol bait" for a reason....