Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: NHS approved online pharmacy fined £130K for selling customer details  (Read 395 times)

Offline lostandfound

I think this is on-topic for UKP as it concerns punter privacy -

Quote from: medconfidential website
The Information Commissioner’s Office will this morning issue a £130,000 fine to the UK’s largest NHS-approved online pharmacy, Pharmacy2U, whose senior executives approved the sale of NHS patients’ and P2U customers’ personal data by direct marketers.

External Link/Members Only

Bearing in mind there are on-line pharmacies which will prescribe ED meds and even STI medication, I hope this 6 figure fine acts as an effective deterrent to other such firms.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:14:08 pm by lostandfound »

vw

You cannot trust anyone with your privacy, these fines are pathetic and yet the ill informed like JRC want everything linked to an ID card.

Offline smiths

I think this is on-topic for UKP as it concerns punter privacy -

External Link/Members Only

Bearing in mind there are on-line pharmacies which will prescribe ED meds and even STI medication, I hope this 6 figure fine acts as an effective deterrent to other such firms.

Thanks for the link. :thumbsup: What a bunch of dodgy pricks, I never use them but I bet quite a number of punters do.

This of course comes after the data breach at The Dean Street Clinic in London, its ALWAYS best to be as anonymous as you can if you have anything to lose in life, and if your smart think about what you COULD have to lose in the future.