Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Anyone done an at-home blood test for STIs (specifically HIV, syphilis and hepa)  (Read 909 times)

Offline bayekofthecreed

I recently ordered one of those free at-home test kits for STIs. For chlamydia and gonorrhoea, only a urine sample is required. For HIV, syphilis and hepatitis, you have to provide a blood sample. Now I presumed it would be only a small drop or two of blood that is required, but the vial they supply you with (and the amount of blood required for the sample) is much larger than I expected it to be. I'm a bit nervous about doing it. There is never a good time to faint, but I think there is a real chance that I might whilst doing it, and I don't really want to be at home on my own if I do. So I am wondering if I would be better off just getting a test done in a clinic. I was wondering if any fellow punters have done one of these tests? Have to say I can't really understand why they need so much blood for it :unknown:.

Offline The Owl

I had a home testing kit. I failed to get enough blood in the vial and found the process more an utter pain ro do rather than painful.

Offline MissWolf

• Service Provider
They are an absolute pain in every way, for a couple of days every couple of months my fingers are sore and bruised from doing this.

I can only advise,
Make sure you are hydrated
Make sure the room and you are warm, possibly after a shower.
Take a brisk walk or dash up and down the stairs a few times just to get the blood pumping a tiny bit faster before you begin
Relax and make sure you keep your hand lower than your heart, I would recommend setting everything up so you can be stood up to do this.

Good luck 👍
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 10:22:31 pm by MissWolf »

Online Shadow314

If you're squeamish of blood maybe go for a clinic visit, but the process is reasonably straight-forward.  There's a device that takes a pin prick, so will only ever be drops.
Hardest part is getting enough for the sample.  I found after a hot shower, and strangely using the very tip of your finger rather than the centre, seemed to help.

Offline jockerson

did one months ago, Testme was the name of the online company, £85 it cost for full range of tests.
Blood came back Hep A and Hep C positive  :scare:
Went to a proper NHS test and all was negative
Moral of the story, dont waste your money

Offline stampjones

The vial looks big but its not actually that much. It fills up pretty quickly - maybe 12 drops? At least thats true of the ones from dean street

Offline fredhiggins

I agree it is difficult. The above advice is all good. You will also find that blood ends up not where you expect; do it near a sink and be prepared to clean up afterwards. Best done when all other household members are asleep. The initial prick from the lancet is slightly painful but is tolerable. Make sure you fully get rid of the detritus afterwards.

Offline Billy no mates

I found it really straight forward and easy, with the results coming back in a matter of days (this was during covid).

My wife has previously worked in the NHS, not medically trained, and helped me do the test.

Online Thephoenix

Unless you've got symptoms my local nhs STI clinic will only provide home test kits.
You can choose to pick them up from the clinic.

I agree it can be a bit difficult to get sufficient blood particularly if you have poor circulation.
My kit had 2 needles which allows for 2 attempts.
The tube already contains fluid so you don't need as much blood as maybe you think.

All good advice as above.

Results by text within 5 days.

Offline Foxtail17

Do one every three months, no problems, easy to use.

Offline Atrueyorkie

If you struggle drawing blood I’d recommend holding the finger pointed downwards and lightly squeeze here and there.

It’s also okay to call and just state you find it difficult to draw blood and need it done in person.

Offline CheninBlanc77

Wash your hands under hot water for about 5 min, then dry your hands and shake down the hand you want to use for about couple of minutes.

After that go for it, it worked very well for me.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 01:25:04 pm by CheninBlanc77 »

Offline The0neAnd0nly

Getting blood out of me is impossible. However directly after the gym/ playing sports it flows like a faucet. It will fill up in no time