Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Gentrification at work in London  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Griffin75

Agency Allure girls holding incall bookings for £350/hr in Peckham!
Well I never!

External Link/Members Only

Offline Stevelondon

Moved to London in 1974 and have gradually watched the gentrification process.  :D

There were parts of "The Smoke" that were considered to be definitely lower class places.........NOW....highly desirable and equally....fuckin expensive.

I recall the bloke on Who wants to be a millionaire.
"What would you do if you won the million" he was asked.
He was from a small place in Yorkshire I think.
His response was, he would probably buy a detached house, maybe a top end Merc and have great holidays.

He could do that where he came from.

Me.......it would mean I could'nt afford to buy the house next door.

Money is a relative thing.
Don't get me wrong. I'd love to win a million.  :yahoo:
I would'nt move to Peckham  though.  :D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 09:44:14 am by Stevelondon »

Offline Momodan38

Desmond will be turning in his grave.

Offline Griffin75

Offline Momodan38

Del-Boy as well!
Nah, that yuppie, with his filofax would have loved it!

Offline lillythesavage

The thread does lead to the question " Which London would you prefer? "

For me London in the 70,s, 80,s into the 90,s was a playground, you could follow the money, move from job to job, often very different jobs, CV,s did not exist, it was face to face where you stated your case before keywords rejected you, the money was there if you worked hard so you could play hard.

A very different city now and not the better for it in my view.

Offline sparkus

For me London in the 70,s, 80,s into the 90,s was a playground, you could follow the money, move from job to job, often very different jobs, CV,s did not exist, it was face to face where you stated your case before keywords rejected you, the money was there if you worked hard so you could play hard.

A very different city now and not the better for it in my view.

I wasn't really around for any of that but even the early 00s flats were cheap enough to rent (or buy) and even on a new graduate starting salary you had enough for a few mid week nights out and decent clubbing at the weekend.

I wouldn't wish today's London on the youth (though the food offer is much better).

Me and the missus went out for two drinks each during the week, £33 (including a bowl of nuts at £4 and a so-called service charge).

Offline lillythesavage

I wasn't really around for any of that but even the early 00s flats were cheap enough to rent (or buy) and even on a new graduate starting salary you had enough for a few mid week nights out and decent clubbing at the weekend.

I wouldn't wish today's London on the youth (though the food offer is much better).

Me and the missus went out for two drinks each during the week, £33 (including a bowl of nuts at £4 and a so-called service charge).

Yep, I do feel for youngsters, you just feel that they are going to be living in boxes, working for big business and shareholders for as little pay as they can get away with, no chance of the cash jobs of old to top up income, with a once a month blow out treat, for the working class anyway.

In the early 80,s, I was married with a kid, bought a 3 bed house, and was still out every night, clubs from Thursday on to Sunday morning. Walked away from 7 years of a boring office job and 7 years of gaining the exams to do it, joined the courier circuit, all small business run from cheap offices.

Use your head and put the hours in, bung the controllers, and the money was unreal, my take home pay exceeded my mates in the Stock exchange. Harder work and longer hours but even the job I qualified for does not pay the same today as I was earning nearly 40 years ago with a 400 quid van I bought from the auction. The second one was brand new, still the only new vehicle I have ever bought.

Different times alright.

Offline ulstersubbie

For me London in the 70,s, 80,s into the 90,s was a playground

I lived there in the 80/90's and mostly enjoyed it. I do occasionally visit from time to time but I wouldn't want to live there again.

Offline sparkus

Yep, I do feel for youngsters, you just feel that they are going to be living in boxes, working for big business and shareholders for as little pay as they can get away with, no chance of the cash jobs of old to top up income, with a once a month blow out treat, for the working class anyway.

In the early 80,s, I was married with a kid, bought a 3 bed house, and was still out every night, clubs from Thursday on to Sunday morning. Walked away from 7 years of a boring office job and 7 years of gaining the exams to do it, joined the courier circuit, all small business run from cheap offices.

Use your head and put the hours in, bung the controllers, and the money was unreal, my take home pay exceeded my mates in the Stock exchange. Harder work and longer hours but even the job I qualified for does not pay the same today as I was earning nearly 40 years ago with a 400 quid van I bought from the auction. The second one was brand new, still the only new vehicle I have ever bought.

Different times alright.

I'm guessing because it was the first time money was 'unleashed' on London and no generation had experienced that kind of affluence, social mobility or standard of living.

I suppose I count myself lucky that I was able to experience the 00s punting boom with the sudden arrival of more EEs and Chinese etc. I remember around 2008 and 09 I was punting several times a week, I'd think nothing of spending £30 on a P&D in a brothel on the way home from work.

Offline Griffin75

Nah, that yuppie, with his filofax would have loved it!

Very true!

Offline Griffin75

My post was meant very much tongue in cheek; but some honest  reminders of the changes London has seen in a variety of ways..

Offline lillythesavage

I'm guessing because it was the first time money was 'unleashed' on London and no generation had experienced that kind of affluence, social mobility or standard of living.

I suppose I count myself lucky that I was able to experience the 00s punting boom with the sudden arrival of more EEs and Chinese etc. I remember around 2008 and 09 I was punting several times a week, I'd think nothing of spending £30 on a P&D in a brothel on the way home from work.

Yep again, 30 quid was the rate everywhere, throwaway money really back in those days, even those on low paid jobs had the nixers and the chance to double job with the second for cash.

There is very little independent business these days, where kids, students and housewives can earn a bit of cash pocket money, a second job is taxed to the max and house prices are nuts VS most salaries.  Disposable income is becoming a thing of the past for many.

Offline lillythesavage

My post was meant very much tongue in cheek; but some honest  reminders of the changes London has seen in a variety of ways..

Not a lot of it for the better, once said to be paved in gold, now paved in chewing gum and litter,  potholes galore, with graffiti to read.

Offline sparkus

Yep again, 30 quid was the rate everywhere, throwaway money really back in those days, even those on low paid jobs had the nixers and the chance to double job with the second for cash.

There is very little independent business these days, where kids, students and housewives can earn a bit of cash pocket money, a second job is taxed to the max and house prices are nuts VS most salaries.  Disposable income is becoming a thing of the past for many.

East London back then was awash with brothels.  Not even stuff on AW, the back of newspapers and shop window advertised ones.

The problem was there was so many that you risked running into someone you knew coming out, which I once did.

Offline SamOmar

Agency Allure girls holding incall bookings for £350/hr in Peckham!
Well I never!

External Link/Members Only

Would not live anywhere in South East / East / North East even if it was rent free. It could gentrify as much as possible but I am partial to West / South West London only
Banned reason: Undesirable, convicted sex trafficker / pimp
Banned by: daviemac

Offline lillythesavage

East London back then was awash with brothels.  Not even stuff on AW, the back of newspapers and shop window advertised ones.

The problem was there was so many that you risked running into someone you knew coming out, which I once did.

I have done too, in the waiting room lol, never worried me at all, both in the same boat and a can of worms not worth opening. I did avoid a Sauna when the first wives sister was running it though. Actually she bought the business.

I do miss those days, all this info and bollocks profiles these days, back then walk in pick from the line up, or walk to the next. Another place where the house wife could earn a few quid being the maid.

Pre internet life was so much more simple really, now we are heading to that big shopping empire and supermarket delivery for everything, you still have to make the order and wait in for the late delivery, easier to just go to shop and buy it.

Offline sparkus

I have done too, in the waiting room lol, never worried me at all, both in the same boat and a can of worms not worth opening. I did avoid a Sauna when the first wives sister was running it though. Actually she bought the business.

I do miss those days, all this info and bollocks profiles these days, back then walk in pick from the line up, or walk to the next. Another place where the house wife could earn a few quid being the maid.

Pre internet life was so much more simple really, now we are heading to that big shopping empire and supermarket delivery for everything, you still have to make the order and wait in for the late delivery, easier to just go to shop and buy it.

Looking back, what stuns me now is how, by and large, most of the cheaper birds were actually quite high quality.  I can think of several off the top of my head who I paid £30 for who now would set the threads on fire eg. an super enthusiasic mega busty Korean or the unbelievably tall Indian bird with a C scale bubble I visited whenver she was on.  Again, both at the end of a phone sighted in a shop window and went in on blind.

Offline lillythesavage

Looking back, what stuns me now is how, by and large, most of the cheaper birds were actually quite high quality.  I can think of several off the top of my head who I paid £30 for who now would set the threads on fire eg. an super enthusiasic mega busty Korean or the unbelievably tall Indian bird with a C scale bubble I visited whenver she was on.  Again, both at the end of a phone sighted in a shop window and went in on blind.

I punted one couple of years back and knew I had seen her before, at least 25 years ago, she was 1 of 3 at a brothel, not the best looking of the 3 and flat chested, I think she was surprised to be picked out of 3 at opening time, and really went for it, as it was quiet and I was a regular, we were given plenty of time.
I could tell it was going to be good, she had this look in her eyes as soon as the door was closed.

To reply to your point, I think it was the easiest way for them, the brothels had regular trade where as advertising indie was not so easy, internet changed that but has not made getting a good punt easier these days, in the brothels if they did not perform, they did not get picked or got the boot.
90% of the time you were greeted by happy smiling faces too, now it is usually, her or nothing when you book, bloody extras to go through and a usually expensive gamble that you have to decide to take in minutes. After spending time researching, hard to be spontaneous as you could then.

Offline sparkus

I punted one couple of years back and knew I had seen her before, at least 25 years ago, she was 1 of 3 at a brothel, not the best looking of the 3 and flat chested, I think she was surprised to be picked out of 3 at opening time, and really went for it, as it was quiet and I was a regular, we were given plenty of time.
I could tell it was going to be good, she had this look in her eyes as soon as the door was closed.

To reply to your point, I think it was the easiest way for them, the brothels had regular trade where as advertising indie was not so easy, internet changed that but has not made getting a good punt easier these days, in the brothels if they did not perform, they did not get picked or got the boot.
90% of the time you were greeted by happy smiling faces too, now it is usually, her or nothing when you book, bloody extras to go through and a usually expensive gamble that you have to decide to take in minutes. After spending time researching, hard to be spontaneous as you could then.

What makes me laugh, looking back, is the number of times WGs stood up to maids who'd banged on the door to say 'Time's up!', they never wanted you to go away without cumming even on a 20 minute booking so it was always amusing to hear them yelling to shut up and go away in Chinese or whatever.  It sure as fuck wouldn't happen now.

What's grim is there was no showering between clients as for some reason back then I didn't object to being left in an empty bedroom waiting for the previous bloke to finish and dress.

Offline lillythesavage

What makes me laugh, looking back, is the number of times WGs stood up to maids who'd banged on the door to say 'Time's up!', they never wanted you to go away without cumming even on a 20 minute booking so it was always amusing to hear them yelling to shut up and go away in Chinese or whatever.  It sure as fuck wouldn't happen now.

What's grim is there was no showering between clients as for some reason back then I didn't object to being left in an empty bedroom waiting for the previous bloke to finish and dress.

That is why I tried to go at opening time, always been a morning person lol, not the only one but after the opening rush they were usually quiet and time would go on.

You are right though, they were always happy to finish the job, mostly were happy working there and usually young decent lookers, waiting never bothered me even if others were in the waiting room, but it was a piss off if they picked the best one.

None of the waiting outside for door numbers lol, or planning a punt, it was on tap whenever you wanted it. You have done it too, but this is why I explore different avenues than AW, Viva and agencies these days and just P&D from them when required.
It is just more satisfying and fun in the long run, even if it does not end in full sex, 26 year old SB is on the phone as I am typing, she called me as she is horny but cannot help her today, wife on the way round and saving myself for a new one tomorrow :yahoo:

Offline sparkus

That is why I tried to go at opening time, always been a morning person lol, not the only one but after the opening rush they were usually quiet and time would go on.

You are right though, they were always happy to finish the job, mostly were happy working there and usually young decent lookers, waiting never bothered me even if others were in the waiting room, but it was a piss off if they picked the best one.

None of the waiting outside for door numbers lol, or planning a punt, it was on tap whenever you wanted it. You have done it too, but this is why I explore different avenues than AW, Viva and agencies these days and just P&D from them when required.
It is just more satisfying and fun in the long run, even if it does not end in full sex, 26 year old SB is on the phone as I am typing, she called me as she is horny but cannot help her today, wife on the way round and saving myself for a new one tomorrow :yahoo:

Most of the brothels and saunas were quite longstanding, quite often I didn't even call up, just went and saw the line up, no hard feelings for walking (often some banter for it).  A combination of gentrification and the 08 onwards recession killed them off.

Things have their time, after brothels disappeared we had a good run of decent TCMs and kinky SPs who'd oblige without asking the earth.

Offline lillythesavage

Most of the brothels and saunas were quite longstanding, quite often I didn't even call up, just went and saw the line up, no hard feelings for walking (often some banter for it).  A combination of gentrification and the 08 onwards recession killed them off.

Things have their time, after brothels disappeared we had a good run of decent TCMs and kinky SPs who'd oblige without asking the earth.

That they were, friendly all round and what ever. Right again about the first lot on the net, genuine pics and no photo shop, never really had interest in the shops though.

Back then I do not really remember time limited, it was more get what you went for and go and when did extras become the norm? They used to do things they liked and not do things they did not as far as I can remember. Of course it was in the brothels, but as we know, if the girl was having fun it got extended.

My guess is when the pimps realized there was money to be made and the net has made it easier. Always pimps I suppose but it became very much more business like when the net took over. 

Offline sparkus

That they were, friendly all round and what ever. Right again about the first lot on the net, genuine pics and no photo shop, never really had interest in the shops though.

Back then I do not really remember time limited, it was more get what you went for and go and when did extras become the norm? They used to do things they liked and not do things they did not as far as I can remember. Of course it was in the brothels, but as we know, if the girl was having fun it got extended.

My guess is when the pimps realized there was money to be made and the net has made it easier. Always pimps I suppose but it became very much more business like when the net took over.

I'm guessing AW and the small ads sites put the 'fixed' brothels out of business as Sergeis could staff and locate them much more 'agile'.

What I do remember about AW was overnight it was quickly populated with EE women, in my postcode there was at least one page of greenlights any night of the week.  Now it's just dormant profiles or just skanks you would swerve.

Offline lillythesavage

Aw has been getting worse for a long time, people will blame the B word or the virus for numbers, but the fake pics, old pics or shopped pics have been growing for years, prices going up, if not the base rate, ever growing list of extras, declared or when you arrive.

Then there is the researching, B&S, walking for undeclared extras or old/fake/shopped pics, going through services beforehand is a mood killer for me, and my age a mood killer for most of them.
By the time you add the wasted time from walking, the research, finding one at a suitable time in a suitable place it is hours.

Much rather play the other game, yes it takes time, but no more than the above and the results are so much better, other things apart from extras, time limits, etc usually not there are bloody great tattoos, rock hard plastic tits and scrap yard piercings. Oh and the post op worry.

The best thing of all though, it is not like AW in that they only see my age and weary joints when I turn up, they are happy meeting an old codger, one is genuinely only turned on by old guys, paid her once but she now calls when in the mood. It is a completely different experience