Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 'Decriminalising Sex Work' event, that UKP meet-up some people crave at last?  (Read 839 times)

Offline sparkus

External Link/Members Only

SWARM (Sex Worker Advocacy and Resistance Movement) is a collective founded and led by sex workers who believe in self-determination, solidarity and co-operation. They campaign for the rights and safety of everyone who sells sexual services. Together they organise skill-shares and support meet-ups just for sex workers, as well as public events. They are UK-based and part of the global sex worker-led movement advocating the full decriminalisation of sex work.

Decrim Now is a coalition of sex workers, human rights activists, trade unionists, feminists and politicians, which is calling for the full decriminalisation of sex work. Launched at The World Transformed in 2018, they are campaigning for the Labour Party to support decriminalisation.

I didn't realise we were part of a "resistance movement", though naturally I remain committed to the cause.  I guess this makes Mumsnet a hostile combatant.

I suspect the words "Labour Party" will cause a few to  :dash: on here, but I think the event should otherwise be welcomed?

(found this on a flyer near work, another joy of working near universities other than the daily 'view')

Offline sparkus

Found this on the SWARM website External Link/Members Only

Andrew Gilligan, FFS.  Typically Sarah Champion was straight on twitter to slate it all.

Offline winkywanky

Well being an expert on sexed-up dossiers, Gilligan is surely the man for the job?  :D

Offline winkywanky

...and if they organise 'skillshares', perhaps they could tell the crap ones how to do a blowjob properly?  :wacko:

Offline Titti Tatti

I didn't realise we were part of a "resistance movement", though naturally I remain committed to the cause.  I guess this makes Mumsnet a hostile combatant.

I suspect the words "Labour Party" will cause a few to  :dash: on here, but I think the event should otherwise be welcomed?

(found this on a flyer near work, another joy of working near universities other than the daily 'view')

They are campaigning for Labour Party support. So are a lot If people.

About 18 months ago Corbyn met the English Collective of Professors ( :rolleyes: decided to leave the spellchecker 'improvement' in) and promised to support all their ideas for making sex work safer. 10 days later he met a group pushing for the Scandinavian model that would drive activities underground, much to the fury of his new friends that he'd promised to support the week before.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 10:56:15 pm by Titti Tatti »

Offline Trinculo

They are campaigning for Labour Party support. So are a lot If people.

About 18 months ago Corbyn met the English Collective of Professors ( :rolleyes: decided to leave the spellchecker 'improvement' in) and promised to support all their ideas for making sex work safer. 10 days later he met a group pushing for the Scandinavian model that would drive activities underground, much to the fury of his new friends that he'd promised to support the week before.

Doesn't mean he took a blind bit of notice of what either group had to say. He would sell his granny for a few votes.
Banned reason: Previously banned (Still-alive, Bluespot)
Banned by:

Offline sparkus

Did anyone go and meet some new reviewable women? Was a bit worried it'd either be a sausage fest or like that "curvy Chinese" woman who claimed she'd be in Rios on a certain night.

Offline Taggart

Found this on the SWARM website External Link/Members Only

Andrew Gilligan, FFS.  Typically Sarah Champion was straight on twitter to slate it all.

Gilligan thinks he’s an expert on cycling, the environment, HS2, public transport and now prostitution!

There’s only one person prostituting themselves here...
Several journalists I know who write for the mainstream media roll their eyes at the mention of his name.

Offline Itsnotshy

Doesn't mean he took a blind bit of notice of what either group had to say. He would sell his granny for a few votes.
He decided to support the Swedish model of criminalizing the punter.
Rather than get an ass kicking from his radical feminists who he relies on to support his leadership.

Offline winkywanky

Gilligan thinks he’s an expert on cycling, the environment, HS2, public transport and now prostitution!

There’s only one person prostituting themselves here...
Several journalists I know who write for the mainstream media roll their eyes at the mention of his name.

Well he may be a bit of a twat, but he did expose the sexed-up dossier for what it was (a lie), on which our inclusion in Iraq War #2 was based.

Offline Squire Haggard

Lady Trumpington had the right idea. She was the polar opposite of the man hating harpies that want us criminalised.

Some onlookers, seeing her bullet-proof tweeds and swept-back curls, presumed this doughty shires matron must follow orthodox Tory theories about social order. Yet Lady Trumpington was a firm believer in the legalisation of brothels.