Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Warning - don't get complacent  (Read 8204 times)

Offline Slaveofnature

Well my daughter is home from university and being bored started raking about the boxes and drawers in the basement where we keep all the kids old stuff. One of the boxes is where I keep old phones including my punting phone which was there because I like hiding things 'in plain sight'. Oh look she said coming into the living room  - it's my old phone -  I wonder if there's any pictures of me and my pals on it? She had in her hand my punting phone all charged upwith a payg sim in it ready for action if I had the opportunity for a quick punt.
She didn't wonder why her old phone in the old box was all charged up with a sim card in it.  Well maybe she did because shes a clever girl but doesn't have a suspicious mind like her mum who just questioned me a couple of weeks ago for having duck duck go as a shortcut on my laptop.
Anyway I had to open it up for her so that she could check for old pictures and I just thanked god that I had deleted my contacts and messages just a couple of days before in a moment of paranoia that my wife would find it and ask me about it.
So guys - lets be careful out there! If you going to be discovered it will come from left field out of the blue and knock you flat.

Offline king tarzan

Lots of savvy 🦊 🦊 🦊 🦊 on here...👊👊👊👊🥊🥊🥊🥊
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Hardpipe

Always delete call history and messages as soon as I come out from a meet.

Offline tynetunnel

Close call. I have swapped the default search engine to DuckDuckGo on all my devices so never use anything else. This avoids suspicion

Offline tidytuz

Anyway I had to open it up for her so that she could check for old pictures

What do you mean ''open it up for her'', couldn't she just switch it on herself?

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline justanotherinch

Thankful I’m young and not married and would only be problematic if mates found out!

Online Billy no mates

What do you mean ''open it up for her'', couldn't she just switch it on herself?

I’m guessing he has set an unlock code.

Offline ZeroCount

I’m guessing he has set an unlock code.

If he had then where's the danger? "Oh sorry love, looks like it's locked, we won't be able to get in."

And if he did unlock it for her, isn't that a bit suspicious when it's her old phone?

Offline advent2016

I probably over complicate things

My punting phone (Android)  is usually in a safe place away from home. But even on me it has two profiles one labelled normal name and the other SOS with a different PIN or fingerprint to open. Browser is Duck Duck Go and it has a subset of apps from   the main profile Waze, etc. Both profiles have an automatic profile that photographs the user and sends to the cloud if the wrong pin code is tried. The SOS profile also runs extra duress functions.

Powering it off then on will default to normal profile.

Offline standardpostage

Never heard of DuckDuckGo, until today. Sound good  :thumbsup:

Online Doc Holliday

If he had then where's the danger? "Oh sorry love, looks like it's locked, we won't be able to get in."

And if he did unlock it for her, isn't that a bit suspicious when it's her old phone?

"Da plane Da plane"

Online Jonestown

I think the mistake was in using the daughter's old handset as the basis for the punting phone, would be safer to use a battered looking one of your own. OP needs to be careful not to use the same handset in future, no doubt his OH's has clocked the incident and will hold it in her memory banks for future investigation.

Offline Slaveofnature

It was locked with a password

Offline Slaveofnature

I think the mistake was in using the daughter's old handset as the basis for the punting phone, would be safer to use a battered looking one of your own. OP needs to be careful not to use the same handset in future, no doubt his OH's has clocked the incident and will hold it in her memory banks for future investigation.
Yes that was a mistake

Offline Slaveofnature

Thankful I’m young and not married and would only be problematic if mates found out!
Thing is when i was young and not married it never crossed my mind to punt - there was an inexhaustable supply of young ladies in the pubs and discos ready to be picked up.
Being married and older and not having had sex with wife for many years I have had to enter the minefield of using SW's. You get complacent with security and that is deadly as happened to me.

Offline Slaveofnature

That is the way to go always  :)
However after doing that for a couple of years and never getting caught your rigourousness slips a bit and you get sloppy. Thats when you get caught out.

Offline Mr Sinister

When I was having affairs in a previous relationship I would keep the messages, which was risky af in hindsight but I guess like most guys it's a trophy/ego thing especially when a girl is sending you messages to come over and drain my balls in her mouth.

Pictures I would upload to one of my cloud accounts lock that away and delete off phone because so many guys get caught with dodgy photos in their galleries.

Offline advent2016

I use External Link/Members Only to store info. So long as you can remember the name and the password and you never write it down I find it quite useful. I still wouldn't put in any info you wouldn't want on the front page of the Daily Mail like bank, or identifiable personal info.

e.g. External Link/Members Only  might store my Little Black book ;)

Offline bigboy96

, no doubt his OH's has clocked the incident and will hold it in her memory banks for future investigation.
[/quote]

I almost chocked on my tea at this comment!  :lol: :lol:

Offline Buttons

Just a thought for guys taking a break from punting because of Covid. My punting phone is currently wiped clean and in its box in my old phone graveyard. If it were turned on now firstly the phone wouldn’t because the battery is likely flat, but once hooked up to a charger it would come up with the setup wizard. All my content (pictures, contacts etc etc) are sat in the cloud as part of my last backup waiting to be restored when life returns to normal. To access the backup and restore it you need to know the account credentials which are in my head.

Means I don’t need to worry about the phone being interfered with because it’s just an old phone in case I break my current one and need a temporary device. May as well reduce the risk to zero etc

Offline cotton

Thing is when i was young and not married it never crossed my mind to punt - there was an inexhaustable supply of young ladies in the pubs and discos ready to be picked up.
Being married and older and not having had sex with wife for many years I have had to enter the minefield of using SW's. You get complacent with security and that is deadly as happened to me.
How was it deadly or complacent, the phone was locked with a password and you had deleted your contacts and messages already  :unknown:

Offline RandomGuy99

"Dad?  Who is Big Boobs Belinda?"

Offline pbrown355

That's just my nickname for your Mum

Offline funfungoodguy

What happens to cloud files when nobody goes back for them (you die, or  just loose interest). how long will that stuff be there - wherever 'there' is?

There's probably a measureable amount of energy being used to run some computer somewhere with stuff on that nobody's ever going to go back for........
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 09:58:09 am by funfungoodguy »

Offline Slaveofnature

How was it deadly or complacent, the phone was locked with a password and you had deleted your contacts and messages already  :unknown:
You make a good point. I suppose its just that if she had come upstairs with the phone and my wife had been there my wife may have thought why is that old phone all charged up with a payg sim card in it and locked with a new pin number not the one that my daughter would have used when she had the phone a couple of years ago. She is a very suspicious woman and her first thought would be that I am having an affair.  She already thinks I'm too close to a woman at work and is jealous of my relationship (friendship) with her.  She reads mumsnet a lot and there is not doubt that if she asked a question on there about the phone they would reply that it either means its used for an affair or its a punting phone.

Offline Zooms

Me too! And store sin separately

Offline oddson1970

Me too! And store sin separately
l always do this...it means that even if the phone is found,there is no evidence of any wrongdoing on it

Offline B4bcock

She is a very suspicious woman and her first thought would be that I am having an affair.  She already thinks I'm too close to a woman at work and is jealous of my relationship (friendship) with her.  She reads mumsnet a lot and there is not doubt that if she asked a question on there about the phone they would reply that it either means its used for an affair or its a punting phone.

OP,  I would be careful.  If your OH reads mumsnet a lot and is very suspicious of you she may well be reading this thread. 

Offline Squire Haggard

OP,  I would be careful.  If your OH reads mumsnet a lot and is very suspicious of you she may well be reading this thread.

+1

Offline Jinx

“It was locked with a password”

So why all the fuss?

Jinx

Offline winkywanky

“It was locked with a password”

So why all the fuss?

Jinx

Simply the thought of what could have been?

Returned-home daughter finds her old phone hidden away and presents it to her dad, who has seemingly taken it over as a secret second phone which no-one knows about. It's fully charged and on a network. Oh, and luckily, incriminating evidence recently deleted (and the first thing you'd be wondering is did I really get rid of everything?)

You reckon you wouldn't be shitting yourself for an explanation in that scenario?

Online Doc Holliday

Returned-home daughter finds her old phone hidden away and presents it to her dad, who has seemingly taken it over as a secret second phone which no-one knows about. It's fully charged and on a network. Oh, and luckily, incriminating evidence recently deleted (and the first thing you'd be wondering is did I really get rid of everything?)

You reckon you wouldn't be shitting yourself for an explanation in that scenario?

Nah ... the story has more holes in it than my old socks.

Offline winkywanky

...darn it!   :rolleyes:

Offline Slaveofnature

Christ that's me now totally worried!

Offline Slaveofnature

Yes that about sums it up.

Offline winkywanky

F**k me you're quick.  :D

;)

(I can never remember where I put my reading glasses though, go figure...)

Offline Slaveofnature

You're a cynical one. So you think I decided to make up a story, login to UKP, type it up and post it. Christ I've got better things to do with my time.

Offline JonasG

Your story is very specific and after the last linked UKP and Mumsnet drama I'd definitely be careful especially if your wife is on MN!

Prob should move this thread to Off-topic or delete it maybe.

The way things escalated with that thread recently was sad to see.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 02:07:09 pm by JonasG »

Online Doc Holliday

You're a cynical one. So you think I decided to make up a story, login to UKP, type it up and post it.

I am cynical, because I have seen it happen so many times over the years.

I think maybe something happened which frightened you enough to trigger posting a warning story, but not the exact one you describe, as there are inconsistencies some of which others have pointed out.

The main one being that your daughters phone could have just remained locked. Once you unlocked it that surely raises more questions than leaving it locked? How did you explain why had you set up a new code on your daughters old phone and charged it up and which had been lying in a phone graveyard? It seems fortuitous you had some kind of premonition in the days before that your wife was about to discover it? If so why wipe it clean and put it back in the phone collection charged up with a sim in it. Just bin it like a burner. Its all overly complex.

But hey it doesn't matter most seem to accept it as accurate so all is well.  :hi:

Offline Jinx

No WW I would not be worried as it was locked and passworded, as previously stated, and is exactly The way our friend got out of the conundrum.
Suggest keeping the phone at work.

Jinx

Offline winkywanky

No WW I would not be worried as it was locked and passworded, as previously stated, and is exactly The way our friend got out of the conundrum.
Suggest keeping the phone at work.

Jinx

You're not worried that your daughter found you had sequestered her old phone without asking, kept it charged up and operational and then hidden it?

Fair enough.

Offline Jinx

I haven’t got a daughter.....

Offline JonasG

Putting yourself in his position...

Password locked or not, the phone has now been discovered to be in use to both his wife and daughter.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 07:57:53 pm by JonasG »

Offline winkywanky

Why even bother responding if you can't say anything vaguely coherent?

Offline Jinx

What are you talking about? The fella took precaution, locked and passworded, he got himself out of his problem. Advised he should keep the phone at work. You asked what I would do if my daughter did exactly the same? I haven’t one.

What do you not understand?

Prat.

Offline Jinx

Offline winkywanky

What are you talking about? The fella took precaution, locked and passworded, he got himself out of his problem. Advised he should keep the phone at work. You asked what I would do if my daughter did exactly the same? I haven’t one.

What do you not understand?

Prat.

Clearly, you don't understand that his daughter finding that he'd taken over her old phone for some reason and then hidden it, would be somewhat suspicious. His wife certainly thought so, didn't she?

And then you start saying you don't have a daughter so how would you know, and you call me a prat?

I think you have to be some kind of gormless fuckwit  :hi:

Offline winkywanky

Jonas, why ask me? Ask him....

Probably because you're the one being a prick?