Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Happy st george day everyone  (Read 388 times)

Offline puntingking

There is a event happening in London today to celebrate the day with live music and food and market stalls selling authentic british products.

Have a good day and wave your flag  :hi:

Online mr.bluesky

:drinks: unfortunately the English don't seem to celebrate St George's day to the same extent that the Irish celebrate St. Patrick's day or Welsh with St. David's day or Scots with St.Andrews day . Flying the national flag of England seems to upset too many people. I bet there are an awful lot of English people who won't even realise it's St. George's  day today.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 08:27:40 am by mr.bluesky »

Online Derrick101

And happy birthday William Shakespeare..... 460 years old today  :drinks:

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider

There is a event happening in London today to celebrate the day with live music and food and market stalls selling authentic british products.

I think you might be referring to the one that was on Sunday in Trafalgar Sq  :unknown:

Online southcoastpunter

:drinks: unfortunately the English don't seem to celebrate St George's day to the same extent that the Irish celebrate St. Patrick's day or Welsh with St. David's day or Scots with St.Andrews day . Flying the national flag of England seems to upset too many people. I bet there are an awful lot of English people who won't even realise it's St. George's  day today.

i think that is because the Welsh, Scottish and Irish have something in common with one another that unities them - dislike of the English. whereas we English don't like each other!
Scouser don't like Mancunians and vice versa, Gordies talk funny (well not quite as funny as some scouser to be fair) and who likes Brummies? And us southerners don't like anyone "up north" - and being 10 miles from the south coast, anywhere further up than say Salisbury is "up north" so we dislike more or less everyone including Londoners who aren't real southerners!

Haha - only joking! (apart from when it comes to football)

Offline Stevelondon

:D :lol:    The great North- South divide.

I have to admit. I’ve lived most of my life in London (apart from work when abroad etc) Still torn into a proppa Geordie when a gan yem ti visit family like.

But if there’s one accent I find chalk on a blackboard. It’s that whining cockney one. 
I’m bloody surrounded by the buggers. 😂

Offline akauya

i think that is because the Welsh, Scottish and Irish have something in common with one another that unities them - dislike of the English. whereas we English don't like each other!
Scouser don't like Mancunians and vice versa, Gordies talk funny (well not quite as funny as some scouser to be fair) and who likes Brummies? And us southerners don't like anyone "up north" - and being 10 miles from the south coast, anywhere further up than say Salisbury is "up north" so we dislike more or less everyone including Londoners who aren't real southerners!

Haha - only joking! (apart from when it comes to football)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy St George Day to the English folk   :hi: :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 12:43:44 pm by akauya »

Offline Blackpool Rock

It got 1 mention on the breakfast weather, apart from that i've heard nothing whereas I seem to be bombarded when it's Paddies day in particular

Offline puntingking

I think you might be referring to the one that was on Sunday in Trafalgar Sq  :unknown:

no, I mean the one today. There was also live music and other goings on today in london aswell.

There was also a parade which turned violent. After looking at several videos of that parade it seems the police have a two tier policing system in place.  :unknown:

Offline willie loman

every year its the same posts, someone observing that st georges day is not celebrated, and the scots and irish and the welsh blah blah blah,

Offline puntingking

It got 1 mention on the breakfast weather, apart from that i've heard nothing whereas I seem to be bombarded when it's Paddies day in particular

They may hate to celebrate the english day for numerous of factors. The more multiculturalism we get the worst our English day will be mentioned or celebrated.  :unknown:

Offline puntingking

every year its the same posts, someone observing that st georges day is not celebrated, and the scots and irish and the welsh blah blah blah,

After looking at youre reviews I can tell you from scotland so it wouldn't bother you.

Just imagine if your day was not celebrated or you were made to feel guilty for flying your Scottish flag. Put yourself in our shoes.

I say where ever you are from, be proud of where you come from and your roots.  :hi:

Offline willie loman

After looking at youre reviews I can tell you from scotland so it wouldn't bother you.

Just imagine if your day was not celebrated or you were made to feel guilty for flying your Scottish flag. Put yourself in our shoes.

I say where ever you are from, be proud of where you come from and your roots.  :hi:

just having a wee tease, up here its burns night which is the annual celebration, the average scot has no idea when st andrews day is, england has never had a tradition of celebrating a national holiday, the americans do, the french do, and the norwegians do, but not many other countries do, i could be wrong.

Offline Blackpool Rock

just having a wee tease, up here its burns night which is the annual celebration, the average scot has no idea when st andrews day is, england has never had a tradition of celebrating a national holiday, the americans do, the french do, and the norwegians do, but not many other countries do, i could be wrong.
Yes we do, Paddies day  :drinks:

Online billybob69

Why would English people be celebrating St. George's Day by eating Scottish and Welsh food? Or don't little Englanders know the difference between England and Britain?

Online badsin

Happy St George's day!!
I'm raising a glass to St George, an Argentinian red, whilst watching a Japanese TV with my German trainer's on,  and having a curry  :hi:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Happy St George's day!!
I'm raising a glass to St George, an Argentinian red, whilst watching a Japanese TV with my German trainer's on,  and having a curry  :hi:
My money says the glass and / or cutlery is made in China  :scare:

Offline puntingking

Why would English people be celebrating St. George's Day by eating Scottish and Welsh food? Or don't little Englanders know the difference between England and Britain?

I mean to say english rather than british.

Online scutty brown

WTF  has St George got to do with us anyway?
A Greek from what is now Turkey of Georgian (Parthian?)  ancestry who was a mutineer in the Eastern Roman Empire's army, getting himself killed because he pissed the emperor Diocletian off over praying to Christian space fairies? Never set foot in Britain, so no reason to be associated with us. Damn foreign pretenders.
There's enough authentic English-based saints to choose from, St Gildas would be a good choice - recorded by history as a genuine dragon-slayer

Online mr.bluesky

A Greek from what is now Turkey of Georgian (Parthian?)  ancestry who was a mutineer in the Eastern Roman Empire's army, getting himself killed because he pissed the emperor Diocletian off over praying to Christian space fairies? Never set foot in Britain, so no reason to be associated with us. Damn foreign pretenders.
There's enough authentic English-based saints to choose from, St Gildas would be a good choice - recorded by history as a genuine dragon-slayer

I'd like to know how he can be a genuine dragon slayer when there's no proof of dragons ever existed  (except in Game of Thrones  :unknown:)
Personally I'd go for St Michael as our nations Saint. Can't go wrong with their stuff especially their underpants  :D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 01:59:51 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline nwluvit

This is the problem. When it came for the time for the English saint to be "sainted" they said who was that guy who slayed the dragon. Name began with a G and some Turkish immigrant said "Oh you mean George". And there we have it.
Should have been Gildas - but actually not as he was Welsh FFS!!  By the way the above paragraph is pure fiction

Read below and you will understand
External Link/Members Only   

I have paraphrased the essence
It is commonly accepted that St George is the Patron Saint of England. But should we instead be raising the White Dragon flag of the Anglo-Saxon King St Edmund on November 20th?
It is surprising to learn that St George was not the first patron saint of England. That honour was originally held by St Edmund, or Edmund the Martyr, King of East Anglia in the 9th century AD.

Born on Christmas Day 841 AD, Edmund succeeded to the throne of Anglo-Saxon East Anglia in 856. Brought up as a Christian, he fought alongside King Alfred of Wessex against the pagan Viking and Norse invaders (the Great Heathen Army) until 869/70 when his forces were defeated and Edmund was captured by the Vikings. He was ordered to renounce his faith and share power with the pagan Vikings, but he refused. Edmund was then bound to a tree, shot through by arrows and beheaded. The date was 20th November. His decapitated head is said to have been reunited with its body with the help of a talking wolf who protected the head and then called out “Hic, Hic, Hic” (“Here, Here, Here”) to alert Edmund’s followers.

St Edmund’s influence began to fade when, during the Third Crusade in 1199, King Richard I visited the tomb of St. George in Lydda on the eve of battle. The next day he won a great victory. Following this triumph, Richard adopted St. George as his personal patron and protector of the army.

The rest, as they say is History!

Online scutty brown

I'd like to know how he can be a genuine dragon slayer when there's no proof of dragons ever existed  (except in Game of Thrones  :unknown:)
Personally I'd go for St Michael as our nations Saint. Can't go wrong with their stuff especially their underpants  :D

But there were dragons in Lord of the Rings, so they must be real.

As for St Michael pants, they live down to their holey reputation. Wear them for a few years and they're full of holes

Online badsin

Apparently St. George was made a saint for having the courage to stand up to a big scary dragon.
Fair play to the fella, I tried that once and had to spend the next 6 months in the spare room!  :hi:

Online mr.bluesky

Apparently St. George was made a saint for having the courage to stand up to a big scary dragon.
Fair play to the fella, I tried that once and had to spend the next 6 months in the spare room!  :hi:

:lol:  :thumbsup:

Offline nwluvit

:lol: