Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: OBITUARY - REST IN PEACE  (Read 25899 times)

Offline mr.bluesky

Let's face it Shaddap you face was a novelty type record and would have been bought mainly by kids and fuckwits (Sorry DD i'm sure you were young and still learning  :rolleyes::wacko:
The other thing to consider is that years ago you didn't necessarily have to sell the most records nationwide to be No.1 as only record sales from some shops were included to compile the chart
I remember being told this at school by a maths teacher who said his son was in the industry and he reckoned that people were sometimes sent into specific record shops to bulk buy certain records, who would have thought that the music industry had corruption  :D

I know it's going OT but perhaps we should all ask ourselves which one would you still listen to  :unknown:

The artistic classic Vienna complete with a great video which i'm sure people still give a whirl  :drinks:
External Link/Members Only

Or this total fucking crap, I only made it to about 30 seconds before my ears started bleeding  :dash:

It was also helped by how much airplay a song had on radio stations. Executives from record companies would visit as many radio stations as they could to "plug" a new record by their bands or solo artist,  no doubt crossing a few palms with silver along the way.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 09:14:53 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
Not saying it does  I bet you have them in your record collection  :D
The original point being that Joe Dolce's shaddup your face stopped Vienna by Ultravox from getting to number one. Everyone's taste in music is different. It doesn't alter the fact that it is still an awful record.  :crazy:
Stuff like The wombles, Joe Dolce etc were or are loved ironically by anyone over the age of 7. Music for the deaf

Online DastardlyDick

Let's face it Shaddap you face was a novelty type record and would have been bought mainly by kids and fuckwits (Sorry DD i'm sure you were young and still learning  :rolleyes::wacko:
No problem, we all have occasional lapses into bad taste  :D
I think at the time I had youthful delusions of collecting every No.1 and No. 2 in the UK charts.

Offline mr.bluesky

No problem, we all have occasional lapses into bad taste  :D
I think at the time I had youthful delusions of collecting every No.1 and No. 2 in the UK charts.

I think the most embarrassing record I bought was "Swords of a thousand men" by Tenpole Tudor which coming to think of it wasn't too bad . Could have been worse  :rolleyes:

Online alabama1

RIP John " Tiger" Louis former Ipswich Witches and England International speedway rider . Former British Champion and World team cup winner . As a kid growing up I was massively into speedway ( still am today)
His son Chris was also a successful speedway rider and is promoter of the Ipswich Witches speedway club today.
Sad to hear this. He was a great rider, in a great era for British , and speedway in general.

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

I think the most embarrassing record I bought was "Swords of a thousand men" by Tenpole Tudor which coming to think of it wasn't too bad . Could have been worse  :rolleyes:

That’s a rollicking good tune!

Online DastardlyDick

Offline B4bcock

Embarrassing?   It is wunderbar!

Online finn5555

Former Wimbledon and Newcastle United manager Joe Kinnear has died at the age of 77

Offline Pillowtalk

Former Wimbledon and Newcastle United manager Joe Kinnear has died at the age of 77

And before that a very good Spurs player from the Bill Nick era.

Offline mills_and_bhuna

Peter Higgs, who predicted the existence of the Higgs Boson at the ripe old age of 94.
RIP.

Offline mr.bluesky

Peter Higgs, who predicted the existence of the Higgs Boson at the ripe old age of 94.
RIP.

I can't say I understand all that stuff about the Higgs Boson particle and anything about the Large Hadron collider but a very clever man.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 05:57:14 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline mr.bluesky

RIP. Rose Davies one of the last surviving D Day veterans . She served with the Women's Auxiliary Airforce. She was a radar operative during the Normandy landings. Lived to the good old age of 107. She was given an all female RAF guard of honour at her funeral.

Offline Blackpool Rock

OJ Simpson according to a post on X by his family, just said on the news that he'd had cancer which I wasn't aware of

What a bummer that he died before he actually managed to find his wife's killer which as I recall he said he would dedicate his life to doing  :sarcastic:
Personally i'll not be shedding any tears for him  :thumbsdown:

Offline puntingking

OJ Simpson according to a post on X by his family, just said on the news that he'd had cancer which I wasn't aware of

What a bummer that he died before he actually managed to find his wife's killer which as I recall he said he would dedicate his life to doing  :sarcastic:
Personally i'll not be shedding any tears for him  :thumbsdown:

sky news "he was worshipped by millions of Americans"
Gb news "he was well loved by americans"

I'm left thinking he was not worshipped or loved by britians so why report on it. I bet you Americans wont report if a British footballer died.  :unknown:

Offline mr.bluesky

He only had to look in the mirror to find his wife's killer surely  :unknown:

Offline Mr Garmin

I'm left thinking he was not worshipped or loved by britians so why report on it. I bet you Americans wont report if a British footballer died.  :unknown:

I bet they would if it was a high profile footballer who murdered his wife

Offline Ghost89

Known more here for acting in movies like The Naked Gun and its sequels.

Offline fredhiggins

David Beckham surely would attract attention.

Offline radioman33

Good riddance OJ just need The blade runner now Oscar to die

Offline A Decent Fist

Good riddance OJ just need The blade runner now Oscar to die

I knew what this cryptic message meant after a moment of reflection. Others may need a little help:

Online alabama1

I knew what this cryptic message meant after a moment of reflection. Others may need a little help:

Hardly cryptic. Stating the bleeding obvious i would of thought  :rolleyes:

Online chrishornx

Perfectly capable of working it out myself thanks

Offline MrMatrix

Offline myothernameis

He only had to look in the mirror to find his wife's killer surely  :unknown:

Wonder if at some time, there will be a book coming out, and titled......    I did it   :sarcastic:

Offline puntingking

Was oj simpson found guilty in court? If not, then you shouldnt be saying that he was his ex wife killer?  :unknown:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Was oj simpson found guilty in court? If not, then you shouldnt be saying that he was his ex wife killer?  :unknown:
There was something on the news yesterday and apparently he all but admitted actually killing his wife and her friend in his book "If I did it"

Also a previous friend says he confessed to him -
Simpson said he visited Brown Simpson’s home, where he was greeted by his ex-wife wielding a knife. He allegedly mumbled to Gilbert: “If she hadn't opened that door with a knife in her hand ... she'd still be alive.” Gilbert then wrote: “Nothing more needed to be said. O.J. had confessed to me. There's no doubt in my mind."

Later on in his book, Gilbert alleged he gave Simpson tips on how to swell his hands so they wouldn't fit into the infamous bloody gloves that became an integral piece of evidence

Hey he wasn't found guilty in court but how many people genuinely think he was innocent  :hi:

Online RedKettle

He was found guilty in a later civil case.

Offline dexpunt

After the trial the police didn't continue to look for the killer.............says everything really

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Was oj simpson found guilty in court? If not, then you shouldnt be saying that he was his ex wife killer:unknown:
Why? 

Offline puntingking

Why?

Because if he wasnt found guility then it wouldnt be right. Just as you would not accused a man of rape even if he wasnt found guilty in court.

Also, if assumptions are made and we got things wrong then we could be the ones facing a court trial for defamation of character.  :unknown:

Offline Bertiebeenthere

You can't be sued by a dead person!

Online alftupper

Wonder if at some time, there will be a book coming out, and titled......    I did it   :sarcastic:

He wrote a book called "If I did it", when he went bankrupt the victims family got the rights to it, continued to have it published and the if on the cover was reduced in size

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 07:37:13 pm by alftupper »

Offline mr.bluesky

Because if he wasnt found guility then it wouldnt be right. Just as you would not accused a man of rape even if he wasnt found guilty in court.

Also, if assumptions are made and we got things wrong then we could be the ones facing a court trial for defamation of character.  :unknown:

I think all this goes to show is that the American justice system can be just as flawed as ours, you only have to see that in the recent post office  "horizon" prosecutions  in this country.
If he was innocent then why did he flee the scene of the crime ? All thought it was the slowest police chase in the history of crime.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 08:14:32 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline radioman33

Years ago you probably could get away with murder but advances in forensics have changed everything.Cold cases are now being solved.

Online timsussex

i've always ben a big fan of the Scottish verdict of Not Proven - although I suspect i might not be as keen if a defendant

"We know ya dun it but .."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 08:35:55 pm by timsussex »

Offline puntingking

Years ago you probably could get away with murder but advances in forensics have changed everything.Cold cases are now being solved.

years ago you probably could of been put away for murder even though you were innocent too but forensics advances have changed that too I would of imagine.  :unknown:

Offline puntingking

You can't be sued by a dead person!

but a dead person family can still sue you.  :unknown:

Offline radioman33

years ago you probably could of been put away for murder even though you were innocent too but forensics advances have changed that too I would of imagine.  :unknown:

Correct

Offline JontyR

There was an oscar winning documentary called "O.J.: Made in America". Well worth a watch if you get chance. Provides a fascinating cultural context to the whole affair.

Offline anotherwoody69

Derek Underwood
Kent and England spin bowler.

I recall watching him for county and country growing up in the 70's and 80's, exceptional talent and a proper gentleman.

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

Derek Underwood
Kent and England spin bowler.

I recall watching him for county and country growing up in the 70's and 80's, exceptional talent and a proper gentleman.

Deadly is now…..

Offline myothernameis

Scottish actor Vincent Friell, who became famous in the movie " Restless Natives" and played the part of Will, passed away at 64 yrs old

Offline Shroplad1965

Scottish actor Vincent Friell, who became famous in the movie " Restless Natives" and played the part of Will, passed away at 64 yrs old

Good fun film with a great soundtrack.

Online Jonestown

Dickey Betts, long serving guitarist with the Allman Brothers band died today, aged 80. RIP
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 05:47:39 pm by Jonestown »

Offline puntingking

Warwick davis wife - Samantha dies aged 53 years. she was the founder of a charity called little people uk which helps people and their loved ones that have dwarfism.

Offline Bertiebeenthere

Raman Subba Row, cricket player, official, administrator, aged 92.

Offline A Decent Fist

Dickey Betts, guitarist with the Allman Brothers Band, and the musical force that kept them going after the death of his genius co-guitarist Duane Allman in a 1971 motorbike crash, has died aged 80. I’m happy he lasted that long as he was a serious addict for many years.

He wrote many of their best-known tunes, including the joyous instrumental Jessica, best known as the Top Gear theme tune.