Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: "Don't do as I do, do as I say"  (Read 983 times)

Online oohermrs

Clearly I'm a mug.  I took the whole co-vid thing seriously - isolated at home, only went out for groceries and exercise and no punting at all etc.

I've now had 2 post-lockdown punts with 2 separate regulars of mine.  They have both told me that, apart from the first 2 weeks immediately after lockdown was announced (when there was nothing on the roads), business has been booming for them.  Not only have they not seen a drop in business, but both of them are busier than pre-lockdown.

I've waded through post after post of 'advice' and remonstration on the perils of punting during lockdown from a large number of posters on here and it turns out that most punters have carefully weighed up the pros and cons of this whole crisis and have decided that getting their cock sucked is way more important than other people's safety.  Yes, it turns out we really are as shallow as we had feared.

Here at UKP (assuming we're fairly representative of the punting world at large), either we are unbelievably blessed with a number of honest, considerate and socially responsible punters or said number are actually lying, hypocritical, sanctimonious sacks of shit.

So, if you're the type to advise, guide, remonstrate or lecture fellow punters on here, please be aware your credibility is not as good as you think it is.

A sample of 2 isn't huge, so I'd be interested in what others have found...

Offline Chorley

Clearly I'm a mug.  I took the whole co-vid thing seriously - isolated at home, only went out for groceries and exercise and no punting at all etc.

I've now had 2 post-lockdown punts with 2 separate regulars of mine.  They have both told me that, apart from the first 2 weeks immediately after lockdown was announced (when there was nothing on the roads), business has been booming for them.  Not only have they not seen a drop in business, but both of them are busier than pre-lockdown.

I've waded through post after post of 'advice' and remonstration on the perils of punting during lockdown from a large number of posters on here and it turns out that most punters have carefully weighed up the pros and cons of this whole crisis and have decided that getting their cock sucked is way more important than other people's safety.  Yes, it turns out we really are as shallow as we had feared.

Here at UKP (assuming we're fairly representative of the punting world at large), either we are unbelievably blessed with a number of honest, considerate and socially responsible punters or said number are actually lying, hypocritical, sanctimonious sacks of shit.

So, if you're the type to advise, guide, remonstrate or lecture fellow punters on here, please be aware your credibility is not as good as you think it is.

Care to name the people you've claimed are hypocritical?  :unknown:

Offline JonnyS

I think you're being a bit heavy handed calling out members you don't know, for doing something they may not have done.

I can understand your perspective on this, but there have been punters on here openly admitting that they did continue to punt while others warned against. Not everyone has been preaching from the same book over the past few months.

I'd also say it's pretty disrespectful to the wider membership of the forum to tar everyone with the same brush. I haven't punted since February, so I'd love to get back out there again soon. But at the same time I'm not going to lecture anyone based on the word of 2 girls being busy in lockdown. For all we know, they could have just been busier because a small handful of punters had less options to choose from.

Offline masseyferguson

I'm inclined to agree with the OP on this one, and I certainly don't think he should be challenged about his opinion, because the balance of probability clearly supports his position.
Please don't "cancel" anybody on this forum of all places !!
Wider society in overrun with woke virtue signalling posturers, so why would we expect this forum to be any different ? I think everybody should be less hypocritical and more prepared to "be themselves" and we should end this unhealthy pernicious "group think" that is quite literally, I believe, destroying our tolerant liberal democracy.
Oops, sorry about the rant :)

Offline JonnyS

I'm inclined to agree with the OP on this one, and I certainly don't think he should be challenged about his opinion, because the balance of probability clearly supports his position.
Please don't "cancel" anybody on this forum of all places !!
Wider society in overrun with woke virtue signalling posturers, so why would we expect this forum to be any different ? I think everybody should be less hypocritical and more prepared to "be themselves" and we should end this unhealthy pernicious "group think" that is quite literally, I believe, destroying our tolerant liberal democracy.
Oops, sorry about the rant :)

To say the OPs opinion shouldn't be challenged is I think the opposite of the defence you were trying to argue, and I don't believe that the balance of probability is sufficient to prove his point.

He made his point, mine was simply a counter-perspective suggesting that his comments were potentially too wide ranging and maybe misinformed.

Offline Naughtyboyuk

For what it’s worth I have met 2 regulars since lockdown and spoken to, but not met, 2 others....all 4 report that during lockdown trade did drop off significantly, through a combination of their choice not to work and most punters staying away.  They tell me things are slowly picking up but they are limiting themselves to regulars who they feel they can trust.

So I don’t think the OP was a mug, but sensibly showed restraint at the height of lockdown..as I think most of us did.

It does seem time however to start having some fun, but perhaps with regulars as we all regain our confidence

Offline Belgarion

Lockdown isn't over

I haven't punted during this period and have no intention of punting as there are more important things in life, like breathing.

I have family risking their lives in ICU wards to save others and I'll not spit in their faces just to get laid.

Offline masseyferguson

To say the OPs opinion shouldn't be challenged is I think the opposite of the defence you were trying to argue, and I don't believe that the balance of probability is sufficient to prove his point.

He made his point, mine was simply a counter-perspective suggesting that his comments were potentially too wide ranging and maybe misinformed.
Yes agreed, poor choice of words Jonny, I certainly think anybody can be challenged, what I probably should have said is that I don't think his suggestion should be dismissed out of hand.

Offline masseyferguson

Lockdown isn't over

I haven't punted during this period and have no intention of punting as there are more important things in life, like breathing.

I have family risking their lives in ICU wards to save others and I'll not spit in their faces just to get laid.

Now this is where I'm afraid we need to moderate our language, and not raise the emotive temperature. The stats are a long way from being clear at the moment, and it's true, there is at least a chance that working in the NHS has become more dangerous ( usually ranked about 6th most dangerous ) in the past 4 months then working in construction ( 2rd ) or agriculture  ( 1st ) for example ... but actually I doubt it. If you work in health, you know you're going to meet infectious people as part of your daily routine. If you work in agriculture, all your life you're feeding the nation ( as important as health I think you'll agree ? ) and are in the most dangerous profession in the country in year after year statistics.
Now I have every respect for anybody who is so dedicated to any job that they are prepared to face down risks, and in the current climate that certainly includes health care workers .... but that doesn't mean he NHS is peopled exclusively by saints and martyrs.
There are many ways of living a heroic life.
In fact when this is all blown over the conclusion will probably be that the NHS has failed the country quite badly for many decades and that massive reform is required.