Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: hiding images from uke when logged in on ukp  (Read 2331 times)

Offline claretandblue

in the last week or so when logged in there are lots of large images of hookers on uke visible when logged into ukp,which is not ideal when you do most of your site browsing on mobile on busy commuter trains! :scare:

Is there a way to turn off all images/links to uke from ukp when logged in on here?

Offline Bunbury

Have to agree with you on that.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
Lately have noticed pics automatically coming popping up at the Bottm of the Screen with links UKE, even though I am logged in.

Is this a default setting, or am I able to tweak the settings in my acocunt it so that they no longer appear at the bottom of the screen.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Online Waterhouse

Would be good to be able to toggle on or off, especially when I am on the site at home... I can get by easily enough without being seen by the better half if there is just text on the page and have scrolled past the 'UKPunting' banner on the top of the page, but the media banners at the bottom of the page are definitely going to attract more attention and scrutinising glances.

Also I imagine they use more data when out and about.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
in the last week or so when logged in there are lots of large images of hookers on uke visible when logged into ukp,which is not ideal when you do most of your site browsing on mobile on busy commuter trains! :scare:

Is there a way to turn off all images/links to uke from ukp when logged in on here?

+1

Didn't realise you posted about this earlier today, asd I made same query a short while back.  Makes it pretty obvious when you are on train, epsecially going through tunnels  :lol:

Offline claretandblue

+1

Didn't realise you posted about this earlier today, asd I made same query a short while back.  Makes it pretty obvious when you are on train, epsecially going through tunnels  :lol:

Is it a no then? It makes the site pretty ununsable on my commute which is a shame

OldAdmin

What difference is it from the hardcore images posted inside threads and reviews?
Like this: https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=241965.0
At least the UKE banner is in the footer of pages.

Offline shagmore

What difference is it from the hardcore images posted inside threads?

very true

Online Waterhouse

What difference is it from the hardcore images posted inside threads?
I find it is hard to avoid the banners because they're on every page, even if you're sending a PM, and especially if you use 'show unread posts' and 'show new replies to your posts' links - if there are no new posts or replies then your phone/iPad screen mainly has two footers full of SP images.

It's easier to avoid when looking at a review or one of HP's grusome galleries as you can choose not to read the review or to quickly scroll past the images with your hand over the screen or re-angling the screen until you've scrolled past them.  This method is not ideal for every single page though.

I don't mind seeing the images at the bottom when I'm alone or not in a public space, in fact quite the opposite, hence a feature to toggle the footers/banners on or off would be ideal.

Hope that makes sense.

Offline claretandblue

What difference is it from the hardcore images posted inside threads and reviews?
Like this: https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=241965.0
At least the UKE banner is in the footer of pages.
Purely the frequency as its on every single page, threads that i will check daily like soho walk up etc dont have any images and neither do lots of reviews  :hi:

Offline cueball

Just scroll carefully  :unknown:

Once you see the "quick reply" button you know you're about to see a bank of prossie pics.

I've no problem with it, in fact it's reminding me why i like podging rented pussy  :D

Online Waterhouse

Just scroll carefully  :unknown:

Once you see the "quick reply" button you know you're about to see a bank of prossie pics.

Doesn't  work when you click the 'show unread posts' and 'show new replies to your posts' links and there are no new posts or replies.... your screen is simply full of SP pics with no ability to scroll up or down.

Online Waterhouse

Would it be possible to add an 'expand +' and 'collapse -' button to the banner section... like there used to be for the 'who's online last 30 minutes' section before it was removed?

Online Waterhouse

Doesn't  work when you click the 'show unread posts' and 'show new replies to your posts' links and there are no new posts or replies.... your screen is simply full of SP pics with no ability to scroll up or down.
Screenshot to show what I mean...

Hidden Image/Members Only

James999

I agree, the UKE banner is very intrusive on the pages and an option to hide would be beneficial.

Offline Moby Dick

I don't mind the banners. No different to having photos attached to reviews or some avatars.
However has something changed. I rarely used to see them unless I hadn't posted for a week or more.
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=219743.msg2224203#msg2224203

OldAdmin

Yes they now show up to all members, no more exemption for members with high post count.

Other sites have popups and spyware adware trojan advert banners earning the site owner hundreds per month, whereas UKP has simple thumbnails linking to it's free sister site...

Offline mh

Does anyone else play the game of trying to guess the girl from the cropped thumbnail images?  :D

I'd say I have a 60%-70% success rate...

Cross promotion of the sites is understandable, but you're advertising UKE to a lot of people who know of it and visit regularly. I suspect the following suggestion wouldn't be possible because of browser/cookie storage restrictions, but I guess an ideal situation would be not showing the images by default to someone already logged in on UKE as well as UKP.

Offline jeanphillipe

Yes they now show up to all members, no more exemption for members with high post count.

Other sites have popups and spyware adware trojan advert banners earning the site owner hundreds per month, whereas UKP has simple thumbnails linking to it's free sister site...

this is why i thought you had done it. got no problems with it,

im going to wager UKE gets more traffic when banners are active on UKP, i must admit i rarely visited UKE when the banners were gone and now if is see a pic i like; i always check it out.

Offline nigel4498

Have the thumbnail banners from UKE disappeared?
Seem to be not showing for me  :unknown:

James999

They've gone for now, but Admin tends to switch things around a fair bit.

Personally I think it's much better without the images  :thumbsup:

Offline nigel4498

Offline PepeMAGA

You can probably get rid of you install pop up blocker on your mobile and block that specific ad.... Or wait til you're in private to look at UKP

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
You can probably get rid of you install pop up blocker on your mobile and block that specific ad.... Or wait til you're in private to look at UKP

It was never an ad, it was a banner and part of the page.

Offline PepeMAGA

It was never an ad, it was a banner and part of the page.
doesnt matter, you're blocking the link, not the type of link. adblock I meant, not pop up blocker

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
doesnt matter, you're blocking the link, not the type of link. adblock I meant, not pop up blocker

How can you select what part of the page to block? the link is to the whole page.  :unknown:

Offline mh

How can you select what part of the page to block? the link is to the whole page.  :unknown:

All images in a web page are links to the image files that could be blocked by an ad blocker, it isn't just things you have to click on that are links. An ad blocker just doesn't retrieve the targeted image files so the browser won't display it.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
All images in a web page are links to the image files that could be blocked by an ad blocker, it isn't just things you have to click on that are links. An ad blocker just doesn't retrieve the targeted image files so the browser won't display it.

Cheers

Offline Moby Dick

And me.
I liked the look of some of them.

Have the thumbnail banners from UKE disappeared?
Seem to be not showing for me  :unknown:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Still at the bottom of the page if your not logged on which is fair enough but just not in your face once you sign in

Offline Horizontal pleasures

HEY! The images have vanished, THANKS mister Admin!

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
Lately have noticed pics automatically coming popping up at the Bottm of the Screen with links UKE, even though I am logged in.

Is this a default setting, or am I able to tweak the settings in my acocunt it so that they no longer appear at the bottom of the screen.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

HEY! The images have vanished, THANKS mister Admin!

+1.

Cheers Admin  :thumbsup:

Offline Doc Holliday

Still at the bottom of the page if your not logged on which is fair enough but just not in your face once you sign in

Seems to have gone now even if not logged in?

Matters not to me either way, but also on the home page the right hand column now only shows the name of the last poster and time of post but not the topic?

Once again not an issue, but just curious if that is deliberate change or just an upgrade glitch?

Offline claretandblue

The images are back again,no more browsing on my commute then!  :dash:

Offline Horizontal pleasures

The images are back again,no more browsing on my commute then!  :dash:
It must be the Claret for breakfast? I cannot see these images.

OldAdmin

I wonder what those complaining in 2019 about thumbnail pics to (free site) UKE showing at bottom of pages on (free site) UKP would feel like if it was 2009 and there was no UKP, only forum sites like Pro$$ieNet where not only did they have advertising banners but punters couldn't post anything critical or negative of prossies because the prossies and pimps funded the sites with their advertising, or in the case of one site, you had to pay £15/month to post on the forum and read reviews.

Offline freeze44

I wonder what those complaining in 2019 about thumbnail pics to (free site) UKE showing at bottom of pages on (free site) UKP would feel like if it was 2009 and there was no UKP, only forum sites like Pro$$ieNet where not only did they have advertising banners but punters couldn't post anything critical or negative of prossies because the prossies and pimps funded the sites with their advertising, or in the case of one site, you had to pay £15/month to post on the forum and read reviews.

:thumbsup: No complaints here!

Offline claretandblue

£15 to review a prostitute?  :lol:

PS - pics have disappeared  :yahoo:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 12:42:46 pm by claretandblue »

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
£15 to review a prostitute?  :lol:

Even ISG required subs at one point, don't know if this still applies there.

When I first came across ISG, it was free to read, but in order to be able to access PMs and pics(?), you had to pay a one-off subscription. I was very tempted at the time, but due to the number of posts that I had made, I was categorised as Senior Punter/Member (?), and with this priviledge in the end I did not have to pay the Subs.

Offline claretandblue

Even ISG required subs at one point, don't know if this still applies there.

When I first came across ISG, it was free to read, but in order to be able to access PMs and pics(?), you had to pay a one-off subscription. I was very tempted at the time, but due to the number of posts that I had made, I was categorised as Senior Punter/Member (?), and with this priviledge in the end I did not have to pay the Subs.
Whats ISG? I am surprised awork isnt behind a paywall to be honest as if that was a couple of quid a month I bet the vast majority would pay it as whats the alternative,that said the notion that people were paying £15 a month to read peoples reviews years and years ago is absolutely staggering!

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
Whats ISG? I am surprised awork isnt behind a paywall to be honest as if that was a couple of quid a month I bet the vast majority would pay it as whats the alternative,that said the notion that people were paying £15 a month to read peoples reviews years and years ago is absolutely staggering!

I've always been surprised as well that AW does not charge punters for accessing their site, even if it was a nomial fee of say £1 per month. Most punters would pay for this, given that it is now THE main site for finding WGs. Perhaps they are happy and busy ripping off profiles with PG income such that they have not yet got round to charging punters to access it. Oh well, make the most of it til then.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator

It's another forum but I would be careful posting links, only UKE is really allowed.   :hi:

Offline smiths

Absolutely right as I know from experience. :thumbsup: Seems a lot of moaners on here lately, if that bothered don't view UKP/UKE when there are other people around you don't wish to see you doing so, I don't. Its not rocket science.

JamesFD

It's another forum but I would be careful posting links, only UKE is really allowed.   :hi:
I'm not sure if my post was deleted because of the link to ISG but it has been linked to many times before. The site rules only prohibit posting links to UK-centric punting forums but if I was incorrect then I apologise.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
I'm not sure if my post was deleted because of the link to ISG but it has been linked to many times before. The site rules only prohibit posting links to UK-centric punting forums but if I was incorrect then I apologise.

Might just be me who thinks it's a bit disrespectful to post links to other fora on a thread concerning this site where Admin has queried complaints and has pointed out is free to use.

If he feels I've made a mistake then I'm sure he'll replace it and I will apologise for my error of judgement.

Offline Home Alone

PS - pics have disappeared  :yahoo: Thank you, Admin.

Corrected for you.  :hi:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 03:32:31 pm by Home Alone »

Offline Doc Holliday

Just curious but how do all those complaining deal with viewing AW?

As far as I can tell for my account, the banner is there when not logged in but vanishes when I do?

Either stay logged in or if that is a security issue for you just quickly login when you want to read the forum. Banner gone problem solved .. not that it is a problem anyway?

JamesFD

Might just be me who thinks it's a bit disrespectful to post links to other fora on a thread concerning this site where Admin has queried complaints and has pointed out is free to use.

If he feels I've made a mistake then I'm sure he'll replace it and I will apologise for my error of judgement.
I was simply responding to another members question in the spirit of sharing information, which in general is what this forum is about. It's never ocurred to me to tailor a reply depending on the subject matter referred to in the post title.

Anyway I meant no disrespect which is why I'm careful which links I post on this forum. There's no great loss if the post stays deleted.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
I was simply responding to another members question in the spirit of sharing information, which in general is what this forum is about. It's never ocurred to me to tailor a reply depending on the subject matter referred to in the post title.

Anyway I meant no disrespect which is why I'm careful which links I post on this forum. There's no great loss if the post stays deleted.

Didn't want to imply you were being disrespectful, I just thought it out of place in a thread of this nature, which seems to be complaints about UKE banners showing, to link to another punting forum.

I will bring it to Admin's attention in the mods forum.   :hi: