Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Harlots BBC TWO  (Read 4346 times)

Offline jordan452

Drama about two rival Brothels set in 18th century London Soho.

External Link/Members Only

Offline signy

Loved series 1&2; waiting for series 3 to appear on DVD.

Nancy Birch was my favourite character, but then I have issues.

Offline watsey

So my wife who hasn't shown the slightest interest in sex for a decade or more now wants to watch the TV series 'Harlots'.
Perhaps it will rekindle her interest  :unknown:

Offline standardpostage

So my wife who hasn't shown the slightest interest in sex for a decade or more now wants to watch the TV series 'Harlots'.
Wishful thinking, maybe !   
But you never know !   
Stranger things have happened !    :)

Offline wombat42

You can imagine the appalling lack of hygiene in those days. No bathrooms. No toilets except for a toilet bowl. No running water apart from a street water pump. No wet wipes. Perfume and scent used to waft away the foul smells.

Then there's the dirty clothes and dirty houses (no vacuum cleaner or washing machine).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 12:34:40 pm by wombat42 »

Offline rubric

Not to dump on your dreams, but there are plenty of women (especially) who enjoy films/series like these vicariously but also enjoy moralising about how 'disgusting' it all is.

Offline wombat42

You can imagine the appalling lack of hygiene in those days. No bathrooms. No toilets except for a toilet bowl. No running water apart from a street water pump. No wet wipes. Perfume and scent used to waft away the foul smells.

Then there's the dirty clothes and dirty houses (no vacuum cleaner or washing machine).

Then there's sexually transmitted diseases, likelyhood of unwanted pregancy and nasty abortions.

Offline wombat42

Not to dump on your dreams, but there are plenty of women (especially) who enjoy films/series like these vicariously but also enjoy moralising about how 'disgusting' it all is.

There was a batch of British films in late 50s early 60s (you can catch them on Talking Pictures Freeview Channel 81) which had a prelude where an authority figure said the following film was a lesson in sordidness and depravity (such as prostitution) but may well have been a wheeze to get the films past the censor claiming it was a moral tale but really the film was meant for the "dirty mac brigade".
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 03:48:27 pm by wombat42 »

Offline TwoShot

It's interesting that there was a UK Punting equivalent at that time.

Not a lot has changed in the last few hundred years!

Offline Littlefoot

Just binged watched series one. Lucy’s the cute one, Charlotte looks a good fuck. Looking forward to series 2. I have a feeling cute Lucy might start to come out her shell a tad more.

Not a lot changes through the years re paying for sexual services.  :hi:

Offline Malvolio

Then there's sexually transmitted diseases, likelyhood of unwanted pregancy and nasty abortions.

None of this put people off punting in London 250 years ago - makes you proud to be British.

Offline bhudda

Just binged watched series one. Lucy’s the cute one, Charlotte looks a good fuck. Looking forward to series 2. I have a feeling cute Lucy might start to come out her shell a tad more.

Not a lot changes through the years re paying for sexual services.  :hi:

charlotte shagged the chauffeur in downton abbey if I recall - dirty minx 

Offline Mr Marbles

I noticed this was being repeated and I've been meaning to watch it for a while (still got Season 1 on the Sky Q box from last time it was on). It looks similar to the French TV series Maison Close which was excellent. I'm not sure how easy it is to get hold of but I recommend it highly.

Offline willie loman

Stds were a major problem, but there was an awareness of hygiene, and odour, turkish woman were valued for their clean parts. If you read the private correspondence of famous writers etc, plenty of discussions of blow jobs etc, while their novels were full of crap about glimpsing ankles, gay activity as is still the case, was to be found wherever men urinated, court records reveal how people really lived, then as now.

Offline willie loman

Yes ive noticed dramas about trafficking always feature plenty of shots of women in lingerie, plus rape scenes are de rigeur, guardian readers love that sort of crap,prefer to be a card carrying pervert myself.

Online webpunter

There are indeed plenty of such women
Likely to be battle axe members of our friends over @ M-net

The ex wife made reference about a program on Marbella by the gooner twat twat [PiersMorg]
Him spilling the beans
What a cunt
I've spilt many a bean there  :lol:

Piers also did one on Las Vegas
My mate who was married at the time got a grilling as he'd just got back from a trade show there
Fortunately he could say with honesty that he didnt do anything of the like
Not through lack of trying - just very hard to arrange & not be ripped off, so he gave up
Hookering there is a waste of time unless you have very deep pockets
Although amazing lappy bars +R&T venues for the hangover horn HJ when surfacing
Neither of which count as being unfaithful of course !  :yahoo:

Edit:  i kid you not if you write PiersM [full name] with a space it converts to "twat"  How cool is that  :lol: Try it
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 07:02:06 pm by webpunter »

Offline Plan R

Looks really interesting and still available to buy now.
I've got a few books on brass rubbing in London in the 1700s, but never knew about these  :hi:

Online scutty brown

She's just checking on what you're up to..........

Online scutty brown

project Gutenberg has a transcript of the 1788 edition

talk about fluffy.........

Online webpunter

Ex-fuckin-actly
She will be watching hubby just as much as the box to check for any reaction

She's just checking on what you're up to..........

Offline B4bcock

Ex-fuckin-actly
She will be watching hubby just as much as the box to check for any reaction

No chance of him cracking off a crafty one whilst watching Samantha Morton's heaving bosom, then.   :)

Online webpunter

:lol:
More like the wife waiting for a moment to ask a question like "have you would you ever pay for it ?"
How you want to respond is

"WTF do you think after no action for a decade you stupid M-netter battle axe bitch ?
The only things i'm not sure of is how many times i've done it or how much i've spent having lots of fun
Deffo enough cash to buy a nice car"

No chance of him cracking off a crafty one whilst watching Samantha Morton's heaving bosom, then.   :)

Offline watsey

Loved series 1&2; waiting for series 3 to appear on DVD.

Nancy Birch was my favourite character, but then I have issues.
I can understand that but I'm fancying
Charlotte Wells played by Jessica Brown-Findlay.
Sexy husky voice and sultry.

Offline watsey

:lol:
More like the wife waiting for a moment to ask a question like "have you would you ever pay for it ?"
How you want to respond is

"WTF do you think after no action for a decade you stupid M-netter battle axe bitch ?
The only things i'm not sure of is how many times i've done it or how much i've spent having lots of fun
Deffo enough cash to buy a nice car"
:D :D :D
Doubt it.
She's too naive.
She loved Versailles too.
It's the intellectual and historical quality of the programmes. :lol:

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Some things it seems - never change:(...

and i quote...

"Some listings also imply a degree of dissatisfaction on the part of the customer; in the 1773 edition, Miss Dean exhibited "great indifference" while entertaining her client, busying herself by cracking nuts while he was "acting his joys". Others are scorned for wearing too much makeup, and some for being "lazy bedfellows". A popular view that prostitutes were licentious, hot-blooded and hungry for sex was incompatible with the knowledge that most worked for money, and the lists therefore criticise women whose demands for payment appeared a little too mercenary."

Offline Plan R

"Some listings also imply a degree of dissatisfaction on the part of the customer; in the 1773 edition, Miss Dean exhibited "great indifference" while entertaining her client, busying herself by cracking nuts while he was "acting his joys".

Negative      Covent Garden, London / Miss Dean
                        << On June 15th, 1773 >>

WG;                      Looked nothing like the engraving
Punt:                     Indifferent clock watcher, busied herself cracking nuts while I trying to crack mine
Recommended ?    No