Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Risk of ringing a number you have a suspicion may be a private gallery scam?  (Read 783 times)

Offline Anonymous James

Hi, there is a profile that has caught my eye on AW but I am not 100% sure it is legit or not. The account is not verified, however there are 2 reviews - one positive, the other neutral but complimentary. There is also a number displayed so it leads me to wonder, if it is in fact a private gallery scam, then what is the risk of ringing the number that's been provided on her page? If any?

(This may have already been asked and explained before but I couldn't find anything about it, so sorry if it has)

spkmstr48

Hi, there is a profile that has caught my eye on AW but I am not 100% sure it is legit or not. The account is not verified, however there are 2 reviews - one positive, the other neutral but complimentary. There is also a number displayed so it leads me to wonder, if it is in fact a private gallery scam, then what is the risk of ringing the number that's been provided on her page? If any?

(This may have already been asked and explained before but I couldn't find anything about it, so sorry if it has)

No risk from an unregistered punting phone.

Offline Corus Boy

As long as it is a 07** number and not a premium rate number that may eat up you credit.

JV547845

From your punting phone if you ring it, they normally just ring and don't answer.  I've heard if you text them they can forward the texts to a premium service so don't do that on a suspect profile.

Offline Zeusthedoc

A chat with an o2 customer service representative indicated that:

mobile numbers that start 070.... are registered off mainland UK. They are often therefore not included in 'price plans' for minutes etc...

almost all people will have PAYG punting phones, but if you are calling from a contract phone, it's worth keeping this in mind.

Offline Anonymous James

Thanks for the replies, very helpful!

Offline Corus Boy

Same with Vodafone;

Question Raised:

Ive recently become aware that 070 numbers are in effect premium rate numbers to which vodafone charge over 60p a minute to call. I have recently been caught out calling this type of number using autotrader.

My query is why are these numbers not part of the premium calls block list thats active on my account. To me they are clearly premium rate calls that charge unstandard charges i.e. not non georaphical or geographical like 0844 and 0845 and 0870 numbers and not local calls. Therfore they should be in with the block list or at least have an option to do this.

I thought I would be protected from such calls but alas no. Why? why is there no warning? given that these types of numbers look a lot like an ordinary mobile shouldnt vodafone do more to help? or is it because of the revenue that vodafone can make that these are left unblocked?

Vodafone Reply:

Personal numbers start 070 and are non geographical numbers.

The charges associated with calls to these numbers are not set by Vodafone.

You can find more information on call charges here.

spkmstr48

Same with Vodafone;

Question Raised:

Ive recently become aware that 070 numbers are in effect premium rate numbers to which vodafone charge over 60p a minute to call. I have recently been caught out calling this type of number using autotrader.

My query is why are these numbers not part of the premium calls block list thats active on my account. To me they are clearly premium rate calls that charge unstandard charges i.e. not non georaphical or geographical like 0844 and 0845 and 0870 numbers and not local calls. Therfore they should be in with the block list or at least have an option to do this.

I thought I would be protected from such calls but alas no. Why? why is there no warning? given that these types of numbers look a lot like an ordinary mobile shouldnt vodafone do more to help? or is it because of the revenue that vodafone can make that these are left unblocked?

Vodafone Reply:

Personal numbers start 070 and are non geographical numbers.

The charges associated with calls to these numbers are not set by Vodafone.

You can find more information on call charges here.

Typical unhelpful, corporate,  scripted reply.