Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Doctors fear spread of 'super-gonorrhoea' across Britain - Guardian  (Read 2988 times)

Offline hockogrockle

Indeed. When I had my last sexual health check-up in January, there was a poster in the clinic saying "Gonorrhoea Just Got Nastier". The news about its increasing resistance to current treatments had just come out.

SUMO61

External Link/Members Only

Oh well, condom back on for oral then. Just when i'd convinced myself i'd treat myself to an OWO :(

Offline cueball

Heard it radio whilst driving today, 34 known cases thought the country.

Midlands and London were mentioned.

There has been plenty of chatter on here before.

The sensationalist news says super clap, when you dig a little deeper it's treatable with different drugs.

I'm no expert though.

It's food for thought.

Offline smiths

External Link/Members Only

This story isn't new but do I find it worrying, hell yes, will I stop punting or only go for OW instead of OWO, no I wont. The only thing that would change my mind is if I got infected which I know could happen. Until then I will continue to punt as I do going to the GUM on a regular basis and taking the risks as I see them for the rewards on offer.

Offline punk

Heard it radio whilst driving today, 34 known cases thought the country.

Midlands and London were mentioned.

There has been plenty of chatter on here before.

The sensationalist news says super clap, when you dig a little deeper it's treatable with different drugs.

I'm no expert though.

It's food for thought.

No,there is now only one Drug left and in America they are having to double and triple the normal dose.

If i remember correctly there have been a couple of cases from Japan and i think Norway were there has been a mutation of this Gonorrhoea were it is virtually bullet proof.

Offline lostandfound

It's interesting - a cure for HIV is apparently just around the corner, and I recall reading that was a super virus, with fast mutation making it a moving target, but no match it seems for the determined use of modern medical science. Hopefully the same level of resources will be dedicated to developing new antibiotics as have been used to combat HIV, as it is a broader issue than just sexually transmitted disease.

Diehard

Oh well, condom back on for oral then. Just when i'd convinced myself i'd treat myself to an OWO :(

Yep spot on. Also no reverse oral anymore. Just half hour bookings for me now, simple, fuck, cum and go

Offline StevenS

It's interesting - a cure for HIV is apparently just around the corner, and I recall reading that was a super virus, with fast mutation making it a moving target, but no match it seems for the determined use of modern medical science. Hopefully the same level of resources will be dedicated to developing new antibiotics as have been used to combat HIV, as it is a broader issue than just sexually transmitted disease.

Medical advancements do eventually overtake the pace of mutation and resistance. However im not prepared to piss fire for a few years while that happens.

Offline lostandfound

Medical advancements do eventually overtake the pace of mutation and resistance. However im not prepared to piss fire for a few years while that happens.

I don't expect you would, and nor have I said you or anyone else would.  :unknown:

will-ow

I went for my check up (every month/ 2 months) central London and the guy said there were no cases down this way! But only time will tell ....

Offline rhubarb

Medical advancements do eventually overtake the pace of mutation and resistance.
Unless I'm misunderstanding your point, it's exactly the opposite way round. I've actually never heard drug resistance discussed from that angle before, it's always about the sheer speed with which diseases can become immune to treatments and how few we have left that still work.
 There's now no safely net for some forms of this disease, it's resistant to the last-line-of-defence drugs and there's no new treatments even in the long term. I don't even know what that means for victims in practice.. Literally permanent gonorrhoea with no hope of cure? Now THAT can go fuck itself!
They're saying they can't trace most of the sexual partners of those infected people, but 94% of the ones they found had it. Many with no symptoms. Lots with the disease in the throat from oral sex.
I'm not sure how to ever risk OWO again.. Its the symptomless aspect that should worry everyone. A single WG touring could infect  hundreds and would have no way to contact them afterwards.
I'm sure there was a thread on here before from a guy who had it and even with the treatment working it was a horrific disease to have.. Imagine getting told " well sir, I'm afraid that agonising discharge will be with you for, well forever. Sorry.. Did you like having sex at all?  I'm sure you'll find something that's just as fun to do instead "

Offline punk

I went for my check up (every month/ 2 months) central London and the guy said there were no cases down this way! But only time will tell ....

Well far from disagreeing with him, but it is present in london,west midland's,south /north of England.

Offline El Jefe

That's OWO and RO off the menu then.  :(

Offline Donnie69

To put this in context many other infectious diseases could soon become untreatable.

You don't catch those from having sex either.  It does certainly make me think.

Offline punk

The days of the antibiotics era are coming to an end.

Its only the big pharmaceutical companies who are stoping either developing new antibiotics or the development of phage therapy.

Offline gary03

Is it now time for us marrieds to only have hr? As catching incurable sti not what wifey wants to hear?

Offline cueball

Just to put an opposite twist on this....

How many of you have caught treatable gonorrhea from owo?

Me? Never!

I'm not in any way saying it's not possible and could happen in the future though.

I don't know what the odds are and I'd be interested to find out.

Still food for thought though.

Offline uncle jessie

Yeah and I don't see any WG's on AW in a panic to remove OWO from their services, this super gonorrhoea has been known about for quite a long time now, but recently gets another mention in a newspaper and on the radio, mainly just for something to take up a bit of column space/air time because there is feck all else to mention that day and its panic stations again  :scare: .

Offline jawill

Just to put an opposite twist on this....

How many of you have caught treatable gonorrhea from owo?

Me? Never!

I did from OWO a few years ago.  Started with painful urination about 5 days after seeing the girl, then noticed some yellow/greeny ooze coming out of my cock, followed by constant pain in the nuts and groin area.  Was quite nasty and the amount of gunk coming out was just gross.  Had the injection in the butt (hurts like hell as its intramuscular) and the 4 antibiotics to take at once and thank god it went. 

Since then...... never done OWO since.   And to think of having that permanently with no cure - no way!

Just talking of RO and catching it in the throat...... its rare for this to happen, more rare than OWO, and especially for a man to catch it from licking a pussy.  If it did infect the throat, the throat will usually kill it off within 3 months by itself as the bacteria finds it hard to live there.

Worst thing you can do believe it or not before and after punting is use mouthwash.  It inflames the gums, throat and lining of the mouth making it easier for bacteria and viruses to penetrate.

Offline gary03

Reason its in news is wider issue of anti biotics bec9ming useless at curing us.this could just be tip of iceberg.could soon be vd as well & that can kill you quicker than aids