Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Euphemistic phrases in reviews  (Read 6272 times)

Offline snaitram99

A split infinitive  :scare:

Read Gower's "Plain Words" on this. (Can't find a "boring" smiley  :hi:)

Offline Nagilum

"We sorted the paperwork" is the one that gets me - it's a punt and it's not going to happen unless you pay her.

Not entirely true, many times I have paid at the end.

Offline Nagilum

Must confess I am guiltly of using "Mac" but nothing else really. I may have used "paperwork" once.

vw

Must confess I am guiltly of using "Mac" but nothing else really. I may have used "paperwork" once.

Correction 7 times !   :lol: :lol:

I have mentioned once, and that was the paper work the enchantress carried into the hotel as was her first hotel punt and felt she needed a prop to get past reception !
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:38:18 pm by vw »

Offline Nagilum

Correction 7 times !   :lol: :lol:

I have mentioned once, and that was the paper work the enchantress carried into the hotel as was her first hotel punt and felt she needed a prop to get past reception !

Damn it.  :dash:

Offline Nagilum

In your defence it was 6 reviews

~Twice in this one

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=80804.0

It's evolving, I noticed my style changing as I write them. Going forward I'm cutting the terms out. I just assumed it was normal in my infancy.

Offline Marmalade

I took Nik's mention of 'paperwork' as merely as a symbol of twattish euphemism-addiction. It's pointless having a 'list of frowned-on phrases' cos the fluffies masturbating over their keyboards in memory of the last punt, always infinitely more sensual than anything anybody else could ever experience, will simply invent more redundant wordiness to delight in their own column "inches".  :cool:  :bomb:

Offline G.Raff

I use them myself, but ony because i thought it was the lingo of the forum.  Never thought of it that way before.  :unknown:

+1
Same here, and I suspect most newbies think the same as they try to fit in.

It doesn't bother me when I read these expressions per se', it's the wider context in which they are used that can be irritating.

vw

I took Nik's mention of 'paperwork' as merely as a symbol of twattish euphemism-addiction. It's pointless having a 'list of frowned-on phrases' cos the fluffies masturbating over their keyboards in memory of the last punt, always infinitely more sensual than anything anybody else could ever experience, will simply invent more redundant wordiness to delight in their own column "inches".  :cool:  :bomb:

Any prossie mentioning paperwork or one that corrects you that it is the paperwork has historically been a lower quality for me, often more seasoned pros, or someone that assumes you are new to the game and can take the piss with services use the phrase.

Big red flag to me now when it is written on a prossie profile.

5th Musketeer

At least I remembered the full stop. :D

Dave
Actually - it looked like a question mark to me - but I have been known to be wrong occasionally.  :lol:

Offline Newtothisstuff

It doesn't bother me. The only thing that does (and I'm guilty myself) is when auto correct changes what someone typed in and they don't change it back.
If I don't change it, anal corrects to analysis.

5th Musketeer

If I don't change it, anal corrects to analysis.
I totally understand, but it's even worse when it is vice versa!

Offline Marmalade

I switched off auto correct for that reason. It's like being corrected by a blind Miss Brodie.

5th Musketeer

I switched off auto correct for that reason. It's like being corrected by a blind Miss Brodie.
:D :D

oring123

my style  if you can call it that type words
It doesn't bother me. The only thing that does (and I'm guilty myself) is when auto correct changes what one typed in and i don't change it back.
If I don't change it, anal corrects to analysis. ( yes borrowed from poster above i know  )

Offline Marmalade

So read the post using preview. Then read it again when you've hit 'post' to fix any errors you missed (which is what I confess I often have done).

oring123

yes i am doing that more now
 but very hard on mobile , on laptop piss easy
thanks for info though
oring

Offline Marmalade

You get used to it, depending on your phone. Sometimes switching to a different phone browser helps.

Offline Newtothisstuff

I think that providing the writer isn't writing some kind of advert for the prossie I don't care what writing style they use. We're all different. Look at who we see and what we look for.
The only thing that I would object to is people jumping on a bandwagon and trying to give someone a label like 'fluffy' just because they don't write in the style someone else likes or because they don't have the same level of experience.
Someone may have had anal sex with a girl. Fine. I don't want to read details about his hairy arse bouncing up and down. If that's how they want to write about it, then that's up to them and I'd defend their right to do that. I'd rather they write something than be scared off.
Attacking someone for their writing style will just scare people off writing a review. I'd rather read a review in any style than not be able to find one because some members have silenced others.

oring123

i agree with comment  above all information is useful information
it gives the punter a chance to make his own mind up
about which wg to see,
far better than  T.O.F.T.B.
style of punting. (less risk ) to £s