Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Delete clipboard items from your phone! And set keyboard app to incognito  (Read 800 times)

NotThePrimeMinister

I have an android phone with the SwiftKey keyboard app (so do swuillions of people, so this doesn't identify me much).

I don't know if it's an Android setting or a SwiftKey thing, but I have just noticed that the clipboard retains text I had copied in the past, and this does not get cleared after a reboot.

Like many, I write a draft of my reviews on the phone then post it. In some apps, a long press brings up only "paste" as an option. In others, it brings up paste and clipboard. I clicked on clipboard, and I could see shit I had written weeks ago! Of course I deleted it straight away! SwiftKey also has a clipboard menu.

Also, remember to set your keyboard to incognito. This is easy to do with SwiftKey and it means it won't remember the new words you type. Imagine you're writing a text to your OH and the autocorrect brings up a dodgy word that might reveal your hobby...

Offline Redmango

I too have SwiftKey but I've never seen the incognito setting. I am always anxious when someone asks to use my phone to send a message or browse something on the Web.

Is there a way to delete revert it to factory settings?

NotThePrimeMinister

External Link/Members Only

As for factory settings, I don't know. Maybe uninstall and reinstall it? But make sure your account is not backed up to the cloud, or it will restore all the words learnt

Offline m4rmite

Samsung has secure folder(used to be called knox), it has email and internet app inside.  Anything you copy in there can't be pasted onto the normal part of your phone.
You can even browse in secure mode within the secure folder ie incognito.
You can also set a lock separate to your main part.

I've pasted  unforgotten copied material before at unwanted times, not happened since secure folder.
You can install apps just into the secure part and have your own contact list, unseen from your normal contacts.
Just 1word of warning, your car will list all contacts including your secure ones :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 08:18:26 am by m4rmite »

NotThePrimeMinister

Thanks. Is there a generic, non-brand specific app that does something similar, but for other phones?

Offline NelsonH

If someone asked to borrow my phone I'd ask him if would lend me his toothbrush.

Offline hungrypunt

The new update also allows fro renaming of the private folder and better privacy setting. You can have 2 whatsapps, 2 kik, insta, etc etc one on your "normal part of phone" and one is your secure , set up by using a burner number from a service like "hushed" etc

Offline shagmore

One good thing with the onset of GDPR, as I use my works phone, have set biometric recognition, and cancelled content. Made a big deal about it to the GF, saying bloody nightmare, but it was a good excuse to put a lock on without raising suspicion

Offline magnetico

Samsung has secure folder [...]
Just 1word of warning, your car will list all contacts including your secure ones :thumbsdown:
Well this is why people use a punting phone  :scare:

cancelled content
?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 08:04:46 pm by magnetico »