Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Sapiosexual  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Horizontal pleasures

SAPIOSEXUALS in todays Guardian G2:
WTF does it mean?

External Link/Members Only

If you put the word Sapiosexual into AW as a search term for words mentioned in profiles, a few profiles do come up.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 02:36:53 pm by Horizontal pleasures »

Sapiosexual in Urban Dictionary

One who finds the content's of someone else's mind to be their most attractive attribute, above and before their physical characteristics. From the Latin root "sapien", meaning wise. The term is now becoming mainstream with dating apps such as OkCupid and Sapio giving users the ability to define their sexual orientations as "Sapiosexual."

For many, defining oneself as Sapiosexual is also a statement against the current status quo of hookup culture and superficiality, where looks are prized above all else.
"Give me a deep conversation or a passionate debate over brainless beauty any day. Someone who makes me reconsider my long-held beliefs and challenges my mind is a person I can easily fall for. There is no doubt that I'm a sapiosexual."
#intelligence#sapio love#dating orientation

Offline winkywanky

Initially I thought a sapiosexual might be someone turned on by soap.

However, it seems like it might just be the basis of dating sites for ugly people who can write really erudite profiles? I'd be very disappointed if they allow photographs to be attached to profiles, surely that would defeat the object?

Initially I thought a sapiosexual might be someone turned on by soap.

However, it seems like it might just be the basis of dating sites for ugly people who can write really erudite profiles? I'd be very disappointed if they allow photographs to be attached to profiles, surely that would defeat the object?

but the profiles on AW with the word Sapiosexual do have photos!
External Link/Members Only or External Link/Members Only
&
&
&

Offline winkywanky

I guess that's because it's the girl saying she'd be turned on by an intellectual punter, while at the same time realising that just like any other typical shallow bloke, they like to fuck good looking girls?

Offline winkywanky

With the exception of Poppy, they all seem to be black girls. I wonder why?

Online Waterhouse

With the exception of Poppy, they all seem to be black girls. I wonder why?
I noticed that too.  Was wondering if they were trying to seem more intellectual and move above any stereotyping or that it's a bit of a buzzword in the community. No idea TBH.   :unknown:

Offline Cupid Stuntz

An ex next door neighbour was a Sapiophile, got horny n turned on when speaking with me cos I "talked nicely, used big words and knew a lot". Dunno about that as I had to google it after she   

told me she was one (so obviously can't be that intelligent)!!

Offline LLPunting

An ex next door neighbour was a Sapiophile, got horny n turned on when speaking with me cos I "talked nicely, used big words and knew a lot". Dunno about that as I had to google it after she   

told me she was one (so obviously can't be that intelligent)!!

Don't be such a gent, did she drop her drawers for you?  Perhaps a quick gloryhole through a knot in the fence?

Offline Kingy28

They probably use it as a ruse in order for them to chat & generally waste time instead of having sex. Sapioclockrun

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
It's been a good month for pointless topics.

Offline LLPunting

Shame it's so much more difficult for male sapiosexuals to find a suitable female...

Find many self-proclaimed female sapiosexuals don't have matching credentials or disappoint on the sex side.  Finding a fit polymath who goes like the clappers is just another variety of unicorn.

Shame it's so much more difficult for male sapiosexuals to find a suitable female...

Find many self-proclaimed female sapiosexuals don't have matching credentials or disappoint on the sex side.  Finding a fit polymath who goes like the clappers is just another variety of unicorn.

Offline Bonker

Offline akauya

I agree with the general consensus that a WG stating she is sapiosexual is utter bollocks and just another marketing ploy. We are paying to have sex with them, whether they are attracted to punters or not is irrelevant.

However, I do believe that for civvies, sapiosexual is a real thing. I believe my current lover is one. There is no way in hell she would be attracted to me physically or even attracted to my "money". From most of my punts anyone can ascertain that I'm not loaded and try to go for the "economy" end of WGs.

So, at the risk of sounding up to my own arse I do believe that my lover is a true sapiosexual, either that or she's mad as a hatter to want to fuck me.

Offline akauya

I must be a bimbosexual

I tend to suffer from that affliction sometimes too  :D

Offline LLPunting

I agree with the general consensus that a WG stating she is sapiosexual is utter bollocks and just another marketing ploy. We are paying to have sex with them, whether they are attracted to punters or not is irrelevant.

However, I do believe that for civvies, sapiosexual is a real thing. I believe my current lover is one. There is no way in hell she would be attracted to me physically or even attracted to my "money". From most of my punts anyone can ascertain that I'm not loaded and try to go for the "economy" end of WGs.

So, at the risk of sounding up to my own arse I do believe that my lover is a true sapiosexual, either that or she's mad as a hatter to want to fuck me.

So how smart and erudite are you claiming to be?  The love is mutual?

Everyone is a civvie in their private life c.f. working one.

If she's not much prettier than you then she could just be humbly consorting with her like.

Offline akauya

So how smart and erudite are you claiming to be?  The love is mutual?

Everyone is a civvie in their private life c.f. working one.

If she's not much prettier than you then she could just be humbly consorting with her like.

I think you hit the nail on the head! I forgot to consider that as a possible explanation.

Offline Midori

• Service Provider
It's a flattering way of saying "I don't care if you are ugly"   :D

In real life, I'm often attracted by men who are not conventionally attractive, there are men out there who are not lookers who can talk a woman into bed... After all the mind is one of our biggest erogenous zones. But quite frankly, you don't spend long enough with clients for the most part for their mind to be their most attractive feature. It's not something that I would consider to be a selling point for your average person buying sex.

Offline METEOR

I can across this word on a women's profile on POF about 6 years ago and had to Google it as I thought it was something to do with one of the other dozens of so called other genders. Anyway met the women and fucked on the first night and saw her for a few months so I must've come across as intelligent haha

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
I can across this word on a women's profile on POF about 6 years ago and had to Google it as I thought it was something to do with one of the other dozens of so called other genders. Anyway met the women and fucked on the first night and saw her for a few months so I must've come across as intelligent haha
Seemingly not intelligent enough to construct a review in 4 years. Haha.

Offline LLPunting

Seemingly not intelligent enough to construct a review in 4 years. Haha.

He appears to be a sex tourist so his activity is outside uk

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
He appears to be a sex tourist so his activity is outside uk
Never posted a review when he was in Bristol.

Offline Spiceoflife

Taken from the newspaper article,
"What’s the word for being sexually attracted to people with lots of money?”

Offline Mr_Shins

A very pretty woman on WYP has that term. So now I have an idea what it means.

Offline Derrick101

Taken from the newspaper article,
"What’s the word for being sexually attracted to people with lots of money?”

I thought that was a 'Sugar Babe'

Offline sparkus

Offline Colston36

A word used by pretentious idiots who like talking more than doing and often can't write decent English. I find filthy bitch/randy old bugger usually more useful descriptors.

Offline Payyourwaymate

They probably use it as a ruse in order for them to chat & generally waste time instead of having sex. Sapioclockrun

:lol:

Offline christofferson

Sapiosexual =  1.We might end up shagging if I like you ... 2.I am a nympho but sapiosexual is my fake persona.
Weird how it's only women who are " sapiosexual ".

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
Sapiosexual =  1.We might end up shagging if I like you ... 2.I am a nympho but sapiosexual is my fake persona.
Weird how it's only women who are " sapiosexual ".
Men can be sapiosexual as well.  :P

Offline sparkus

I'm also attracted to women's brains and if you tunnel hard enough you may make a deep connection...

Offline LLPunting

I'm also attracted to women's brains and if you tunnel hard enough you may make a deep connection...

Such a charmer!  Your missus totally respects that opinion.

Offline LLPunting

Men can be sapiosexual as well.  :P

Yup, they love it when they discover that the other person is only thinking about sex too.

Offline sparkus

Such a charmer!  Your missus totally respects that opinion.

Just trying to fit in.

Online scutty brown

Hammer, chisel, bolster..............pickaxe, dynamite

Offline bhudda

Offline Cupid Stuntz

Don't be such a gent, did she drop her drawers for you?  Perhaps a quick gloryhole through a knot in the fence?

Ha ha. Having had one relationship with a Lady in the village I wasn't about to start another one with the next door neighbour. Not that she didn't try it on with me and on a couple of occasions when she came over I was cornered and subjected to some FK before 'escaping'  ;). Very nice it was too but no. Once bitten twice shy.

You don't shit on your own doorstep! I was lucky with the previous one that it all ended amicably and we're now good platonic friends. (Cue Neighbours theme)  :vomit:.