Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Advice for Leeches  (Read 2051 times)

Offline brianthedog21

Firstly I should say I am not the most prolific punter or contributor here.

One thing that does wind me up apart from people with fridges in their living room, is persistent leeching.

When I started here I leeched to an extent, by reading and not contributing. But as soon as I felt comfortable and could I contributed by having a bit of input not a review, but answered another punters query.

What I am inclined to do if I see someone asking lots of questions I will click on their profile and have a look at their previous posts.

You will often find the top class leech is always a leech, sometimes being a member for a few years, always asking questions, if they have been called out before by a member, promising to do a review, but not doing one.

So my top advice is other members can see every post you ever made here. So if you say you are going to do something, do it.

If you look through your posts and 90% are questions try and change your approach.

I appears some leeches are very sensitive and cannot understand why more established members get pissed off.

A couple of analogies that may help you understand....

You leave your house, but loose control of your car at the end of the street, You skid into a brick wall and write you car off. Shaken up you walk back home. You see your neighbour and ask he to provide the details of that great company that did his double glazing. Five minutes later your neighbour staggers bloodied back to his house. You call out the window and asked what happened, he explains he skidded on black ice at the end of the street. You tell him "I just did that" and ask if you can borrow his leaf blower.

A bloke keeps walking into the pub and for years keeps asking for you to buy him a pint but never buys you one.

My opinion is its not necessary to do a review, but at least contribute. If you can do a review please do, it helps everybody and you will feel better about yourself too.

Maybe before feeding the leeches existing members should if they see a non reviewer has been asking questions just click on their previous posts. If they have been a member for a few years, no reviews and nearly every post is a question maybe call them out :drinks:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 10:19:05 am by brianthedog21 »

Offline catweazle

Of course, for "advice to a leech" to be heeded, the individual needs to recognise himself as a leech. It seems that whenever a leech is called out they instantly go into a defensive, self-justifying state.

Online Waterhouse

One thing that does wind me up apart from people with fridges in their living room
:lol:  Fond memories   :lol:

Offline starnatalia

• Service Provider

Offline freeze44

Who is leech?

Good question! basically a term used here for a member here who ask's for recommendations or info on wg's but doesn't leave reviews or helpful info. Someone who takes but wont give!

Offline starnatalia

• Service Provider
Oh ok that bad ,will no that .

Offline Alanroy

What kind of crazy person has a fridge in their living room?!? :lol: :D

Online Waterhouse

What kind of crazy person has a fridge in their living room?!? :lol: :D
A simian locomotive  ;)

Offline madeinwales56

Firstly I should say I am not the most prolific punter or contributor here.

One thing that does wind me up apart from people with fridges in their living room, is persistent leeching.

When I started here I leeched to an extent, by reading and not contributing. But as soon as I felt comfortable and could I contributed by having a bit of input not a review, but answered another punters query.

What I am inclined to do if I see someone asking lots of questions I will click on their profile and have a look at their previous posts.

You will often find the top class leech is always a leech, sometimes being a member for a few years, always asking questions, if they have been called out before by a member, promising to do a review, but not doing one.

So my top advice is other members can see every post you ever made here. So if you say you are going to do something, do it.

If you look through your posts and 90% are questions try and change your approach.

I appears some leeches are very sensitive and cannot understand why more established members get pissed off.

A couple of analogies that may help you understand....

You leave your house, but loose control of your car at the end of the street, You skid into a brick wall and write you car off. Shaken up you walk back home. You see your neighbour and ask he to provide the details of that great company that did his double glazing. Five minutes later your neighbour staggers bloodied back to his house. You call out the window and asked what happened, he explains he skidded on black ice at the end of the street. You tell him "I just did that" and ask if you can borrow his leaf blower.

A bloke keeps walking into the pub and for years keeps asking for you to buy him a pint but never buys you one.

My opinion is its not necessary to do a review, but at least contribute. If you can do a review please do, it helps everybody and you will feel better about yourself too.

Maybe before feeding the leeches existing members should if they see a non reviewer has been asking questions just click on their previous posts. If they have been a member for a few years, no reviews and nearly every post is a question maybe call them out :drinks:

Fucking rich coming from you talking about leeches with your 152 posts in five years.

Offline NigelF

Fucking rich coming from you talking about leeches with your 152 posts in five years.

Bit harsh?

Also seems a little hypocritical since even though I presume you've made a hell of a lot of helpful posts, you do only have 10 reviews in your nearly 6 years of membership.

If someone doesn't punt a lot and doesn't come on this site very much then it's perfectly understandable. Membership length is only a very rough guide. I'd also take much more issue with his number of reviews which is only 6 because I think it's unlikely he's punted so infrequently in the past few years. Given that low frequency (and his otherwise fairly high post count), there's little excuse not posting reviews of all or almost all of your punts.

Having said that, I think almost no one reviews all their punts, I certainly don't. And perhaps he really has only had a punt or two a year/increased his punting more recently.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:56:10 am by NigelF »

Online Waterhouse

Bit harsh?

Also seems a little hypocritical since even though I presume you've made a hell of a lot of helpful posts, you do only have 10 reviews in your nearly 6 years of membership.

If someone doesn't punt a lot and doesn't come on this site very much then it's perfectly understandable. Membership length is only a very rough guide. I'd also take much more issue with his number of reviews which is only 6 because I think it's unlikely he's punted so infrequently in the past few years. Given that low frequency (and his otherwise fairly high post count), there's little excuse not posting reviews of all or almost all of your punts.

Having said that, I think almost no one reviews all their punts, I certainly don't. And perhaps he really has only had a punt or two a year/increased his punting more recently.

Very good points, and I would also add that it's worth taking into consideration that a member may well be seeing the same SP on a regular basis as opposed to 'casting his net' or 'charting unknown waters' so to speak. 

That being true then I'd hazard a guess any reviews of said SP would be positive given that the SS goes back for repeat visits. Rules say he can't keep reviewing the same SP multiple times in a twelve month period unless the meet earned a neutral or negative rating which is unlikely to be the case with an SP chosen as a regular.

Offline Skeleton

Bit harsh?

As you can see from my numbers, hardly prolific, but I only punt rarely and have reviewed every punt since joining. Don't post much as have limited advice to offer which can be helpful, but tend to search the forum for what I want to know rather than mindlessly asking questions. I'd hope that last part removes the leech tag, as for me it's the people who just come on and ask for info straight out rather than using the resource available on the site who are the culprits.

Offline Fuzzyduck

As you can see from my numbers, hardly prolific, but I only punt rarely and have reviewed every punt since joining. Don't post much as have limited advice to offer which can be helpful, but tend to search the forum for what I want to know rather than mindlessly asking questions. I'd hope that last part removes the leech tag, as for me it's the people who just come on and ask for info straight out rather than using the resource available on the site who are the culprits.

With a better review/post ratio than anyone else on this thread so far, you're unlikely to get grief for leeching. It's not volume of posts anyway, it's quality. Doesn't mean you won't get grief for other things, mind. UKP is not a place for a delicate souls!

Offline Skeleton

With a better review/post ratio than anyone else on this thread so far, you're unlikely to get grief for leeching. It's not volume of posts anyway, it's quality. Doesn't mean you won't get grief for other things, mind. UKP is not a place for a delicate souls!
Yeah I'd expect grief for stupid posts/comments/questions, can live with that!

Offline puntingpumping1920

This topic gets posted every six months  :lol:

IMO, If you are new, lurking/ leeching before posting is a good idea, so you can get a feel for the forum and what is and is not acceptable here.
Banned reason: Mr £500k go and buy some fucking manners
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline MrMatrix

Bit harsh?

+1. As I was reading MadeinWales OTT comment in the circumstances I was thinking same as you NF. OP did say he doesnt punt a lot. I dont think we should give everyone a hard time because they aren't prolific punters and as you rightly point out MiW56 leaves himself open here if we were to be picky. I only review half my punts as many are with regulars. We are all different in punting habits, however leeching does piss me off. You only have to look at whose on line at the moment and most have made NO contribution at all.
At least the OP and MiW56 have made contributions and thats a good thing- I wouldn't knock either of you for that and I would only encourage you to do more of the same.  :hi:

Offline brianthedog21

Maybe I am a bit of a leech, I certainly have not made 2000 posts and 10 reviews.

What particularly got me wound up was 2 recent threads in the south west section.

Basically one poster had been here for two years,  most posts were asking for advice. Or a seen her she was great/terrible but never a review. A year ago another member said why don't you review and contribute. He made the usual excuses but promised to review his forthcoming punt. Unfortunately due to Brexit/His review would not add anything different/his boiler breaking down/having to wash his hair at the weekend he was unable to review. But then carries on asking for loads of advice and when he gets only one reply to his recent “who is the best” type of question, moans about it.

Another similar thread, member for over a year, over 90% of his posts were questions. Other posts not contributing. He made a comment in a thread where what I deemed a contributing member had asked about a particular girl his comment was “Im seeing her again, enough said” made me think wanker as the majority of his other posts were questions despite never reviewing.   

My post while a bit tongue in cheek, it is a bit of advice, I know most will know it....

Every post we make here can be seen if we click on member name and click view posts. So if you promise to do a review and dont it can be seen easily and although some wont, I for one will think wanker!

Have a look at your posts and if everyone is a question, have a word with yourself.

I also think we need to be careful about equating number of posts with with being a great contributor. There was a period a few months ago where Admin changed the criteria for viewing and loads came out the woodwork with their +1 posts.

Its important new visitors aren't put off signing up. There is a lot of banter here, that's half the fun. But again I would view a member more favourably if their first 10 posts aren't questions. Maybe read, browse, contribute to a post when you have a view or can contribute. Then no one minds answering questions.

There are members here who dont review but I still see them as contributing

We all have different views on what is leeching. I think lurking isn't so bad, we all lurk when we first come here. What I think is a bit rubbish is nearly all your posts being questions, making it clear you are actively punting but never reviewing. If you really want to wind me up add to another's negative review thread saying something like “I saw her last year and it was the worst punt I ever had” whilst never bothering to review

Offline blackburnian

If you really want to wind me up add to another's negative review thread saying something like “I saw her last year and it was the worst punt I ever had” whilst never bothering to review

Yeah , those cunts are the worst , makes my blood boil.

Bb

Offline brianthedog21

A simian locomotive  ;)

Ive just had a look and Simian Locomotives pictures are still all over the internet!

Cant believe after all the advice he had he never took them down, even the infamous fridge in living room is still up  :wackogirl:

Offline puntingpumping1920

Maybe I am a bit of a leech, I certainly have not made 2000 posts and 10 reviews.

Every poster is leeching on this site, as this site does not generate any income for admin

We are only here because of his generosity

Some people just leech more than others
Banned reason: Mr £500k go and buy some fucking manners
Banned by: Iloveoral

Online Waterhouse

Ive just had a look and Simian Locomotives pictures are still all over the internet!

Cant believe after all the advice he had he never took them down, even the infamous fridge in living room is still up  :wackogirl:
Some people's thought and reason process, or lack of, never ceases to amaze and baffle me. :wacko:

It was a great thread though. Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.  :D

Offline brianthedog21

Some people's thought and reason process, or lack of, never ceases to amaze and baffle me. :wacko:

It was a great thread though. Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.  :D

With you on that, it was the thread I enjoyed most in a shout at the laptop type of way.

I just could not get over the guys stupidity, another bit of advice  :D

Dont pick a user name for Adultwork and use the same one here (not so bad), on dating sites (bad) and LinkedIn (Really Bad)

Online Waterhouse

With you on that, it was the thread I enjoyed most in a shout at the laptop type of way.

I just could not get over the guys stupidity, another bit of advice  :D

Dont pick a user name for Adultwork and use the same one here (not so bad), on dating sites (bad) and LinkedIn (Really Bad)
I can't remember, but did we check fuckface... I mean facebook?   :lol:
There was some Arab dating site too.

Offline MrMatrix

Every poster is leeching on this site, as this site does not generate any income for admin

We are only here because of his generosity

Some people just leech more than others
I agree we are here because of his generosity in giving his time for no gain. However this is his choice and this is the way he has set things up. That being the case he would like more people to contribute, but I don't that it makes us all leechers :hi:

Online Waterhouse

I agree we are here because of his generosity in giving his time for no gain. However this is his choice and this is the way he has set things up. That being the case he would like more people to contribute, but I don't that it makes us all leechers :hi:
You beat me to it MM...

PP1920 ... The big difference is that leeches tend to mainly ask questions or throw in the "me too" type of post, where as others don't just participate, they contribute and help where able. That is not leeching in my book.

Offline muffdiver1959

Blackadder: “I’ve never had anything you doctors didn’t try to cure with leeches. A leech on my ear for ear ache, a leech on my bottom for constipation.”
Doctor: “You know the leech comes to us on the highest authority?”
Blackadder: “Yes. Dr Hoffmann of Stuttgart, isn’t it?”
Doctor: “That’s right, the great Hoffmann.”
Blackadder: “Owner of the largest leech farm in Europe…”

:yahoo: