Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2nd Number  (Read 934 times)

TheoDDR

Hi everyone, ive asked for help regarding this subject before but i havent really had any luck so far. Im looking for an app that gives me a second number instead of a cheap pay as you go phone as those are difficult to hide. I need a second phone number app that is uk friendly and one that actually works (as most of the apps i have used had faulty features, largely the call features did not work). If anybody if uses a second phone number app that works well for them, can you tell me a little bit about it and let me know if it is worth it, thanks.

NotThePrimeMinister

Have you even searched the forum? Or google for that matter? You'll find you'll get better responses if you show you have done your homework.

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=196088.msg2031047#msg2031047

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=203586.msg2096713#msg2096713

The 2nd discussion started only yesterday!

TheoDDR

I've searched online but its all US based apps. Very rare to find  a uk based app and when i did find one, it didnt work

NotThePrimeMinister

Hushed works in the UK. Which app did you try and how did it not work? Share information with the forum, man!  :drinks: :cool:

TheoDDR

Ive tried Textme, TextmeUp, Telos, 2ndline and others that i cant remember off the top of my head. Both the textmes's and the 2ndline's calls wouldnt work as the call had no sound and telos crashed all the time, the others were largely US based apps with UK features but they were completely ad infested to the point where it became unbearable. I havent tried hush yet, i will when i get a google play card.

NotThePrimeMinister

Why do you want a google play card? How does it work? You cannot use it from the hushed website, which asks for either a card or bitcoin.

You can top up via the hushed app, which bills your google / itunes account. But, the way I understand it, if you buy a google gift card, you still have to redeem it by adding the balance to your google account. If you use the app from your main phone, with a google account linked to your real identity, this means that the gift card purchase won't show up on your credit card statement (assuming you paid cash) but the company running Hushed will still get your real name.

You could have a secondary phone with a google account in the name of John Doe and link the gift card to that, but that would defy the key advantage of Hushed, which is to use your main phone and not carry around a second one.

Offline texmex

If call quality is not good - try moving in better reception area from your network. As many of these apps require data connection. Secondly, I have found that using good quality headphones help as they block outside noise. Other side is able to hear better as well in my experience

TheoDDR

You can use multiple email addresses for google playstore so all i would have to do is create a fake one, redeem the google play card and then use that as payment for the hushed app. Of course this all in theory, ill need to test it out

TheoDDR

If call quality is not good - try moving in better reception area from your network. As many of these apps require data connection. Secondly, I have found that using good quality headphones help as they block outside noise. Other side is able to hear better as well in my experience

I havent tried headphones but i have called in various locations and that hasnt worked but ill try headphones thanks.

NotThePrimeMinister

You can use multiple email addresses for google playstore so all i would have to do is create a fake one, redeem the google play card and then use that as payment for the hushed app. Of course this all in theory, ill need to test it out

So the Google play store can have multiple Google accounts? Eg your main one, with your real name, and another one, with a fake name, that you associate to a Google gift card bought cash in a store?

I didn't know it was an option but it sounds interesting. Could you please elaborate a bit?

Offline Steve2

Feeling generous this morning  :lol:

Try External Link/Members Only

It works very well

NotThePrimeMinister

I tried cloud's I'm in the past.
I don't like it because it asks for your real number to register, and it doesn't have as clear a function as Hushed to log out of it all. If you log out Hushed and someone has access to your phone, you can always claim you downloaded it to try it, or for that one time you sold the car on gumtree.

From memory, with cloudsim you can disable a number bit you cannot fully log out of the app the way you can with hushed.

Horses for courses, clearly

TheoDDR

So the Google play store can have multiple Google accounts? Eg your main one, with your real name, and another one, with a fake name, that you associate to a Google gift card bought cash in a store?

I didn't know it was an option but it sounds interesting. Could you please elaborate a bit?

Yeah, but the issue with that is that you need to give gmail your phone number in order to create a gmail account. I currently have 2 main gmail accounts and i can pay with either of them via redeem code so  i assume a third fake account would work too, of course the only issue is giving google a number. Ill need to find an app thats gives a 2nd number on a trial basis or such.

Offline JimmySW

Another number - it's an Apple subscription per month and doesn't use data but piggy backs on your normal number but it comes up as the fake number at the other end. reliable and discreet if you cancel notifications and can hide the subscription.

TheoDDR

Another number - it's an Apple subscription per month and doesn't use data but piggy backs on your normal number but it comes up as the fake number at the other end. reliable and discreet if you cancel notifications and can hide the subscription.

Sorry, i shouldve mentioned, i use an android

Offline donnybob

In the past I have used an android phone that takes 2 sims
I had an english and a spanish one ( I used to live in spain )
could you just put 2 english sims in and decide whioch number to use?
I can't remember much about using it tbh as it was almost 10 years ago

NotThePrimeMinister

You can. However, as pointed out, there is a risk of human error. Typically the phone either asks you which sim you want to use for a call/text, or you can set a default one.
The risk of fat fingerings the wrong sim and calling your Oh from your other sim or a girl from your private number does exist.
Also,  AFAIK most phones keep the logs together : they don't store call logs and texts etc separately for the two sims, so the risks that you forget to delete something you should have does exist.

For me, the risks are not worth it, but horses for courses.