Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Oh, the irony?!  (Read 2047 times)

Online sparkus

Spotted today on side of cinema, two posters.

The first for 'The Handmaiden' (with oriental bird), fnarr fnarr, but second is for 'The Sense of an Ending'.

One for the FBSM crew anyway.

ClarkeOfTheCourse

You don't know what irony means.  :dash:

Online sparkus

I'll defer to your expertise.

kamu

The irony would be if these were in the window of a non-sexual massage parlour. More just amusing movie ads :hi:.

Online sparkus

It was more the juxtaposition of the two films and what they entailed when taken together was what I was referring to.

To be honest, just the sight of an oriental bird advertising 'The Handmaiden' generated a juvenile snigger.

Bud$

You don't know what irony means.  :dash:
Irony is "the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect" It can lead people into troublele especially if those who read an ironic statement don't understand the irony of it. For an example, see the 'Platinum Cindy' topic, particularly the last 2 pages.

fredpunter

Irony is "the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect" It can lead people into troublele especially if those who read an ironic statement don't understand the irony of it. For an example, see the 'Platinum Cindy' topic, particularly the last 2 pages.

So you don't really think she has great tits ?  :unknown:

Offline pewpewpew

This is what normal people call a coincidence

Bud$

So you don't really think she has great tits ?  :unknown:
Ha! Good one, Fred. I do like your sense of humour, but no, it was because I wrote, "treat her well, guys" meaning in a tongue in cheek way, knowing it's a phrase which is much maligned (quite rightly IMO because as punters we don't know enough about the girls we go and see - well not enough to know if they need to be 'treated well' - so it's an ego-driven statement) and it's been treated dead seriously as if I meant it truly. I'm letting it run on because to be honest I'm quite enjoying my seemingly new found notoriety on that particular topic. Keep this quiet, please!!! :D
PS I think her tits are wonderful  :lol:

Offline Marmalade

It's a hot movie and a seriously good one. Director of Oldboy. With added sex.

(Handmaiden that is, not the other shite)

Online sparkus

OK, so I know knob-all about words and their meaning.

Offline stampjones

It's a hot movie and a seriously good one. Director of Oldboy. With added sex.
Oldboy was an awesome movie - almost scary to think how he adds sex to that!
Assume you dont mean the shit american version btw

(Handmaiden that is, not the other shite)

Offline Marmalade

Assume you dont mean the shit american version btw
Didn't know there was an american version. that would be a bit sad. nope it's subtitled directors cut

Offline stampjones

Didn't know there was an american version. that would be a bit sad. nope it's subtitled directors cut
Best to pretend it doesnt exist

Offline Marmalade

Best to pretend it doesnt exist

Look at the crap that got Oscars again this year, what a waste of space that was, and not only are all the films so poor that they merge into one, they even get the 'winner' mixed up on stage.  :rolleyes:  Yeah HM is one of the best so far this year. Not as violent as Oldboy but a bit of screaming juice to keep your grandma away, but the story I thought, and the acting, are first class. Try not to read too much about the plot, let it blow your socks off, and don't take your o/h unless she's ok with a bit of rug-munching - btw it's slow. More of a cinema film than a download. Enjoy if you see it.

Offline stampjones

Look at the crap that got Oscars again this year, what a waste of space that was, and not only are all the films so poor that they merge into one, they even get the 'winner' mixed up on stage.  :rolleyes:  Yeah HM is one of the best so far this year. Not as violent as Oldboy but a bit of screaming juice to keep your grandma away, but the story I thought, and the acting, are first class. Try not to read too much about the plot, let it blow your socks off, and don't take your o/h unless she's ok with a bit of rug-munching - btw it's slow. More of a cinema film than a download. Enjoy if you see it.
Cheers mate - will definitely give it a go

Offline DrConners

Yeah HM is one of the best so far this year. Not as violent as Oldboy but a bit of screaming juice to keep your grandma away, but the story I thought, and the acting, are first class. Try not to read too much about the plot, let it blow your socks off, and don't take your o/h unless she's ok with a bit of rug-munching - btw it's slow. More of a cinema film than a download. Enjoy if you see it.

Agreed, The Handmaiden was brilliant. Clever, kinky, really enjoyed it. Glad I didn't see it at the cinema though, bum numbing run time of 2hrs 24mins. I've also seen both versions of "Oldboy", didn't have a problem with American remake - they lost the octopus eating scene (which was disgusting) - Sharlto Copley is consistently brilliant & Elizabeth Olsen has a cracking pair of tits  :P   :thumbsup: