Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Best Thai restaurant central london.  (Read 385 times)

Offline Doormatt

Not looking for an overpriced fancy place with white linen tablecloths but a homely Thai cafe with banging food. Any recommendations? I'm meeting an old friend next weekend. thanks in advance.
By central I'm talking Soho, covent.garden but could be persuaded to go further afield.

Offline Doormatt

Thank you. I hear they are very good.
Any others?
Maybe small independent rather than chain?

Offline pgpgpgpg

Not Thai but a favourite of many Thais given similarity to Thai food but some great differences as well - Lao Cafe.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Roger111

Thank you. I hear they are very good.
Any others?
Maybe small independent rather than chain?

Offline Googly7

Supawan near King's X excellent and authentic

Offline Doormatt

Thanks everyone. Plenty to chose from there. Much appreciated.

Online bossanova

Busaba on wardour st is good

I think there are branches elsewhere

Offline Followyourdick

I love Thai food, I went to a branch of this place elsewhere and it was decidedly average at best, in fact I can make better myself!

Offline SoapyTW

Busaba on wardour st is good

agreed

I love Thai food, I went to a branch of this place elsewhere and it was decidedly average at best, in fact I can make better myself!

Yeah - Rosa's is a bit of a low end chain now. I think Laos Cafe was opened by the same people, though I do like it there.

My recommendations....

External Link/Members Only - higher end (so not what OP was asking for), thai 'inspired'

External Link/Members Only - fun venue, but again not true thai

and, the secret sauce. I'm sure some people will kill me for giving way this spot, but...

Popular venue with the girls. Had fun nights out with Maria and friends here in the past