Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: plastic £ notes  (Read 4167 times)

Online timsussex

Damn these new plastic tenners and twenties

Went to see my reg today and as always had the cash in my left trouser pocket, keys and coins in the right. I  took the cash out and put it at her request on the side table - she never counts it

Got home to find a tenner still in my pocket - would never have happened in the old day of paper but these new notes are so slippery

Texted her to apologise and she was cool with it and said she had someone overpay last week

Offline spiralnotebook

Invented by the government to convert us to plastic only.

Offline DDDave

Watch when you get the cash out of the cash machine, I slightly caught my finger on the top note and flicked it back into the machine. Fortunately it eventually came out in the end.

Offline Mr Doodle

People still use notes, these days? (punting excepted, of course) ;-)

Offline stevedave

I find the opposite problem, the fucking things stick together  :dash:

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider
This has happened a few times, the new notes are easy to slide out or stick.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 08:26:55 am by Strawberry »

Online Watts.E.Dunn

Should insist on taking the payment first, not after all those fluids have sprayed all over 't place!!!

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider
Should insist on taking the payment first, not after all those fluids have sprayed all over 't place!!!

Definitely whenever something like that happens it's a reminder to check. One of the payments was at the beginning of the booking, the remaining note was indeed in the pocket from which it was taken. The other was at the end since then this extremely long-term regular insists I check the payment before he leaves, whether it's made at the start or the end.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 09:08:28 am by Strawberry »

Online Waterhouse

I quite like them. Find them more hygienic and less filthy looking than some of the twenties that were still in circulation.  When the £10 notes came out, I couldn’t wait for the £20s to follow.

Offline Rochelle

• Service Provider
I quite like them. Find them more hygienic and less filthy looking than some of the twenties that were still in circulation.  When the £10 notes came out, I couldn’t wait for the £20s to follow.
Same. I love them.

Offline Home Alone

I posted on here a couple of years or so ago about having my pocket pinched of the fee - which I had stupidly stuffed into my trousers pocket - for a 4-hour session with my then-Regular, just before I got on the second bus of my trans-Pennine trip to see her.

Of course I rang her immediately to tell her what had happened. Pragmatic as ever, she said in similar style to the OP's Regular,  "Well, you can pay for your journey, using your cards and you can pay me for today when you visit next month."

Ever since then, I've been almost obsessional when getting that much money - it's pretty well the only time I do - from an ATM ;) machine to go to one inside the bank branch and put the money safe before hitting the mean streets of Greater Manchester!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 09:53:45 am by Home Alone »

Online mr.bluesky

I find the opposite problem, the fucking things stick together  :dash:

+1 went to my local supermarket the other day to buy somethings paid with a twenty pound note and a ten pound note had stuck to it. The cashier was honest enough to hand back the tenner . Call me old fashioned but I prefer to pay cash for the simple reason I can keep tabs on how much I'm spending.

Offline Home Alone

+1 went to my local supermarket the other day to buy somethings paid with a twenty pound note and a ten pound note had stuck to it. The cashier was honest enough to hand back the tenner . Call me old fashioned but I prefer to pay cash for the simple reason I can keep tabs on how much I'm spending.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who does that, mr.b. Some of the supermarkets are being so virtuous - in the interests of hygiene - about paying by card at present, I almost feel like a money launderer if I try to pay cash.

It feels like ours will be one of the few 'industries' where cash will still be king after the pandemic.

Online Waterhouse

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who does that, mr.b. Some of the supermarkets are being so virtuous - in the interests of hygiene - about paying by card at present, I almost feel like a money launderer if I try to pay cash.

It feels like ours will be one of the few 'industries' where cash will still be king after the pandemic.
I honestly don’t recall the last time I used cash in a shop... certainly not this year.  The only cash transactions I’ve made in 2020 are for punting and massages - legit or otherwise  ;)

Offline ulstersubbie

I honestly don’t recall the last time I used cash in a shop... certainly not this year.  The only cash transactions I’ve made in 2020 are for punting and massages - legit or otherwise  ;)

Good point. I am using my debit card more than ever these days, even to buy a pint in the pub, something I never would have done even a year ago.

Offline tesla

Good point. I am using my debit card more than ever these days, even to buy a pint in the pub, something I never would have done even a year ago.

I have a credit card linked to a major hotel chain, I use it for everything and clear the balance weekly, upside is the points I earn get me free hotel rooms

Offline Fuzzyduck

Are pubs even accepting cash these days?

Online Watts.E.Dunn

Punting .. is the Only service that I pay for cash these days. Everything else on a debit card..

Now when can't SP's carry a portable card reader around with them?, some use your mobile phone as a data conection terminal they work well.

Now surely in this day and age they'd like the convenince of card payments;? Wouldn't they...

Online Watts.E.Dunn

Yes, and for quite some time now.

Offline ulstersubbie

Yes, in Belfast most pubs accept cash but paying by card is becoming increasingly popular.

Offline Fuzzyduck

You're old fashioned, mate!

Do you itemise what you spend your money on or only want to know how much in total you spend? My spending is mostly digital. I can see all my spending across all my payment accounts and can easily segment into what I'm buying (e..g fuel, grocery, eating/drinking out). The big anomaly is the occasional large cash withdrawal. Any forensic accountant would look at my background and conclude I probably liked whores, since the withdrawals stopped for several months this year. :lol:

Offline Fuzzyduck

Yes, in Belfast most pubs accept cash but paying by card is becoming increasingly popular.

Fair enough. I wasn't aware how pubs in other regions were dealing with coronavirus. The London pubs I've been to recently have all been cashless and app driven: order at the table, use Apple Pay or an equivalent and wait for the beers to arrive.

Offline Fuzzyduck

Punting .. is the Only service that I pay for cash these days. Everything else on a debit card..

Now when can't SP's carry a portable card reader around with them?, some use your mobile phone as a data conection terminal they work well.

Now surely in this day and age they'd like the convenince of card payments;? Wouldn't they...

I think they would prefer the anonymity of cash. Putting aside the 2% fee they'd be charged, I'm not sure they would like the audit trail. Most punters also wouldn't like that, certainly not with your main debit card. You may not worry about a partner looking at your accounts, but what happens if Sergei gets busted for trafficking and the feds look at his accounts and smile when they see all those lovely payments received. They might not come after you, but it's a scenario I personally would avoid.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 11:28:26 am by Fuzzyduck »

Offline Mr Doodle

Except when going for a punt, the most cash I carry in my wallet is £20. I have had the same £5 note in my wallet now for about 2 months.. Everything has been by card - and has been long before COVID.. except for punting (and no - even given the chance, I wouldn't use my card for a punt - cash only) and until COVID, my barber only accepted cash. Oh.. and one other, strip clubs when I frequent them.. Only use cash for them..

It can be easy on a night out to lose tab of the money being spent using a card; if you pull out cash from a cash machine you know you have just burned through the last £100.. But, once a few drinks have had their effect, tend to lose track of that, too.

Offline Home Alone

I can top even that, subbie. Six weeks or so back, I needed to pop into the town centre to top up on some things I needed round the house.

Only I'd temporarily mislaid the wallet with my bus pass and my cash in it. So I ended up, for the first time in my life, using a debit card to pay a bus fare. I could hear my Dad turning in his grave!

Offline tobyk1

Damn these new plastic tenners and twenties

Went to see my reg today and as always had the cash in my left trouser pocket, keys and coins in the right. I  took the cash out and put it at her request on the side table - she never counts it

Got home to find a tenner still in my pocket - would never have happened in the old day of paper but these new notes are so slippery

Texted her to apologise and she was cool with it and said she had someone overpay last week

I did the opposite - overpaid by £60!!

She text after thanking for ‘the gift’

:dash: :dash: :angry:
Banned reason: Posting on 2 accounts
Banned by: daviemac

Online timsussex

Punting and car parking (so much easier to stick a couple of coins in a meter than faff around with phones) are the only times  used cash in the last 6 months

Was thinking  of patenting a self service bar where you wave your plastic at the appropriate spigot and a pint s dispensed into your glass

Offline Fuzzyduck

I can top even that, subbie. Six weeks or so back, I needed to pop into the town centre to top up on some things I needed round the house.

Only I'd temporarily mislaid the wallet with my bus pass and my cash in it. So I ended up, for the first time in my life, using a debit card to pay a bus fare. I could hear my Dad turning in his grave!

:lol: so how was the experience? And why wasn't your debit card in your wallet?

Offline Fuzzyduck

Punting and car parking (so much easier to stick a couple of coins in a meter than faff around with phones) are the only times  used cash in the last 6 months

Was thinking  of patenting a self service bar where you wave your plastic at the appropriate spigot and a pint s dispensed into your glass

Yes, scrambling around for loose change to go to a machine some distance away from where you've managed to park in the pissing rain, only to find some twat has wedged a foreign coin in there. I'd rather sit in the car, fire up an app, press a few buttons and it's done. I can also extend the time from the app rather than having to leg it back to the car. To be fair it's horses for courses and what you're used to. Ironically I tend to prefer to pay cash for parking on a punt when in the company car so the reg isn't logged into some system somewhere.

Offline Home Alone

Seemples, Fuzzy; I've got two wallets!

A lovely black leather one given as a birthday present by a special friend for: currency notes; my ID; who to contact in case of an accident [the woman who bought the wallet for me]; and various loyalty cards - eg Waterstone's, for discount on books.

Then some years later, my god-daughter bought me a metallic wallet with various slots to accommodate my debit card; a couple of credit cards and the Nectar card which goes with one of the credit cards.

Offline Fuzzyduck

Seemples, Fuzzy; I've got two wallets!

A lovely black leather one given as a birthday present by a special friend for: currency notes; my ID; who to contact in case of an accident [the woman who bought the wallet for me]; and various loyalty cards - eg Waterstone's, for discount on books.

Then some years later, my god-daughter bought me a metallic wallet with various slots to accommodate my debit card; a couple of credit cards and the Nectar card which goes with one of the credit cards.

:lol: multiple wallets - a true punter!

Offline dubs

It annoys me that the plastic notes don't fold easily, and if you try to fold them they can all spring out everywhere.

WGs don't like them folded as they can't put them in a paying-in envelope, but I don't use a wallet for notes and I can't just pocket them unfolded.

Offline jeanphillipe

It annoys me that the plastic notes don't fold easily, and if you try to fold them they can all spring out everywhere.

WGs don't like them folded as they can't put them in a paying-in envelope, but I don't use a wallet for notes and I can't just pocket them unfolded.

They are not easily stored. I "crush" mines to take away some of that slippery texture. If the idea is to annoy people in using less cash then its working
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 12:42:10 pm by jeanphillipe »

Offline Fuzzyduck

I agree they can be a pain in the ass from a punting perspective. Pulling a wedge out of your pants these days is tantamount to throwing the cash up into the air. A money clip might help. I try to use an envelope wherever possible to manage notes for a punt, even if I have to fold it.

Offline Bigwilts

Card readers are now very simple to use, and are reasonably priced. (Around £30)
I have one which I bought on a deal, so either cost me £10 or nothing.
There is either a subscription rate or a commission rate per payment. Subscriptions come with business banking facilities and are worthwhile for businesses taking regular payments, Im on a commission rate and the rates vary up to typical PayPal rates of 3 or 4 per cent.  Mine is lower, and I would get  paid the days total tomorrow.
My use will be very rare, so it’s for convience.

When it gets to a time that providers are taking card payment it will still be possible to have reasonably anonymous pre paid cards.  (More threads asking how people get money into their card without their wife finding out, and where do you hide your card)

I have a prepaid virtual & real card.  The virtual card is free, and the real card for it should cost money but I also got that on a deal - use only the virtual one and then get offered the real card to go with it.
I only use it for some online spending so I can be sure that an obscure website isn’t going to turn out to be a scam and raid my account.  The card can have money instantly transferred into it and it has an app that allows enabling and disabling the cards.

I have once given the card to someone else, just loaded up an amount and handed them the card.

Offline Fuzzyduck

Card readers are now very simple to use, and are reasonably priced. (Around £30)
I have one which I bought on a deal, so either cost me £10 or nothing.
There is either a subscription rate or a commission rate per payment. Subscriptions come with business banking facilities and are worthwhile for businesses taking regular payments, Im on a commission rate and the rates vary up to typical PayPal rates of 3 or 4 per cent.  Mine is lower, and I would get  paid the days total tomorrow.
My use will be very rare, so it’s for convience.

When it gets to a time that providers are taking card payment it will still be possible to have reasonably anonymous pre paid cards.  (More threads asking how people get money into their card without their wife finding out, and where do you hide your card)

I have a prepaid virtual & real card.  The virtual card is free, and the real card for it should cost money but I also got that on a deal - use only the virtual one and then get offered the real card to go with it.
I only use it for some online spending so I can be sure that an obscure website isn’t going to turn out to be a scam and raid my account.  The card can have money instantly transferred into it and it has an app that allows enabling and disabling the cards.

I have once given the card to someone else, just loaded up an amount and handed them the card.

Sure it's possible but what problem is it solving? I just do not believe there is strong enough demand from either the buyer or seller side to do this, when cash works fine (acknowledging there are some handling issues with polymer notes).

Also, the prepaid card is still linked to a funding account so traceable to you.

Offline ulstersubbie

I like it!   :drinks:

Online mr.bluesky

You're old fashioned, mate!

Do you itemise what you spend your money on or only want to know how much in total you spend? My spending is mostly digital. I can see all my spending across all my payment accounts and can easily segment into what I'm buying (e..g fuel, grocery, eating/drinking out). The big anomaly is the occasional large cash withdrawal. Any forensic accountant would look at my background and conclude I probably liked whores, since the withdrawals stopped for several months this year. :lol:

Can't argue with you there  :D but if I withdraw £50 and put it in my wallet after a while I can look in my wallet and see how much I have left. I always use cash for small purchases like a newspaper or magazine ( not that sort ) I don't think my newsagent even has a card reader. I've never seen one  :unknown: I never itemise what I spend it on I'm not that well organised.  I withdraw it. I spend it
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 03:42:58 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Home Alone

And you're not on your own, mr.b.

Many on here would see in a similar fashion my practice for many years up to lockdown of only putting £ & 50p coins in my back pocket. £2s and coins less than 50p went in a different pocket in my trousers and then into a piggy bank at bedtime. I used to joke - not in her hearing, obvs! - that, with the OH's spending habits, it was the only way I could have any personal savings.

Every three months I bagged up all this change and put it in a - very! - small savings account with a bank other than the one which had our joint account.

Old habits die hard and I've carried on doing that for the 17 years between her pissing off with 'my successor' and lockdown! I think the pandemic's finally killed that foible. Probably not before time. :unknown:

Offline tynetunnel

It’s the way forward HA, easy, simple, clean accountable and safe. Just not for punting!  :hi:

Offline Home Alone

It’s the way forward HA, easy, simple, clean accountable and safe. Just not for punting!  :hi:

You young lads wi' yer modern ways; I don't know, I really don't!

As I sometimes say, "I never volunteered for the 21st century; I was perfectly happy in the 20th!" Only I wasn't, really; the OH was spending our [mainly, my] money; and I hadn't discovered punting.

Offline redveee

Don't do as I did when I first encountered plastic notes. I was going to Australia 25 years ago and had AUS$ 100 ready for when I arrived. I kept them rolled up so before I lwft I thought I'd iron them to flatten them out. Big mistake cause as soon as the heat from the iron hit the note it shriveled up a bit, luckily I got rid of it in the first bar I went into in Cairns.

Online mr.bluesky

You young lads wi' yer modern ways; I don't know, I really don't!

As I sometimes say, "I never volunteered for the 21st century; I was perfectly happy in the 20th!" Only I wasn't, really; the OH was spending our [mainly, my] money; and I hadn't discovered punting.

:lol: I'm with you all the way on that one Home Alone. :thumbsup:  I'm a bit of a techno dinosaur myself.  I started punting in an age where you would visit a massage parlour and have a choice of 4 or 5 lady's . Non of this going on tinternet and having to trawl through a lot of adultwork profiles till you found someone you fancied. I guess even massage parlours are dying out now apart from the Thai or Chinese rub and tug places. Prefer the old days when things seemed so much simpler  :D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 06:06:12 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Home Alone

Don't know if I'd go all the way with you on that, mr.b. Having read some threads on here in recent weeks about how difficult it was for really veteran punters - those who were busy in the 1970s, 80s & 90s - to find a decent punt, I'm kind-of glad that I didn't start until the Massage Parlour days in Manchester and Bury in the early years of this Century.

It's the speed of change of general technology that does my head in, though! :scare:

Offline Marmalade

Can't argue with you there  :D but if I withdraw £50 and put it in my wallet after a while I can look in my wallet and see how much I have left. I always use cash for small purchases like a newspaper or magazine ( not that sort ) I don't think my newsagent even has a card reader. I've never seen one  :unknown: I never itemise what I spend it on I'm not that well organised.  I withdraw it. I spend it

I prefer cash although covid-19 does seem to put a different spin on things, making contactless payments for small stuff more the norm.

Cash is something in reality to be seen and touched, even if perhaps now some people feel you have to wash your hands afterwards, as has long been the case in some countries abroad. But some of the new plastic notes are a bit of a liability. Put two or three tens and twenties in your wallet and they all seem to jump out together. Fortunatey p4p prices more and more mean paying in fifties, unfortunate as that is economically.

Offline Marmalade

I started punting in an age where you would visit a massage parlour and have a choice of 4 or 5 lady's . Non of this going on tinternet and having to trawl through a lot of adultwork profiles till you found someone you fancied.

That's still the case, lockdowns permiting, in Edinburgh of course, although the quality in some places doesn't leave that much real 'choice'.

I like to see what I'm going to get. Not a photo. A real lifesize p4p that I can see, speak to, see her reaction to me. The other thing is cost. Paying considerabe sums for something immediately makes a purchase more 'serious'. An internet facsimile plus egregious prices takes a lot of fun out of the older system.

I've had some intersting and qute good times through AW. Yet if I do a 'sweet memories' job, the way you might recall favourite rock bands through the years, I remember warmly the outstanding women that cost me about a fiver at one end, or at the other, the luxurious brothels where the the madam seated me in a sumptuous velvet armchair and asked me what I would like from the magnificently stocked complimentary bar, maybe an aged Jack Daniels or a favourite malt, before introducing me to the drop-dead gorgeous selection of ladies (which were actually very reasonably priced). Pure class!

Offline Marmalade

Yes. You put it more concisely than me.  :thumbsup:

Online scutty brown

The new notes are easier to launder

Offline Marmalade

The new notes are easier to launder

Yeah I bet you put them in the washing machine and then use a UV checker to make sure they haven't been tampered with while you were out. :D :sarcastic:

Online scutty brown

Yeah I bet you put them in the washing machine and then use a UV checker to make sure they haven't been tampered with while you were out. :D :sarcastic:

How did you know that?????

More seriously, if you accidentally wash a pocket full of notes the plastic ones don't end up as a wet confetti mush