Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Are you addicted to punting  (Read 2524 times)

Pauly447

Hows many times a week punting would you say is addiction ?

Rochdull lad

I think punting can be addictive without being so frequent, Pauly.  Now that I'm retired, I usually only punt once [occasionally twice] a month and usually with Regulars but I'd say that I was addicted to punting.

By that I don't quite mean the same as LL in this post from yesterday https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=22768.msg336697#msg336697,

... The escapism and adrenalin rush I get is exactly why I punt.  Booking a girl that I've seen before or one that's been reviewed in a lot of detail can turn out to be a little predictable and I don't get the same kick out of it.  I get sex at home, punting is not just about sex for me.

While I can identify with what LL posted when I'm seeing a new girl, I can't now imagine not seeing Regulars.  So I'd say I was addicted.  As with any addiction, I guess a major problem is ensuring that I don't overdose and punt more than I can realistically afford.

circusbizarre

yep am addicted to and it has spoilt a couple of my normal relationships, sigh oh well

Offline Jimmyredcab

Impossible to answer, but I think if you punt more than once a week then you have a problem.    :thumbsdown:

Curious6705

Personally I wouldn't say "how many times a week" is in itself an indicator of addiction. I think you would need to look at a broader picture than that.

willbred

I punt on average once a week. I would say I'm addicted insofar as I think I would struggle to get through the week without the buzz; pleasure etc. it gives me.

willbred

Impossible to answer, but I think if you punt more than once a week then you have a problem.    :thumbsdown:

I have 2 punts booked for next week. If I had the spare cash, I might book even more. Most weeks, I have one punt and that " lasts me" the week. TBH work's quite stressful at the mo' and whilst I always make sure I have a proper punting budget for such times, the need to punt increases ( for me) during these periods.

Toshiba

At first i was, but not now, i know one day i will punt again but its been since last august .

Ive got a massive fear of sti's as im attached and its in my head now that its too dangerous

However im always looking, every day almost

Thehun10

I read a book once on this subject.
It was called Over-Sexed and Under-Loved: A Recovery Guide to Sex Addiction
Didn't help.

dilettante

The way I look at is if you weren't earning the money you couldn't punt so how would you cope then?  I've had my fair share of redundancy in the past.

ulander

I can only afford to punt about once a month.  But I've been doing it for 35 years and have no intention of stopping.  I'd call that addiction.

vorian

It not a case imho of being addicted to punting but addicted to sex. Having sex in all of its variations is a perfectly normal healthy thing to do every day.  Punting is one way of getting that, only one way.  An addiction becomes a problem if other parts of your life suffer.  So if you have gone into debt for example to have the money to punt then yes punting has become a problem for you. So once a day or once a year can both be as equally bad depending on your personal situation.

Offline b911

I try to punt once every one or two months, and I have been punting for a few years but that's because I enjoy it and its like a hobby. I would call myself an addict if I punted even though I couldn't afford it I.e. when I spend money on a punt that I should be spending on my real life egs bills or clothes.

If you are compelled to punt regardless of the consequences then that us addiction.

ulander

It not a case imho of being addicted to punting but addicted to sex. Having sex in all of its variations is a perfectly normal healthy thing to do every day.  Punting is one way of getting that, only one way.  An addiction becomes a problem if other parts of your life suffer.  So if you have gone into debt for example to have the money to punt then yes punting has become a problem for you. So once a day or once a year can both be as equally bad depending on your personal situation.
I didn't say I had a problem.  I said that I recognise I am addicted.  An addiction may also mean a problem, but not necessarily.

Offline Daffodil

Good post in my opinion.

If other parts of your life are suffering then it's a problem, if not then you're clear.

There have been occasions when I've punted very infrequently and then had a punt that had a negative financial effect and then other times when I've punted frequently where I've been more than comfortable.

It's that one-off punt that was the problem, not the times when people might see it as being an addiction.

I wouldn't say that I've ever had an addiction as I have always been able to walk away at any moment and, if I haven't punted in a while, I don't miss it especially.

Offline Daffodil

I didn't say I had a problem.  I said that I recognise I am addicted.  An addiction may also mean a problem, but not necessarily.

I think that's the same point as Vorian and myself, and well put.

Offline b911

I wasn't implying anyone had a problem, I was just offering my opinion on when I would class myself as being addicted at that point.

I would also suggest that addiction of any sort is a problem due to the inherent loss of control over that action or need. If your in control then it's not addiction in my view. Some people punt a lot, as some posters have mentioned they feel they need the buzz to see then through to the end of the week, that's fair enough, I have days like that too, but if you can say I really need a punt but havnt got the money so il just wait then there's no problem.

Offline Daffodil

I wasn't implying anyone had a problem, I was just offering my opinion on when I would class myself as being addicted at that point.

I would also suggest that addiction of any sort is a problem due to the inherent loss of control over that action or need. If your in control then it's not addiction in my view. Some people punt a lot, as some posters have mentioned they feel they need the buzz to see then through to the end of the week, that's fair enough, I have days like that too, but if you can say I really need a punt but havnt got the money so il just wait then there's no problem.

That's a good point. If it is an addiction, but is manageable, then that's great, but if circumstances change then it could become a significant problem. It might not be a bad idea to realise that before the worst case scenario occurs.